New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello

Another newbie here. Joined and have been lurking. Name is Alex and I am in Toronto Canada. Have my hand into lots of things but mainly prop building. Nickname Styrofoam Guy from using Styrofoam for building sets and props for a student theatre show.

I watched Buffy and Angel and loved the Puppet Angel. I got the doll but I was not happy with the shape of the head so I wanted to learn to make a new one.

I am now trying to learn the techniques to build a puppet head and this forum was recommended by a friend

Alex
Styrofoam Guy
Hi Alex! Nice to meet you!

hi, y'all, thanks for having me in your club. I was in a string quartet that was featured on an epidode of Ghost of Faffner hall, but I've never seen it. The quartet was called the Como String Quartet and we were in a restaurant scene with the empressario with the orange hair. If anyone has a copy of this episode, I would love to get my hands on one. Thanks y'all. HUNG. If anyone can help please email me on hunglewell@hotmail.com
That's great! Welcome to the forum!

Hello everybody!
I just found this site today and I'm very excited about it, some really cool places here. I have watched and listened to various muppets and Henson stuff since I was small and look forward to many memories with my own children. :big_grin:
Hi, Glad you've joined us LiaDragon!

Hi there! Since I am new here, I thought I'd introduce myself. My real name is Patricia, and I'm a 35 year old woman from Surrey, BC, Canada. I grew up on such Muppet classics as the classic Sesame Street (I can even still remember Mr. Hooper, AKA Will Lee!), The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. My favorite Muppets are Kermit, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Boober (Fraggle Rock) and his dreamland alter-ego Sidebottom. My favorite Muppet movies are The Labyrinth and The Muppet Movie (love Kermit's playing a banjo and singing "Rainbow Connection" in the latter film. Kermit singing RC is a great way to lift my spirits when I'm feeling down). I will admit though, that I hate the Disney-made Muppet movies (Michael Eisner and Co. clearly know diddly-squat about the Muppets, and it shows in the Disney-made Muppet films). Other interests of mine include classical animation, cartooning, drawing, cats, 70's and 80's rock and roll and pop music, dancing, fashion and beauty, and Wicca/Paganism. Looking forward to meeting others here. Take care and have an awesome day!:wink:

Patricia/cherrypotion27
A big hi to Patricia!

Where do I begin? I have been a huge Muppet fan since as long as I can remember. I guess it started with Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street. I have always been so fascinated with puppetry. My dream job would be to work on films like The Dark Crystal or on a show like Fraggle Rock, or a puppetry troup. I am so thrilled to have found this forum! Thank you!
Hi! Nice to meet you! We're all about dreams here in this forum!

Hi Everyone. I've been on this site before but I'm new to the board. I'm 15 years old and love the Muppets. I've always loved them. In fact, Seasme Street is on now (I'm a little sick today). I enjoy Seasme Street and The Muppet Show. I haven't seen the Muppet Show in a long time. I loved watching it on the Odyssey channel, which is now the Hallmark Channel. I should rent some DVDs but the certain episode I want to see is the one with Alice Cooper. I love older music such as the Beatles. I listen to Alice's radio show and I'd like to see the episode again. I've seen some clips on YouTube.

Also I want to know a site where I can find pictures of the muppets separately. Like the one with Janice listen to her headset or Gonzo with a purple backround. They had them on a Muppet Hollywood site but the site doesn't exsist anymore. Can anyone help me find these types of pictures?
Sorry that I can't help you, But welcome anyway!

Hi, it's great to be Here! I am ZootyCutie! I have read Muppet Central, but have never been on it. By looking at my screen name, I bet you could guess my favorite Muppet!
Hi ZootyCutie! I like you screen name, hehe!

Hello, Im Joe! Yes, my name is Joe, or Johan to be correct, but you can call me Joe or Knegoff!

I am SWEDISH (yae!), and tbh, not even I can understand what the swedish chef is up to always. I do however know a relative to Lars Bäckman, the chef that is said to have inspired Jerry Juhl to speak to Jim Henson about adding a mumbling swedish chef. (Lars Bäckman appeared on english TV and was drunk, and while he cooked he mumbled a strange mixture of swedish and english language.)

Anyhow, Ive been a muppet fan for as long as I can remember. I have a VHS tape at my old folks home containing the Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens episodes of The Muppet Show, taped from swedish TV with swedish subtitles, also theres "The Muppets: A 30 Year Celebration" taped. I watched the tape countless of times, and I fell in love with the muppets thanks to the humour of Jim, Frank and the other writers, and not to mention, the music. The music in the Connie Stevens episode is fantastic, featuring "Teenager in love" and "Close to you".

Im a diehard old school muppet fan, and don't like the new Disney stuff too much, eventhough I really enjoyed "Dinosaurs" and "Muppets Tonight!". My favourite shows are The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock.

I blog almost everyday at www.ronn.us, I have an e-mail that's johan@ronn.us, and well, Im gonna stick around here, coz I feel this place is filled with love.

Thank you for listening to me, now Im gonna spend alot of time listening to you.

Best wishes
Joe :wink:
Hi Joe! Nice to meet you!

Hello, Just joined.
I'm surprised it took me this long to find this forum! I'm such a goof for the Muppets and enjoy seeing them constantly!

I've always like the Muppets, though didnt really understand what they were about until recently. I'm not what someone would call a fanatic, but I am very much interested in them.

About me:
I am almost 21, I have a dog and a baby. Snoopy, who is a pit bull who's 18 months and Blake, who just turned a year old. Between the two of them my life's pretty much full. But enjoyably so!
I'm so used to the other forum I am very active on, so this one might take some time getting used to and acclimated with. Hopefully not too long!
Glad to have found the forum and will enjoy talking with everyone!
Hi honkerduckie! It's great to meet another Muppet fan!

honkerduckie

Reaction score
PinkTribeChick said:
Welcome to the BB, honkerduckie! Love the name! I'm guessing it's a homage to the Honker and Dinger monsters they sometimes showed on Sesame Street? Loved them . . .
I was watching Sesame Street with my son the other morning and one of the last sketches was the Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree. I've been singing it to myself since then :smile:

Cronika

Reaction score
Hello! Hi, I have been a Muppet fan since childhood, when I watched The Muppet Show, Fraggel Rock, and Sesame Street. I rediscovered TMS some years ago when a friend showed me some episodes during a journey. After that, I searched for informations on the Internet and found this great site.
I'm still waiting for a release of TMS Season One in Germany.:rolleyes:.but I bought the UK version and I'm looking forward to the second season!:excited:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hello! Hi, I have been a Muppet fan since childhood, when I watched The Muppet Show, Fraggel Rock, and Sesame Street. I rediscovered TMS some years ago when a friend showed me some episodes during a journey. After that, I searched for informations on the Internet and found this great site.
I'm still waiting for a release of TMS Season One in Germany.:rolleyes:.but I bought the UK version and I'm looking forward to the second season!:excited:
Welcome :big_grin: hope you enjoy it!

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
Wilkommen, Cronika! Froh, Sie zu haben hier! Hoffnung genießen Sie das Anzeige Brett! :smile:

Yes - I speak a little German, took 3 and a half years in high school of it . . . but I'm rusty. So what I can't remember, I use a translator program for. Either way - it's great to have you here!

muppetgirl06

Reaction score
:excited: Hello I am new my name is Misty and I am a huge Muppet fan. I would probably say I am just a Jim Henson fan. Honestly don't know if I could choose a favorite of all his work. I have been a Henson fan since I was young. So I would like to say hello to all!:smile:

sheree

Reaction score
Hi my name is sheree. I live in australia and I'm a mother of twin boys. I purchased some Construction Site video's for the boy's, thay have 3 movies which do not play anymore because thay have been watched far to many time's; in the morning, at nighttime, and on the weekends. My boys carry the boxe's around with them, even taking the boxes to bed with them. Every day they ask me if I can fix the videos or get new ones.
We see digger's on the road which my boys call "Diggs",a cement mixer thay call "Maxine",or a dump truck they call "Lug".

I have been searching and cannot find copies of these videos anywhere. Do you no where I can purchase them or anyone that can help me by suggesting where I could find these videos? Would really appreciate it , please email me if anyone can help, thanks.:excited: