Holy Crap, I'm Overwhelmed...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Later than I wanted, but I FINALLY got to meet up with the TV people today.

I... I honestly am not sure just what I'm going to do here... they have two studios that can be used, however, they are incredibly small, and are pretty much only set up for like call-in or talk shows... not at all what I had in mind for a TV show with Steve, Bethany, and The Squirrely Squirrels... I mean, this is almost pretty much like what I've been doing with these miniscule YT vids all along, only with professional equipment as opposed to a digital camera and Movie Maker.

So, I'm really not sure what I should do at this juncture of my branching career, I don't know if I should look into other options, or maybe I could try to come up with some kind of little amusing little talk show format with Steve (then, I kind of feel like I'd be ripping off Noah Ginex's Jameson talk show).

But, there's updates for you guys.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Think of it this way, you might not get another shot at being on tv unless you tried out for America's Got Talent, if anything, your youtube stuff might be more popular

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes I contemplate becoming a partner channel to get more exposure... I mean hey, worked for Fred and Annoying Orange. :stick_out_tongue:

If anything, I can at least think that a good, basic setup could be Steve could be the host, Bethany can be the sidekick, The Squirrely Squirrels could be an incompetent house band or something, I dunno.

I can say that after seeing the cameras and editing and equipment and such, I'm glad that although everything is really state-of-the-art, modern, and up-to-date (the cameras are practically remote control, eliminating the need for cameramen), the projection is 4:3, which is great, I think.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I... I honestly am not sure just what I'm going to do here... they have two studios that can be used, however, they are incredibly small, and are pretty much only set up for like call-in or talk shows... not at all what I had in mind for a TV show with Steve, Bethany, and The Squirrely Squirrels... I mean, this is almost pretty much like what I've been doing with these miniscule YT vids all along, only with professional equipment as opposed to a digital camera and Movie Maker.

So, I'm really not sure what I should do at this juncture of my branching career, I don't know if I should look into other options,
If you're getting a chance to work with professional equipment I would definitely take it. That kind of experience is invaluable. Opportunities like this don't come along every day and I wouldn't take them for granted. You can't afford to be picky when you're starting out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I suppose you guys are right. I just don't know what like Steve and Bethany can just sit around and talk about for 29 minutes... and at four episodes at that... it's like what Caroll Spinney once said, if puppet shows get too talky and not enough action, it's not really interesting.

But I guess I really don't have any other alternatives at the moment... maybe sometime in the foreseeable future, if I ever get shots at making the puppet sitcoms I've been wanting to do since 2007, during hiatuses, I could still do STEVE D'MONSTER & COMPANY more like the show I had envisioned it would be (well, more kinda like Oscarfan, since a series of vignettes was more his idea/suggestion), and maybe perhaps some local affiliate of something would air it... and it'd definitely work well for me on YT.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I suppose you guys are right. I just don't know what like Steve and Bethany can just sit around and talk about for 29 minutes... and at four episodes at that... it's like what Caroll Spinney once said, if puppet shows get too talky and not enough action, it's not really interesting.
Making due with limited resources is part of starting out in entertainment. You have to get creative.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm trying... boy am I trying... again, I just can't even picture in my mind what Steve and Bethany would sit around and talk about for 29 minutes... but I guess I can come up with something in the eleventh hour or so.

I will say this though, whatever "canon" may apply to The Joseph Scarbrough Universe, I don't think this would be included in it. Then again, I think the YT videos are kind of a separate canon in its own continuity... but I guess whatever "canon" is up for fans and followers to decide.

Speaking of which, I kind of wish that one of these days, if I had any significant projects under my belt, that someone out there would do like a Wikia wiki for me.

Hubert

Reaction score
Good to hear an update on your progress. :smile: Though it's not entirely the best, if it were me I would take hold of this opportunity. This sounds like a great way for you to progress things further, and maybe this is the break that you need to actually get things moving in the direction that you are envisioning.

Of course, it's important to follow your heart and do what you feel is the best for your work...and I really hope that everything works out for the best for your puppetry. Stay creative. If you decide to use this opportunity, use your creative knowledge and wit to get you through it. Good luck to you. :wink: