Your Feedback: Forum Rules

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
How is it that a discussion on MC forum rules and courtesies about staying on topic gotten so far off topic? :confused: :attitude: (gentle nudge)
See? Amazing isn't it?

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just be nice and treat your friends here like you would like to be treated, as well :big_grin:

Politeness is not so serious...IT IS NATURAL :smile:

Nobody likes the Grouch all the time :grouchy:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our forum rules have been updated with a new guideline concerning DVD/VCD/VHS trades and promotion.

Concerning video trades, do not sell or promote your unreleased videos, VCD's or DVD's.

While we do encourage merchandise and tape trading, out of respect for the copyrights of the Jim Henson Company personal and unreleased videos, homemade VCD's and DVD's may not be sold for profit or cash on our forum. Advertising or promoting such illegal material to purchase will lead to suspension of your account. In some cases, we may forward all of your account information directly to Henson (or eBay if applicable) for them to investigate further.
If anyone feels like a member of our forum is breaking these guidelines in a post, feel free to quote the above rule. Notify a moderator as neccessary if such behavior continues.

If you have any comments on the new video guideline, please post them here.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Isn't that breaking confidentiality or something? Sending the records on, I mean.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Isn't that breaking confidentiality or something? Sending teh records on, I mean.
Everything on the forum is public so bringing such posts to our attention doesn't violate any confidence. We appreciate certain freedoms on Muppet Central and any bootlegged media could potentially jeopardize the forum. Not to mention that such actions outlined by Phillip are illegal under copyright law. We will usually see the items first, but it's always good to have some help.

jediX

Reaction score
Just so everything's clear and random arguments/disputes don't pop up, what IS allowed to be traded, video-wise?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My opinion is that if you want to trade tape-for-tape (on whatever format you prefer) without any money involved, then it's more acceptable from Henson's perspective. We are just trying to prevent people from selling their personal VHS/VCD/DVD material here on the forum or promoting their eBay auctions trying to make a fast buck off homemade, unofficial releases.

jediX

Reaction score
Phew...I thought you were banning tape-for-tape trading of unreleased Henson items (IE something like, say, Muppets go to the Movies). The 'unreleased' comment kinda threw me off.

Whatever

Reaction score
I think its a very fair rule and most of us go up in arms when someone does that anyway. Now instead of a long debate we can just quote the rule.