What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
You know, the Hulk seems like a perfect opportunity to bring in Ben Ten again. Either that or Codename: Kids Next Door. Eh, I'm just throwing franchises out to see what sticks, but it's your call in the end.
You know, I'd completely forgotten my idea to have Ben 10 on board for this crossover. I owe you thanks yet again, Count.:big_grin:

I would put the KND in it as well, but I've seen a bit of a parody of theirs on the Hulk in the episode when Nigel (a.k.a. Numbah One) ended up in the future and became an adult (meeting his former KND colleagues as adults as well). It was kind of silly, even though I was entertained by it.

But seeing as how S.H.I.E.L.D. will be involved in both the Muppets/Iron Man crossover and the second Hulk/Muppets one, it would seem interesting to see how the kids function with such strict adults.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Cause I didn't see it as a parody, more of a harbinger of a new season with a new threat as it was some adult faction who had implanted the dream scenario in Nigel's mind, plotting for future plans involving him as the adult's guinea pig.
Another possibility that seems like a good fit with the milliteristic elements of either Iron Man or The Hulk, since the latter is the one you need some possible franchises if they're to be added, would be Code Lyoco. That's a good show and I've kept up with it so if you need help with that one, LMK.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hmmm....not very familiar with Code Lyoco. Only seen the promos off of Cartoon Network and maybe the last ten minutes of an episode before watching Foster's, but never really understood the main plot.

I could use Jimmy Neutron for the second Muppets/Hulk crossover (if you've seen the "N-Men" episode, you'll see why). That'd leave me with the two additional franchises for the story (maybe three, if I decided to include KND).

Another franchise that I'm thinking of including for both stories next year is Power Rangers. My plan is to use two different incarnations for each story. I'm still deciding on which ones to use, but when I do, I'll let everyone know.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope... Don't watch Jimmy Neutron. If you want to learn about Code Lyoco, LMK and I can school you since apparently, from what it says at the Power Rangers Wiki, there's a root of origin for the two in the original Japanese continuity.

As for Power Rangers themselves... Got everything for the first five seasons (Mighty Morphin' to Turbo) and the last five (Ninja Storm to Operation Overdrive). Gotten pieces of Light Speed Rescue and Wild Force that connect, but I'm waiting for Power Rangers Generations at 11 PM to get to Season/Series 6, Power Rangers in Space to start watching everything and get it all sorted out. Don't trust the PRG airing on weekday mornings any more, they've crossed me too many times, the last straw came earlier this summer.

Hope to read more from your great and marvelous tales.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
A lot these action-packed kids programs seem to have a lot in common with Power Rangers, so I wouldn't be too surprise if there's a similiarity with Code Lyoco. With that marathon coming on Jetix this Fourth of July, I'll have a marvelous opportunity at getting some episodes of S.P.D. and Dino Thunder on VHS.:smile:

Speaking of the two incarnations, they'll be the ones that I'll use for the second Hulk/Muppets crossover, along with the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series.

Meanwhile, for the Iron Man/Muppets crossover (which I'm changing the title to "Iron Gofer", mostly because "Iron Grosse" sounds a little odd, even for a Muppet story), I'll be using Power Rangers: Mystic Force and Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive for the story, with cameo apperances by the characters from Power Rangers: S.P.D.

What the Rangers from the four incarnations do in the stories will differ from the plotline of both stories. One thing that they will have in common with the two is that S.H.I.E.L.D. will play a factor in their reason for being involved.

The roles that the Rangers in "Iron Gofer" will play in the tale will again be from the plot involving The Mandarin, but in completely different ways. The Rangers from Operation Overdrive will be recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D., whereas the ones out of Mystic Force will be involuntarily brought into the matter.

In more news, the title of the second Hulk/Muppets crossover will be "Seein' Green" (an obvious reference to "Bein' Green"), and this story will bring back the Rangers from the old-school series and team them up with the ones from Dino Thunder and S.P.D. Their involvement will be solely connected to the threat of both "The New Abomination" (Scooter was the original one) and the Hulk himself.

That's all for now.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... If you need help with all these Ranger versions, LMK and I can help out.

Always been thinking of what Zordon told Jason, Trini and Zack when they left, that they would be reunited once again. Had a dream a few nights back, and I'd kind of like to see a mass team-up between all the versions of the Rangers. Even thought of a scenario where the master villains would be gathered and given zords of their own to form sinister alliances, sort of a truly evil version of the Rangers. It'll be tricky as to how the original team will feel about Tommy being the Black Dino-Thunder Ranger though.

BTW: What relic did the Operation Overdrive unearth with their two mythic weapons?
Oh, and I wanna talk to you about Alissa, gotta get to some other stuff first though.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll let you know.:smile:

A mass team-up between all the versions sounds like it'd be the most watched program on any children's network, especially Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. And though it might be tricky, I think it'll be interesting seeing how Tommy's old team members, including Zack and Adam, would react to him being a Black Dino-Thunder ranger.

I don't know exactly what it was that they'd unearthed in tonight's episode, but it looked like a dart board with tassels hanging on the sides of it. Maybe they'll give a name for it on next week's show.

