Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Aww, thanks! I do like the sweet things, hehe. And hey, they were so caring about each other, I think they'd be caring about Little Jerry and his buddies, too!
That's a very good point. It's easy to lose sight of how much the piggies liked each other and cared even though they seemed to selfishly keep singing happily when they fell off one by one. Or happily for part of the time as in the case of the leader after the second piggy fell.:wink:
But you do have to admit that when the leader tells his remaining buddy to watch his step at that particular moment it was very obvious indeed that he cared about him, wasn't it? He must have been very sad that both his friends were dead even though naturally he had to cover it up for the sake of the audience's enjoyment right?:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, you bet. Hey, he was an actor, after all! :wink: And you know, ya gotta entertain the audience... which they all did oh so well! :big_grin:

I do think it's clear how much the piggy buddies cared about each other. Well, maybe continuing with their singing helped them feel a little bit better. And maybe their buddy inspired them to try and keep climbing and try to make it to the top! With... weird results! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWZERS!!!!!!!

12 372 views on this thread of ours:excited:
It's sure red hot.:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Man, I thought it felt awfully hot in here before! :wink:

How awesome, thanks for bringing that up, Marty! :excited: Those readers sure seem to love it 'round here! :big_grin:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this BBG! That idea of your's with the goat shoving LOVE on the pigs sounds like a neat idea! Thanks and God Bless You All!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks BBG and Ilikemuppets!
Your welcome crazed!

Hello everybody. I've been spending some time with Mum and I'm going back later to spend one more night with her.

We're doing well and I trust that you all are fine as well. :smile:
Glad to here your doing well, Marty!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWZERS!!!!!!!

12 372 views on this thread of ours:excited:
It's sure red hot.:big_grin:
That's gerat!

You have to remember that the Moutain of Love was suppost to be a real mountain, so they were just climbing it and really has to reason to be comedic. While the Muppet how mountian was suppost to be just props because it os a live show that is just playing it up for comedic laughs. That's why the moutain on sesame stree was also more elaborats looking. Plus that had to take into consideration that children might not see the houmor of falling off the mountain and become concerned or worried about it. So that's a reason why they didn't do it that way.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
True. That is a reasonable way of looking at it William. Since TMS was set in a stage theater all the sketches were supposedly set on stage anyway.
It's just that in the fun of our crazy discussion we can understandably forget about the stage show aspect of this sketch as we think about them falling off a "real" mountain and make quirky jokes about their "tragic" fate of course. :big_grin: :wink: :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe yeah, it sure can be easy to get pretty weird and wacko in the midst of our crazy conversations sometimes! :big_grin:

Those are some really good points that William made, too. I definitely agree with them as well. It's awesome getting our different opinions and thoughts about these sketches! But I still gotta say how much I love the Little Jerry and the Monotones sketch... it sure is perfect the way it is, just like our piggies sketch is, too! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I sure do like your reply Caroline. And I agree both sketches are indeed perfect as they are meant to be.

And what do you think of my change of location from Australia to what I've put now? Very appropriate for our wacky, wild atmosphere, isn't it? :big_grin: :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
:big_grin: :big_grin:

I love your new location, Marty!! That is definitely perfect! Now as long as you're up there, try to make those silly evil goats behave, would ya? :wink: