What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys love "Legends" so much. I'll have another chapter up sometime soon, with a lot more surprises that'll lead up to secret of Calvin FeLine's master plan. And, Count, I'm sorry to hear that things hadn't worked out so well with your original artist. I hope you've found another one in my absence that you're much more comfortable with.:smile:

-------------

I have an update on "The Silver Crystal" (the second F4/Muppets crossover) that I'd like to share with everyone.

As I'd mentioned a few days earlier, I'll be writing that story back-to-back with "The Spectacular", since the two deal with "C.O.V.ies" (as Ryan so marvelously referred to them in his "Old Friends" tale). But while "The Spectacular" will be just focusing on key agents like Ed Singer, Bobo the Bear (a.k.a. Rentro), Butch and Clyde, and Ryan, "The Silver Crystal" will focus on the entire organization itself and a more militaristic side of it with General Luft, who will play a sort of villainous role as one of the many people who's after the Silver Surfer and trying to unlock his great cosmic powers.

And as far as characters from other Henson-related franchises that are to be included into the story, such as Farscape and The Dark Crystal, I'll be having the plotline of the tale taking place after the events of The Dark Crystal and sometime during the third season of Farscape, with references to one favorite episode of mine titled "Kansas".

Speaking of Farscape, I have a list of characters that'll be brought out of the series and exclusively into the story:

John Crichton (of course!)
Aeryn Sun
Chiana
Pilot (Moya can't exist without him!)
Scorpius (and Harvey)
Ka D'Argo
Noranti
Dominar Rygel XVI (or simply "Rygel")

That's all I have for now.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sean. Got a couple of new friends working on it, waiting to hear from them and then show 'em to you for comparison.
Just heard Sue Storm will be on First Take on ESPN2 from 10:00 AM EST onwards.

The episode of Farscape, "Kansas", which one was that? Is it the one where they end up back in 1986?
Looking forward to all the fanfiction from your mighty marvelous mines.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
That's marvelous, Count. And I think I missed that appearance by Sue Storm (or Jessica Alba) on ESPN2. I've been waiting on seeing if any cast members will appear on some of these late night shows like David Letterman or Jay Leno, but they've been saving the guest spots for the stars of Transformers instead. I guess they'll be on after the movie's release.

And, yes, "Kansas" is the episode of Farscape in which the Moya crew end up traveling back in time to 1986 on the day of Halloween, after Crichton was sucked through a wormhole, met up with The Ancient known as "Einstein", and accidentally alternated future events. I'll be referencing both that one and another titled "A Human Reaction", where Crichton ended up returning to Earth with Aeryn, D'Argo, and Rygel and finding everything becoming a complete nightmare when all three of his friends are captured (one of them dissected and killed during their capture). But he discovers once things don't seem like they're real that he is in a "simulated Earth" created by The Ancients and based on his actual memories of Jack (his father) and the Farscape One project.

Out of all the episodes of Farscape, those two are my favorite ones, because they show us how the crew would function on Crichton's own turf, which is exactly how it'll be in "The Silver Crystal" tale.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Outside the "MARVELOUS Muppets" and "Sesame, DC", I have other tales lined up to be written sometime in the near future. One of these I'd mentioned a few months ago, a story based on Dinosaurs that is sort of like my version of the popular Frank Miller graphic novel, 300.

Another came upon me over the weekend while I was watching another Henson-related project, MirrorMask (written and directed by two great graphic novelists, Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean). At first, I wanted to include the characters and storyline of MirrorMask into the "MARVELOUS Storyteller" series, but decided on taking a better approach by throwing it all in with a crossover to another favorite and well-known graphic novel, Hellboy.

Who knows? Perhaps somewhere in the future of "MARVELOUS", the great characters and story of MirrorMask will play a role in a story based on a certain strange doctor.:smile:

But until then, both of these projects will be my next aim after I've finished with "The Spectacular", "The Silver Crystal", and "Rider's Delight".

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.:smile:

The first chapter of "The Silver Crystal" will be coming very soon, possibly within the last week of June or sometime this weekend. In the meantime, I'll try to get another chapter in from "The Spectacular".

Also...

I'm already in the process of thinking up possible subplots for stories based on next year's comic book blockbusters: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and The Dark Knight. These subplots are, of course, surrounding characters out of The Muppets/Sesame Street and the additional franchises involved.