And just P.M. or email me whenever you're ready to talk about Alissa. I'm sure she'll be happy to be involved with what you're planning.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Sean... Thought you might want to know. The next Cartoon Network TV movie/special based on their regular programming series will be... The Omnitrix, starring the cast of Ben-Ten, which'll premiere next month in August.
Hope this helps and post more story when you can.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
There'll be another chapter coming very soon (possibly later this evening or tomorrow morning) for the Fantastic Four/Muppets Tonight/Farscape/Dark Crystal crossover, "The Silver Crystal".

But I want to take this time to share with you all a new idea I have that maybe all of us Muppet fans can benefit from.:smile:

As you all know by now from reading stories out of "The MARVELOUS Muppets" and "Sesame, DC", I write a lot of crossovers. I'm what you might call a "crossover addict". And this summer, I had planned to write at least about five different stories (two of which were being written for other message boards), all of which were crossing over some of my favorite shows with movies that came to theaters this summer (from Spider-Man 3 to Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End). However, one of those stories has been discontinued--a crossover between Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and the recently released live-action update to Transformers.

The reason I had discontinued that story was to save it for this forum, and instead of using Foster's, I'll use--of course--the Muppets.

Which leads me to the big announcement....

I'm going to start a new fanfic series for any of us Muppet fans that would like to write a story that features a crossover with the Muppets that's never-before-imagined by anyone or inspired by an episode of Muppet Babies (i.e. "MARVELOUS" and "Sesame, DC"). Your stories can either feature just the Muppets and the franchise you're crossing them over with, or you can go the distance and do what I've been doing for my two fanfic series and feature the Muppets, the secondary franchise, and other additional franchises.

My inspiration for this idea comes from the one "Sadie Story" that ReneeLouvier wrote a while back that included a crossover between the Muppets and Back To The Future characters. While reading that story, I thought in my mind, "I've always imagined what it would be like if these characters had interacted with each other." It was such a marvelous idea, and it was even more awesome to see it all being written and posted by a fellow member.:smile:

So if your crossover idea ranges from one between the Muppets and Harry Potter or Sesame Street and Indiana Jones, send me a PM about it and I'll start a thread with the title of the fanfic series ("Stranger Than Muppet Fan Fiction") attached to the title of your crossover story, introducing the synopsis of it in a sort of Rod Sterling way (for dramatic impact), and then you can take over as the author and start your marvelous tale.

I know some of you have some interesting ideas out there, so don't hesitate to share it with everyone here on Muppet Central.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
In more news regarding my new "Stranger Than Muppet Fan Fiction" series, I meant to include in my announcement that I'll be taking part in it all as well, bringing some more wild ideas of my own for everyone to check out.

I'll be putting my Transformers/Muppets crossover into the series, and I suppose I can bring my original plans for when it was a Foster's fanfic into the mix. These plans included having not just the Foster's cast in the story, but characters from Class of 3000, Dexter's Laboratory, Codename: Kids Next Door, Jimmy Neutron, and Fairly Oddparents also.

I might change a few things in my plans, like taking out Oddparents and Dexter's from the additional franchise lineup and replacing them with perhaps characters from a show on the Nicktoons Channel that I've been growing fond of called Kappa Mikey. For anyone that isn't familiar with that one, here's a synopsis of it:

The series centers around Mikey Simon, a teenage actor from Cleveland, Ohio, who embarks to Japan after winning a scratch-off card contest to star in the country's formerly popular anime series, LilyMu, and in doing this, rockets the show back to the top of the ratings, and becomes Japan's biggest anime star. Segments of LilyMu are seen at the beginning and end of each episode, but the show focuses primarily on the actors' and producers' lives off-set and Mikey's adjustments to the new world he has entered (similar in concept to The Famous Jett Jackson). The humor comes from the fact that because Mikey is an American, he actually stands out visually from the other cast members. While most characters on the show are drawn in an anime-inspired style (thin outlines, big, detailed eyes, small mouths, and all ten fingers), Mikey (and all other American characters) is drawn in a retro-inspired American cartoon manner (thicker outlines, single black dot pupil eyes, a larger mouth, and only eight fingers.

Each episode starts with the cast filming a LilyMu segment, but the take is ruined, (with the exception of the Christmas special) sometimes revealing the conflict that they deal with through the rest of the episode, with a minor subplot running beneath the main plot. After the problem is resolved, the LilyMu segment will be shot again and successfully completed the second time, often changed to incorporate whatever lesson was learned during the main story.

The show has a large comedic overuse of face faults, such as a character's face and/or body turning into an exaggerated general appearance, or becoming much smaller. The show uses clichés common to anime, including the sweat drop, lines over the eyes or no eyes at all, big heads, flaming eyes, bodies becoming smaller (or super deformed). Sometimes Mikey will try to do these things, which are one of the show's running gags, but cannot, due to being drawn in an American style. The show is fast-paced, irreverent, and contains a fair amount of gross-out humor, which are signature elements of Western children's entertainment.

Here's a link to show where you can get more info on it:
http://www.kappamikey.com/

With K.M. in the story, I plan on going for a sort of Three Amigos-type of storyline, where the actors are confused for real heroes. This is a theme that I plan to use for other "Stranger" tales that'll have the show's characters in.

I'll have more info on all of this later, sharing more story ideas that I have for the series.