What made you angry today?

Any Del

Reaction score
Try and fix it by myself. If not, then I'll have to cough up some money and take it to a technician... :smirk: :frown:

That PS3 was my "baby".

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I hope the best.

How long have you had it for? And if I have some suggestions, if you get it fixed, try and give the console at least 3-4 hours to cool off.

Any Del

Reaction score
I had for a year and a half. And yeah, if it gets fixed I gonna play it for 3-4 hours. I haven't played it since Monday and now it just started acting up... I didn't play it Tues, Wednesday and Thursday. I was playing it for a couple of hrs (like 2-3) then it just shut down... The problem was it overheated. When I felt the PS3 it was hot. I'm gonna try turning it on in the evening of today...(its past midnight and the start of the new day). Look up methods from different people who had the same issue as me. If those don't work then its off to the technician... Anyways I appreciate the concern and advice. Goodnight. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the irony? My ps3 gave out on me today too.

Well. Technically idk how long its been broken. but its been in storage and i finally attempted to set it back up and its getting no power whatsoever. its not the cord because i tried two different cords that both power my ps2 (its the same cord minus the ps2's power brick that it plugs into).

its about 7 years old though so at this point i might as well just upgrade. I convinced my mom to buy me a switch since i dont think the ps3 is worth salvaging

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
My Nintendo DSi XL is almost 8 years old now and I still use it to this day sometimes. It's a special Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary edition and I got it for Christmas in 2010. Oh, and my brother still has his PS1 which also still works.

Not trying to brag, I just thought I'd share that. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Try and fix it by myself. If not, then I'll have to cough up some money and take it to a technician... :smirk: :frown:

That PS3 was my "baby".
My baby is still a 1982 Atari 2600. The thing is dang near indestructible. You can pour soda on it, you can run it over with a burning tank, and it will still play. Even after being locked in a garage for two years, exposed to the elements, and accumulating an inch of dust, this thing was built to last. If you don't mind 4-bit graphics, and the backgrounds are predominantly screaming orange, you're good to go.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Atari's don't have as much power as modern day consoles. That's why they don't brick as easily.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
nah, things from back in the day were made with more durable materials. stuff now is built on the cheap to mass produce so companies cut corners any way they can

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If anything though -

I'd say Microsoft consoles brick more easily. Microsoft sucks with consoles.