Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's not forget Elf. At least people like that one. It was like the last Christmas movie to actually make money.

But LT: BIA's failure killed the Looney Tunes franchise (ignoring the completely awesome Duck Dodgers series), leading to the TV series of Baby Looney Tunes (derivative) and the creation of Loonatics Unleashed (derivative, bland, and insulting... even though they did try and fix the second season, but it was too little too late). It took The Looney Tunes show to actually get things back on track, and then they tossed it aside second season. While I get the broken base thing, I just don't get the hate that Lola Bunny's new actually Looney Tunish personality when she was basically a lame attempt to get girls in to see a Sports movie. Especially since that was the era they gave Tweety gender confusion (he's a freaking boy, people!).

Anyway, it seems that this is a hoax, at least to the extend that LaBron isn't going to be in it (he didn't even hear about the project). The film does have cult status (and the opening theme is a meme now), but I just don't see WB running itself ragged to getting that one into production.

Other than that... remember how I mentioned some terrible Hunger Games Spoof? Either the film's heavily delayed, it got released directly to video, or it's just not happening. Either way, nothing to worry about there either. Lame parody films like that are thankfully long out of fashion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Either way, I still felt compelled to go ahead and throw this thing together just to satirize how bad sequels have gotten in recent years.

And, heh, only took about the same time it takes Trey Parker and Matt Stone to put together new SOUTH PARK episodes these days.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
THE NEW ANNIE MOVIE! I KNOW IT"S GOING TO S.U.C.K. SUCK! Sorry...I'll calm down now...is it the black girl? Am I being a racist meanie? Absolutely NOT! What's the problem?! MODERN REFERENCES! TIMELESS WORKS PEOPLE HELLOOOOOOO?! FACEBOOK REFERENCES AND GEORGE CLOONEY UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually can't think of anything more fitting (except if humanity's collective . Annie is the most overrated musical there is (well... that and Rent), and I always found the movie appallingly saccharine. And that's removing my thoughts about what a titanic d-bag the original artist of the comic strip was. Dude freaking made a comic celebrating the death of FDR. That's pretty d-baggy partisan crap right there.

When it comes to comic strip based musicals, it's a shame that both amazing Snoopy/Charlie Brown based ones have to take a back seat to this... this thing and it's terrible music. "The Sun will come out Tomorrow" never fails to get me to puke. Compare with "Happiness is..." and "Just One Person," two wonderful, heartfelt songs from the underrated Peanuts based ones.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
THE NEW ANNIE MOVIE! I KNOW IT"S GOING TO S.U.C.K. SUCK! Sorry...I'll calm down now...is it the black girl? Am I being a racist meanie? Absolutely NOT! What's the problem?! MODERN REFERENCES! TIMELESS WORKS PEOPLE HELLOOOOOOO?! FACEBOOK REFERENCES AND GEORGE CLOONEY UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Please, use your indoor voice.

And who cares? A most-likely bad remake to well-disliked musical.