The Gravity Falls Thread

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Turns Out The Reason Why We Aren't Getting ANY New Episodes Is Cause The Creator Got Arrested For... Removing A 15 Year Old Boy's Kidneys.. As A 15 Old Myself... YOU B-WORD.... http://www.ben10toys.net/forum/topics/gravity-falls-creator-alex-hirsch-arrested Huh, Sorry Bout That, But Hey, I Didn't SAY The Bad Word!!, And I Hoping I Don't Get Suspended :eek: , But Still, THIS YEAR IS TURNING INTO A DISATER!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh wow. That's that funniest load of poo I've ever read. Come on...that can't possibly be true, especially because one, I think a major news network would have reported somthing like that...and two, the butter knife thing should automatically scream fake. I mean, a plastic butter knife can't cut through someone's skin, and if you were serious about taking someone's organs, you wouldn't do it somewhere where other people are, and you would do it with something that is actually sharp XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if that was the case, and it clearly isn't, they can always do a show without a creator. It tends to suffer on whatever level the creator brought to the series. Sometimes it's a lot (Ren and Stimpy) sometimes, it's very little (American Dad...Seth basically does 2 voices and leaves it at that. No wonder why it's the best of his shows).

Seems more like something on Disney's end. Someone must've called in a complaint about something. The humor is fairly adult... especially the ultramasculine creatures that have fists for nipples. That's bound to upset some bored old woman.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. I'm right. It was something at Disney's end. They just wanted to split the season up and resume the show after the new year. Alex said so himself on his Twitter feed.

I just realized something. It's so strange that now we don't have to wait months for new episodes, and we can get 5 seasons of a show in 2 years (Adventure Time). Splitting episodes up seems quaint, and I remember when Kid's WB had to make their paltry 13 episodes a season (remember that being the norm?) stretch from September to May, and we'd get reruns three episodes into a season!

Still, that rumor about him cutting a kid's kidney out was outrageously stupid, yet completely fitting of the style of show. If anyone started it, I bet it was Alex.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
Good to see it'll be resuming soon. It's the first new series I've watched in a while; very fun show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as I love Phineas and Ferb, this show just might eclipse it for me. I really hope it hits hard enough to gain a strong merchandising backbone out of it. Hopefully the wait won't hurt the ratings too much. It seems everything else gets a new season the second they finish another up. Not the Fox animated Sunday Night programming, that still has winter and summer breaks like regular primetime TV, but it's really something with Cartoon Network. There was barely a month in between the last episode of season 4 and the first of season 5.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I took a look at this series... maybe it's just me, but the voices don't really seem to match the characters very well, IMO... it'd almost be like if today's version of Big Bird still had that goofy, hillbilly, Barney-esque voice...

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I like the series, even though I like P & F better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
February 15. The freaking fifth freaking teenth. Less than a month away, still feels like an eternity.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I took a look at this series... maybe it's just me, but the voices don't really seem to match the characters very well, IMO... it'd almost be like if today's version of Big Bird still had that goofy, hillbilly, Barney-esque voice...
I was never too fond of Dipper's voice. His voice actor sounded too old for the character. He still does a good job at it though, as well as everyone else.