Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No one should ever say things like that to another person and such insults are a good indicator that these people knew that they didn't have a sound argument. In all interactions it's a good rule of thumb to first think if it will make one's world bigger or smaller and how it will make everybody feel later on. I'd just skip such folk completely - including any progressives that use the same tactics - because there's no point except for misery and life's filled with enough that. Hugs. Don't let them get you down. :cry:
Well I checked and she definitely did block me. Before that I got this lovely Christian message: "Awe. The poor troll had her feeling hurt! Your day will get better. Now go clean up the hershey squirts. Bye now. Forever! Lol!"

It's hard. There's not a minute that goes by that I don't worry about my body and eating too much, etc, heh. So yeah, that did cut deep. It shouldn't, but it does. And I don't believe this cretin has the capacity for regret. And if she ever does, I can't say for sure I'd have the strength to forgive. I can tell you I'll think twice before ever assuming a veteran deserves thanks again.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well I checked and she definitely did block me. Before that I got this lovely Christian message: "Awe. The poor troll had her feeling hurt! Your day will get better. Now go clean up the hershey squirts. Bye now. Forever! Lol!"

It's hard. There's not a minute that goes by that I don't worry about my body and eating too much, etc, heh. So yeah, that did cut deep. It shouldn't, but it does. And I don't believe this cretin has the capacity for regret. And if she ever does, I can't say for sure I'd have the strength to forgive. I can tell you I'll think twice before ever assuming a veteran deserves thanks again.
There are days I feel that too. Very few of us recognize our worth to those around us, but we should. Also, one in 25 Americans is a sociopath, so asking for one to recognize their behavior is as irritating as it is moot. I've read several books about it in order to avoid such people - and that really is the advice. RUN! No amount of that kind of poison is ever okay. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As far as Net Neutrality, I'm still where I was before. I don't consider the Internet worth saving at this point. If it crashed tomorrow forever, that would be the ultimate blessing on the world.

But what do I know anyway...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
As far as Net Neutrality, I'm still where I was before. I don't consider the Internet worth saving at this point. If it crashed tomorrow forever, that would be the ultimate blessing on the world.

But what do I know anyway...
I do.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can understand the Internet is helpful to some, and for their sake I hope they get what they need. For myself, I will never defend the Internet.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can understand the Internet is helpful to some, and for their sake I hope they get what they need. For myself, I will never defend the Internet.
The thing is, with friends, at work, and just life in general, people constantly ask me questions that could easily be Googled. I'm a smart cookie, but even I will often Google an answer to make certain it's correct before relaying the information. Everyone has nearly all of the informational answers that they need at their fingertips. It makes me wonder if people are stupid, lazy or both. I mean, one has to use their brain a bit in order to cite time tested and credible sources, but I guess that's about laziness and idiocy too. But the internet is such a valuable tool. That said, it's also ruined quite a few things. Information has a way of doing that, but that's actually a good thing in the long run. I guess my point is that, like anything, it's a tool. A hammer can be used to build a house for someone without one. A hammer could also be used to crack a skull. How it's utilized defines the individual, not the tool. Before that analogy is used for firearms, I must state the stark difference between a tool with the primary function of collecting and distributing information and a tool with the primary purpose of shooting holes through things and people. Both need a bit of regulation, but one needs a lot more. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm seeing that for the first time ever, the politicians running for their respective positions are actually telling you why you should vote for them in their ads, instead of telling you why you shouldn't vote for their opponents.

But, here's the thing . . . there's a common thread running through these particular political ads: the politicians support Trump. And, as you can imagine, they're trying to resort to his scare-tactics in their ads to drum up votes. "Vote for me, because I won't let immigrants continue to slip into our country illegally and take our jobs away. I even support Trump's border wall." "Vote for me, because the NRA and our disrespected President are trying to protect our rights, and I will see to it that they will continue to do so while I also do my part to protect you and your pistols, if you have 'em." (Yes, a local politician actually said that). "Vote for me because our conservative values are being threatened, and we need to make sure that our faith and families continue to be our top priorities in our country, and I will do what I can to make sure nothing happens to them."