So far, for the "Sesame, DC" version of The Dark Knight, I'm bringing back all the SS characters from the first story into the sequel, such as Elmo, Oscar the Grouch, and Count von Count. But I'm including some human characters as well, like Gordon, Bob, Luis, and Maria. And though it's a pending decision, I'm thinking of having Telly, Rosita, Bert, and Ernie brought in as possible additions to the Muppet characters in the tale.

As far as the additional franchises for this story goes, characters from Xiaolin Showdown, Scooby-Doo, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy will be brought back into the chaos. But I'm wanting at least two more new ones involved also. I know The Count suggested characters from Darkwing Duck to be in it (which they will be).

If anyone can think of another cartoon franchise to be included into the SS/Dark Knight tale, then let me know as soon as you can, and I'll let you know my decision on it.

I'll give some information on my plans for Muppet crossovers with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk soon. I can reveal that a certain go-fer will be starring in both stories.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You could always add Gargoyles, the series to the Dark Knight mix. That's another one I can help you with if you need info on the cast of characters. Or maybe American Dragon. Another possibility for either Dark Knight or Iron-Man consideration could be Get Ed.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it all. On a related note, you probably already know about the Batpod (Batcycle). But Cartoon Network's got a second Grim Adventures movie coming in July, called Wrath of the Spider Queen. Maybe that'd add some more inspiration to your great crossovers.

Take care, hope to read more from you soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I could use both Gargoyles and American Dragon for the SS/DK crossover, Count. I have in the past thought about including characters from American Dragon and Xiaolin Showdown in a crossover together, but it would've been for Iron Man.

Speaking of Iron Man, Get Ed sounds like an interesting franchise to include into that story. But I'm not entirely familiar with the plot of the show (I only know that it's set in the future and the main characters are all delivery boys and girls). But I am thinking of including the Am-Drag, the mini-monks, and Jimmy Neutron into that one.

I have heard of the new Batpod for TDK, but the thing that impresses me the most about the new movie is Batman's new costume design. He really does look like a knight in the sequel.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to know. If you need help, you know where to reach me.

Also been wondering, what with the great crossover work you do... How would you handle a sort of Muppet-filled (both TMS Muppets and Sesame gang) version of the Haunted Mansion? Not the movie, but the legend/lore of the attraction itself? Maybe mix in with a bit of Castlevania I guess, sort of wondering since I have some monster Muppet characters but I keep getting dissatisfied with my fledgling fanfic efforts. Also planning on filling up the castle/manor's confines, we can talk about that somewhere else if you prefer.
Hope this helps somewhat and take care.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
A Muppet-filled version of The Haunted Mansion? Hmmm....not really the one who would do crossovers with ride attractions (mostly inspired by them--for example, the 3-D Spider-Man ride in Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios Florida). But if I had done such a crossover, I wouldn't have any references to Castlevania in it, because I've never really played that game. It might be loosely based on the film, with a few tweaks here and there.

I might consider doing a story with Muppet cameos for "Legends of Disney". We'll see, of course.:smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have some really awesome news.....Jackie Chan is going to be in Iron Man!:big_grin:

Well, sort of.

That is, Jackie Chan Adventures will be joining Xiaolin Showdown, American Dragon, and Jimmy Neutron in next year's crossover, which will continue on the storyline first set up in "Hulk-O-Vision" of Tony Stark being the "father" of Scooter.

So far, the subplot set up for the crossover will be basically centered on Scooter using a device created by Jimmy Neutron (who will be working for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the story) that enables a certain date in history to be merged with the present, hoping it will help him prevent the accident that was caused to his heart. However, in what will be sort of like a "plot twist" with Jon Favreau's version of the film, Scooter learns a surprising truth about not only Tony Stark, but a soldier who once went under the nickname "Iron Grosse" (which will be the title of this crossover).

The roles that characters out of American Dragon, Xiaolin Showdown, and Jackie Chan Adventures will play in the story will connect to plot set up by the film involving The Mandarin.

More info will come for the sequel to the Muppets/Hulk crossover, once I've found the right additional franchises for the story. However, expect the possibility that there might not be any, because I'm aiming for one of my future "MARVELOUS" stories to not include any additional franchises.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is okay... No worries. I'll just go about working on my fiends one by one. There's a bit of crossover I can divulge at this moment. Oogie Boogie will be one of the master monster US state representatives, and there will be a Muppet version of Emily the Corpse Bride as portrayed by Nora Branden from Erin's A Little Knight Music posted here.

You know, the Hulk seems like a perfect opportunity to bring in Ben Ten again. Either that or Codename: Kids Next Door. Eh, I'm just throwing franchises out to see what sticks, but it's your call in the end.
Talk to you soon buddy.