Muppets Are A Bad Influence

Convincing John

Reaction score
I'm not sure who would remember this, but around the time of "Flintstone Kids", there was another short-lived cartoon called "Little Rosie", and it was about Roseanne (Barr at the time) when she was a kid!

What will they think of next? Hmmm...hey, how about "Saturday Night Live Kids" with the original cast of SNL as kids! Hey, just kidding! Just kidding!

You know, I can almost see them animated in the school cafeteria...little John Belushi is slurping Jell-O squares off the plates and seems excited about today's menu. He keeps yelling "Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger!", Little Gilda is in her Roseanne Roseannadanna wig, showing her knee to a nauseated little Jane Curtin, commenting "Do you ever notice these scabs you get after you fall off your tricycle? They get all red and purple and then they dry up and then they start to flake off...", and Dan Ackroyd as a little Conehead, who looks-not only out-of-place, but is also annoyed with the kid behind him who's flapping Dan's arm up and down like a rag doll.

This week's guest host, Ernie, keeps flapping Dan's arm as he talks to little versions of Lorraine Newman and Garrett Morris.

Ernie: "So you see, that's why I always win at catch, because look at Bert's arms...see how floppy and soggy they are?" (Dan slowly turns around)

Ernie: "Bert!...you look different...(looks at the top of Dan's head) Oh, now I know...you got a new haircut! Keeheeheeheehee!":stick_out_tongue:

Bert, the assistant guest host, comes running up to Ernie. "Ernie! I thought I told you to save a place for me in line!" (Bert tries to move in front of Ernie when a voice from behind the counter says "Hey, enda da line, pal.") Bert looks up to see, in place of the cashier, The Mighty Favog wearing a hairnet. Bert sighs :frown: as he walks slowly to the back of the line. Along the way, he listens to the sound of a perpetual flushing noise as the kids pay for their lunches by dropping their lunch money into The Mighty Favog's vat.

Oh, the things I think up on a Saturday afternoon...:smile:

Convincing John

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Mr.Penguin said:
Zack, it's Doggie Daddy....I was just reading the thread and man is it GOOD! Thanks Fozzie! Make another one!

- :wink:
Yeah I mixed the both of them up, thanks for catching that! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I never got the point of Baby Pooh.

All the other characters they made babies were babies at some point, but Pooh and his ilk(Eeyor, Tigger, etc.) are supposed to be stuffed Animals?

Wouldn't that make them stray pieces of cloth then?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Example #422,987.5:

Fisher Price Spin and Surprise Castle, featuring Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle as children, and one of the accessories is that Child Belle has a push cart with Mrs. Potts and Chip on it.

DO WE SEE THE NEGLIGENCE OF STORY TELLING HERE?! Disney does anything for a buck. Good grief!

Belle wouldn't have met Mrs. Potts until she was grown, and while being a kid, Mrs. Potts would have been a real woman!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's pretty dumb, but not as pointless as Baby Pooh. Belle was a child at some point, at least.

Monstermaster

Reaction score
I'm not sure who would remember this, but around the time of "Flintstone Kids", there was another short-lived cartoon called "Little Rosie", and it was about Roseanne (Barr at the time) when she was a kid!

What will they think of next? Hmmm...hey, how about "Saturday Night Live Kids" with the original cast of SNL as kids! Hey, just kidding! Just kidding!

You know, I can almost see them animated in the school cafeteria...little John Belushi is slurping Jell-O squares off the plates and seems excited about today's menu. He keeps yelling "Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger!", Little Gilda is in her Roseanne Roseannadanna wig, showing her knee to a nauseated little Jane Curtin, commenting "Do you ever notice these scabs you get after you fall off your tricycle? They get all red and purple and then they dry up and then they start to flake off...", and Dan Ackroyd as a little Conehead, who looks-not only out-of-place, but is also annoyed with the kid behind him who's flapping Dan's arm up and down like a rag doll.

This week's guest host, Ernie, keeps flapping Dan's arm as he talks to little versions of Lorraine Newman and Garrett Morris.

Ernie: "So you see, that's why I always win at catch, because look at Bert's arms...see how floppy and soggy they are?" (Dan slowly turns around)

Ernie: "Bert!...you look different...(looks at the top of Dan's head) Oh, now I know...you got a new haircut! Keeheeheeheehee!":stick_out_tongue:

Bert, the assistant guest host, comes running up to Ernie. "Ernie! I thought I told you to save a place for me in line!" (Bert tries to move in front of Ernie when a voice from behind the counter says "Hey, enda da line, pal.") Bert looks up to see, in place of the cashier, The Mighty Favog wearing a hairnet. Bert sighs :frown: as he walks slowly to the back of the line. Along the way, he listens to the sound of a perpetual flushing noise as the kids pay for their lunches by dropping their lunch money into The Mighty Favog's vat.

Oh, the things I think up on a Saturday afternoon...:smile:

Convincing John
Very true. There are so many different Spinoff Babies/Spinoff Kids type shows that were made in the wake of Muppet Babies.

It makes you think doesn't it? Like maybe they'll be Late Night Babies/Late Night Kids.

I can picture Lil Jay Leno playing with a collection of toy cars or riding his tricycle everywhere, Lil Conan pretending to be the Flaming C or walking around with Lil Andy Richter.

Lil Davey Letterman and Lil Jay Leno have playful arguements with eachother, or Lil Jay Leno and Lil Conan having playful rivalries between each other.

And Lil Stevie Colbert holding a plush toy eagle and trying to be like the Sam The Eagle of the group.