Favorite Character on Fraggle Rock

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I always pair her up with Gobo because I'm weird :wink:
Everyone and their dog must be weird then, for loads of people--including myself and Fraggle guru, Foodie (whose incidentally named here as such, due to the name of his snake)--pair Gobo and Red together.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My very favorite character is Boober, he's just so funny and adorable and reminds me of myself sometimes. Gobo and Wembley are also AWESOME and favorites of mine as well. Of course I like Cantus and Marjory and Pa and Cotterpin too. I honestly don't know if there's a character I DON'T like. :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hm...

Well, my top choice would be Red. However, it's not because I'm like her ... like Mokey, I like her because she does things I'm not into. I'm naturally like Mokey in terms of hobbies and philosophies ... but I admire and share a bit of Red's gung-ho attitude. God, I have such wembling identities ...

Which brings me to Wembley. As I noted on the Crushes thread, I like him because he's so innocent, plus his wembling is endearing, and he seems like he'd be great to hang around, since he can't just like one particular kind of thing.

I always thought of Doc as a fictional grandfather too (and we're not alone, apparently, because Mr. Parkes mentions the same idea in the season 3 commentaries). My real grandfathers were always tinkering away on something, so it was familiar.

I should add Junior to the Crushes post. I don't see him as dumb ... he's not any dumber than anyone else on the show, IMHO. He's treated that way most likely because of how he talks and he represents the next generation (kind of like how Earl resented Robbie). Junior (like Wembley) just wants to do the right thing, make his parents proud, and live his dreams. Can't argue with that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
However, it's not because I'm like her ... like Mokey, I like her because she does things I'm not into.
Ditto in the sense that I like Red, not just because she's adorable--which all Muppets are in their own ways--but because she's got that "never-say-die" attitude and spunky spirit that I feel a lot of people wish they had, myself included, because as adventurous--i.e. Gobo-like--as I am, I am also Boober-like in that I am very cautious of what I do and whatnot.

Quesal

Reaction score
Cantus! Hands down. Nice guy, funny in his own right and makes lovely music. Can't compete with that!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I should add Junior to the Crushes post. I don't see him as dumb ... he's not any dumber than anyone else on the show, IMHO. He's treated that way most likely because of how he talks and he represents the next generation (kind of like how Earl resented Robbie). Junior (like Wembley) just wants to do the right thing, make his parents proud, and live his dreams. Can't argue with that.
I agree. Junior isn't as dumb as he looks. He is ignorant about some things, but he has an open mind. At least more than his parents. It's really nice that, especially towards the end of the series, Junior was shown to be smarter, and wiser than originally thought.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I agree. Junior isn't as dumb as he looks. He is ignorant about some things, but he has an open mind. At least more than his parents. It's really nice that, especially towards the end of the series, Junior was shown to be smarter, and wiser than originally thought.
Just like every child. Children are often looked down upon, but then, as they mature and grow into their own, they may even surpass their parents in terms of understanding and knowledge.

Shade601

Reaction score
I have a horrible time picking, there's really nobody I can't identify with on some level, which I think was the point of the show, honestly...if anything, the only one i don't really care for most of the time is the show's most popular character, Red...maybe because she's overly glorified a lot because of her energy, but i find it annoying. she gets her friends into trouble and she almost never admits when she's screwed up. but, she has her merits too of course.

i'm particularly attached to Gobo's no-nonsense attitude, Doc simply because Gerry Parkes is an incredible actor, and Junior Gorg, because personally I think he has more depth than any other character on the show. And Richard Hunt...what a voice. Junior's songs have made me cry more times than I can count. And I've got love for anybody voiced by Jim...Cantus' "ambiguously exact" nature really does represent Jim's mindset, he's a great reflection of the guy...but I think I prefer Convincing John's chaotic vibe ;-) he's a reflection too, though, in a sense, everyone Jim ever played was similar in some quality to his personality. Ernie, the mischievous one, Kermit, trying to hold everything together, Cantus and his infinite backwards wisdom, Guy Smiley, Rolf the dog...they're all facets of his brilliance and sense of humor ;-)