Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Again, not being confrontational, but you didn't have to respond to my original post. It's for everyone here.

::yes and no gesture::

I have no issue with you either.

But there's a lot of topics we discuss over and over here, with the same points over and over. This is no different.
Again, my response was due to the incomplete information about LGBTQ individuals and genetics. That's VERY important to me and others. The rest of the issue is very important to you. If I'd posted an article with incomplete information that was important to you, or was perpetuating something that you've read much about over two decades, you'd likely have done the same. As for the rest, it's a very good point. That's all I've got left to say about it. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Again, my response was due to the incomplete information about LGBTQ individuals and genetics.
::yes and no gesture::

That's all I've got left to say about it.
I can't think of another issue that gets this kind of treatment here, that's all. And you did in fact respond.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm sorry, you know when people move their hand back and forth like "Eh, half and half"?
I still don't know what that means pertaining to what we were discussing. But whatever it is, I'm cool with it. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still don't know what that means pertaining to what we were discussing. But whatever it is, I'm cool with it. :stick_out_tongue:
I just think there were multiple components to your motivation for responding.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Interesting and topical. Candice Bergen is very much Muppets and puppet alum and this show had a huge impact in its day. Now it's back. I'm not sure if it'll hit or miss, probably a bit of both. To the right it will probably be what the reboot of Roseanne is to the left. That's probably fair to say.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Britain is so f*cked up.

I don't give any f*cks about the royal wedding, the ginger swine prince Harry or Megan Markle. It's a disgrace that £32 million has been spent on this when hundreds of people who lost their homes and possessions in the Grenfell Fire disaster are still homeless

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Britain is so f*cked up.

I don't give any f*cks about the royal wedding, the ginger swine prince Harry or Megan Markle. It's a disgrace that £32 million has been spent on this when hundreds of people who lost their homes and possessions in the Grenfell Fire disaster are still homeless
Yeah the royals are only good for tourism at this point.

Ugh....just had the worst online encounter with a Trump supporter. Possibly of all time. Don't get me wrong, I've had bad encounters with liberals too. But this one...man...I mean social media truly gives the worst specimens of humanity the spotlight. First this delightful person goes on a "Obama was a Muslim traitor!" rant. When I questioned her weak grasp on reality, I got treated to a bevy of insults about how I look far older than my age, am "senile," need "wrinkle cream," and need to "look for a man." And if I believe Trump cheated on his wife, it must be because I personally never had a faithful boyfriend. I mean...wow...I know she was just being a jerk, but I admit, I am pretty sensitive about my looks, and got more upset than I probably should have. When this "person" demanded a thank you for her service to the country, I informed her she would never get one from me (nor from Trump if she were captured, heh), her service was null and void as far as I was concerned, and I'd rather have an ugly face than a hideous soul such as hers. (Yes, this is sadly what happens when women get together, lol.) This lovely person then apparently blocked me. I admit, part of me felt bad (far worse than she did probably). If she really is a veteran she might be going through a rough time. On the other hand, her conspiracy theory garbage did deserve to be called out. And she didn't need to take it all to such a cruel place. It's scary how easy that is for some people. You know, I was happier before social media, before I had to find out that such people existed in this world.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yeah the royals are only good for tourism at this point.

Ugh....just had the worst online encounter with a Trump supporter. Possibly of all time. Don't get me wrong, I've had bad encounters with liberals too. But this one...man...I mean social media truly gives the worst specimens of humanity the spotlight. First this delightful person goes on a "Obama was a Muslim traitor!" rant. When I questioned her weak grasp on reality, I got treated to a bevy of insults about how I look far older than my age, am "senile," need "wrinkle cream," and need to "look for a man." And if I believe Trump cheated on his wife, it must be because I personally never had a faithful boyfriend. I mean...wow...I know she was just being a jerk, but I admit, I am pretty sensitive about my looks, and got more upset than I probably should have. When this "person" demanded a thank you for her service to the country, I informed her she would never get one from me (nor from Trump if she were captured, heh), her service was null and void as far as I was concerned, and I'd rather have an ugly face than a hideous soul such as hers. (Yes, this is sadly what happens when women get together, lol.) This lovely person then apparently blocked me. I admit, part of me felt bad (far worse than she did probably). If she really is a veteran she might be going through a rough time. On the other hand, her conspiracy theory garbage did deserve to be called out. And she didn't need to take it all to such a cruel place. It's scary how easy that is for some people. You know, I was happier before social media, before I had to find out that such people existed in this world.
No one should ever say things like that to another person and such insults are a good indicator that these people knew that they didn't have a sound argument. In all interactions it's a good rule of thumb to first think if it will make one's world bigger or smaller and how it will make everybody feel later on. I'd just skip such folk completely - including any progressives that use the same tactics - because there's no point except for misery and life's filled with enough that. Hugs. Don't let them get you down. :cry: