Your Thoughts: Muppets From Space

Fluffets

Reaction score
Hey has anyone here seen the video commentary? I just saw it last night and it was cool, if anyone here (not me) thinks the movie suck-diddly-ucked then you might think the commentarys better. If anyone here is familiar with the show Mystery Science Theater 3000 then you might like it even more. Basically its similar: Two puppets in a movie theater, making comments with a single human. And if your not familiar with it, and you think the movie was good (me!) then you'll probably like it anyway! Although sadly Kermit only pops up at the beginning and end but it says it was live so Steve Whitmire probably had to swap inbetween to perform Rizzo. Overall the movie was good too! But any other newer muppet films are gonna have to have a lot in em to beat "The Muppet Movie"!:smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Ahh, the commentary is brill. =D I like all of their random comments, lol.

Nope... for some reason, they wanted a 70's funk/R&B track... I like that type of music and all, but the Muppets aren't famous for having other people's recordings of songs play while they sit by and do nothing. Even in the old days when Jim used old song tracks by other people, they at least acted something hilarious out with them.

I really wish they used the soundtrack "Going to Go Back There Someday," if anything for the end credits sequence. Just for missing that musical spirit, it loses what makes Muppet movies Muppety.
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't use it, either! And yeah, lol, I'm not sure why they used so much R&B and funk stuff from the 70s. I like it but... of all things!

Fluffets

Reaction score
Ahh, the commentary is brill. =D I like all of their random comments, lol.

Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't use it, either! And yeah, lol, I'm not sure why they used so much R&B and funk stuff from the 70s. I like it but... of all things!
I quite like the explanation that kermit was late because he had wondered into the wrong dvd! Lol "I eventually realized that the character I thought was gonzo was Jar Jar Binks!":smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was an experiment of sorts, but it really didn't pay off... I did like how the Alien Gonzos' sang "Celebration" near the end... but it really couldn't match "The Magic Store" "Hey a Movie" or anything like that in terms of a grand musical finale....

But the commentary is the only reason to buy the DVD. In fact, it is much, much funnier than the actual film at parts.

Fluffets

Reaction score
It was an experiment of sorts, but it really didn't pay off... I did like how the Alien Gonzos' sang "Celebration" near the end... but it really couldn't match "The Magic Store" "Hey a Movie" or anything like that in terms of a grand musical finale....

But the commentary is the only reason to buy the DVD. In fact, it is much, much funnier than the actual film at parts.
The Magic Store?:confused:

Bob1995

Reaction score
It seems like a no-brainer why the "Gonzo the Alien" idea got dropped- my idea is that eiether the writers didn't like it, or Disney didn't own the rights. Any ideas?

Bob1995

Reaction score
Ironicly, MFS was directed by Tim Hill, who would go on and direct stinkers like Garfield 2 and Alvin and the Rapping Chipmunks(not actual title):confused:. Honestly, MFS was his best Film :embarrassed:.

Fluffets

Reaction score
It seems like a no-brainer why the "Gonzo the Alien" idea got dropped- my idea is that eiether the writers didn't like it, or Disney didn't own the rights. Any ideas?
What do you mean?:mad: Gonzo is an alien. Or he is in my opinion. (upon watching that movie several times!) :concern: He just didn't want to join his family because.... well probably several reasons.

#1 He only just met them.
#2 It's (unlikely but) possible that (maybe!) they weren't his real parents.

#3 (the obvious) He had spent so much time with the muppet gang that he didn't want to leave.

That's my conclusion, thank you.:big_grin:

Fluffets

Reaction score
The song... from the end of TMM ('...you got a home at the maaagic storrrrre')
Wait... "The Muppet Movie"? I don't remember it, but poor me :sympathy: can't hear lyrics that well. (rushes to get diagnosed) Well it's not like I'm deaf or something but I usually can't understand many modern songs, I won't bother to describe how much modern music is TERRIBLE!:mad: I hope the muppets don't stoop to the level of fast-tempo raps or deppresing songs. I can somehow already picture the electric mayhem doing that though, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:eek: