What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... What with the recent influence after watching Order of the Phoenix, and Deathly Hallows being released next week... Some initial ideas of something combining the Muppets, Batman, Harry Potter and maybe a sprinkling of Pokemon are forming in my mind. Maybe something to toy with later on down the road.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Now that sounds like one interesting crossover, Count.:smile: Ideas like that without a doubt work for a fanfic series like "Stranger Than Muppet Fan Fiction."

I'm just starting to figure out how to save my private messages while clearing out my inbox, so if Count or anyone else want to talk about their ideas or have me start a thread for them, PM me and we can see what we can work with.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Just a few minor updates for today.:smile:

I've picked out a title for the Sesame Street/Dark Knight crossover. I'm calling it "Nights of the Knights". A confusing title nonetheless, but--in my opinion--very marvelous.

Also...my Transformers/Muppets crossover story will be titled "Transformation Complication", the original title for when it was a Foster's/Transformers crossover. I plan on working this story simultaneously with "Rider's Delight" (the Storyteller/Labyrinth/Ghost Rider tale) once I'm finished with the two that I'm currently writing.

And finally...after hearing so many rumors about the new Watchmen flick, I'm curious to know how I would go about writing a crossover for "Sesame, DC". I have thought about setting it in a parellel universe (a recurring theme that I plan to use for the series, especially with a V for Vendetta crossover). But whether or not I'll use additional franchises for it will be the big question. I'll just wait and see as production for the movie progresses.

That's all I have for now.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Nights of the Knights, color me intrigued. Looking forwrd to it, along with Silver Crystal and Spidey/Muppets 3 updates. BTW: You want I should start you a thread for Legends? You could always post it in the Muppets of the Caribbean thred started a long time ago or we can talk about that elsewhere.

An update of my own... The title would be Harry Potter and the 13th Muppet. Plotpoints include Voldemort learning of the existance of Batman, wanting to meet with Ra'z Al Ghul and formulate the creation of the Lazarus Pit since we neversaw that in the movie, and a final confrontation styled after GOF where a few special Muppet ghostly cameos seen in other stories here would appear once again. It still needs some substance, just a few little things floating around in my mind.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'll think about it. Right now I'm focusing more on my "MARVELOUS" series, but I'll let you know what I'll decide after I'm finished with "The Silver Crystal" and "The Spectacular".:smile:

"Harry Potter and the 13th Muppet" sounds like an awesome title for a marvelous crossover. Your plot sounds just as good, too. My knowledge of the H.P. series is very limited, but from what you're coming up for your story, I can tell it'll be an excellent read for fans and non-fans alike.

Keep updating us on your idea when you have more thought up, buddy.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sean. You know, you once described yourself in the original Spidey/Muppets crossover as looking like Malcolm Jamal-Warner. Well, thinking about it, based on the info you gave me about Alissa, she reminds me very much of what I remember of Jasmine Guy from A Different World.

Also, thought you'd be interested in an update for that crossover I was toying with.
First up, I'm renaming it Harry Potter and the 1 Knight's Stand, as it might be better to start with a "1" title should it develop into serial mode.
Secondly, and this'll take a bit of setup... What I want to do is fill the Count's Counting Castle with all manner of spooks and creatures, hopefully up to a full thousand. Was inspired to that goal by my interest in the Haunted Mansion's original lore. Well, another Disney attraction that's influenced my creations are the Disney USA pins, which feature a different Disney character for each state like Ariel for Rhode Island or the Cheshire Cat for Indiana. So I set about creating the lineup for a monstrified USA, mostly master monsters like the Frankenstein Monster, the Werewolf, the Mummy, Quasimodo and so on but based on Muppet characters given my Muppet figure collection helps me imagine them as such. One of these is the Creature from the Black Lagoon based on Kermit, representing the state of Hawaii.

So what does this have to do with the potential story? Well, I'm going to add a character named Billy the Lizard, a blueish female lizard humanoid that's sort of based on Bill the Lizard from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the allure of Mystique from X-Men. She will end up being the Black Lagoon Creature's love interest, I even have this musical number based on the song "He's ALizard" from the Dinosaurs album Big Songs for her, featuring slightly modified lyrics.
The real update is... There's this scene worked out in my mind affecting an additional franchise character. You know that though TMNT isn't in my faves, I do like the character of April O'Neil and have her as a respected animated hottie. Well, the scene is basically a fight between Harry and Voldemort, but the blast from their wands catch April by mistake. The end result is that April's turned into a chameleon-esque humanoid character, able to morph between lizard-based being and her normal human self with a slight skin of scales. In her chameleon form, she seeks solace in the arms of the Black Lagoon Creature (cause after all, he is Kermit in a way, former colleagues in the TV news reporting business), which makes Billy somewhat jealous.

Will keep you informed if I keep getting things in line for this tale. Maybe spots for you and/or Alissa but can't guarantee that at this moment.
Take care and hope to read more from your end of the world.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hi Sean. You know, you once described yourself in the original Spidey/Muppets crossover as looking like Malcolm Jamal-Warner. Well, thinking about it, based on the info you gave me about Alissa, she reminds me very much of what I remember of Jasmine Guy from A Different World.
Haha! Really? Now that you mention it, Alissa does kind of look a little like her back before she got really old. To be honest, lately I've been reminded of Alissa ever time I see Claudia Black (a.k.a. Aeryn Sun from Farscape) and Madison Rocca the Blue Ranger from Power Rangers: Mystic Force.:smile:

Also, thought you'd be interested in an update for that crossover I was toying with.
First up, I'm renaming it Harry Potter and the 1 Knight's Stand, as it might be better to start with a "1" title should it develop into serial mode.
Secondly, and this'll take a bit of setup... What I want to do is fill the Count's Counting Castle with all manner of spooks and creatures, hopefully up to a full thousand. Was inspired to that goal by my interest in the Haunted Mansion's original lore. Well, another Disney attraction that's influenced my creations are the Disney USA pins, which feature a different Disney character for each state like Ariel for Rhode Island or the Cheshire Cat for Indiana. So I set about creating the lineup for a monstrified USA, mostly master monsters like the Frankenstein Monster, the Werewolf, the Mummy, Quasimodo and so on but based on Muppet characters given my Muppet figure collection helps me imagine them as such. One of these is the Creature from the Black Lagoon based on Kermit, representing the state of Hawaii.

So what does this have to do with the potential story? Well, I'm going to add a character named Billy the Lizard, a blueish female lizard humanoid that's sort of based on Bill the Lizard from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the allure of Mystique from X-Men. She will end up being the Black Lagoon Creature's love interest, I even have this musical number based on the song "He's ALizard" from the Dinosaurs album Big Songs for her, featuring slightly modified lyrics.
The real update is... There's this scene worked out in my mind affecting an additional franchise character. You know that though TMNT isn't in my faves, I do like the character of April O'Neil and have her as a respected animated hottie. Well, the scene is basically a fight between Harry and Voldemort, but the blast from their wands catch April by mistake. The end result is that April's turned into a chameleon-esque humanoid character, able to morph between lizard-based being and her normal human self with a slight skin of scales. In her chameleon form, she seeks solace in the arms of the Black Lagoon Creature (cause after all, he is Kermit in a way, former colleagues in the TV news reporting business), which makes Billy somewhat jealous.
That sounds like awesome planning, buddy! I'm looking forward to checking this story out.:wink:

BTW, your idea for April O'Neil turning into a chameleon-like character reminds me of this one episode of the 80s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, where this mad scientist transforms her into a half fish/half human creature in order to repopulate New York City into people of the same type before sinking the city itself underwater. Thinking about this episode gives me a good idea of where you're going with the idea.

Hope to hear more updates on it soon.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Another update for the day....

It seems like next year might turn out to be one that'll be busier than this year for me. What I mean by this is that a new director has been announced for the upcoming Wolverine movie, and it's being said that they'll start production on it this November for a 2008 release.

If that's the case, then next year will bring....

A Sesame Street/Dark Knight "Sesame, DC" Crossover
A Muppets/Iron Man "MARVELOUS Muppets" Crossover
A Muppets/Incredible Hulk "MARVELOUS Muppets" Crossover
A Sesame Street/Watchmen "Sesame, DC: Parallel Universe" Crossover

and...
A Fraggle Rock/Wolverine "MARVELOUS Muppets" Crossover

That's about five stories in all!

Even though I love a good challenge, I have to confess that's way too many stories for me to keep up with. So if push comes to shove, and there really will be releases for Watchmen and Wolverine, I'll just wait 'til maybe 2009 to write crossovers for those tales.

In the meantime, I have two in the works right now, and two coming in the Fall season. My life is becoming more marvelous than expected.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Would like to know more of this half-fishan mutation of April you speak of. Would probably help visualize my own chameleon, though it's there in my mind already.

Also, sent you a PM asking for some help. But besides that, if you could send me a second PM with what you have planned for yourself, Alissa, and me in Spidey/Muppets 3, that'd help as the wheels for 1 Knight's Stand are starting to roll along.

Thanks, hope to talk to you soon pal.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here's a description of the episode (which was called "Rebel Without A Fin"):

Another mad scientist, Dr. Polidorius, creates a half-man half-fish named Ray. The Doctor has Ray plant explosives in certain parts of the sewer so that he can sink the city beneath the ocean. Ray is just one of the first fish-men that Polidorius plans on creating for his underwater city.

April, who is covering another Donald J. Lofty building opening, thinks that she sees one of the Turtles peeking out of a sewer drain and goes down to see them. When she gets another look at the person there, she realizes that it's not the Turtles. While following it, she radios the TMNT to tell them what she saw. While April is talking to them, Ray captures her and brings her to the Doctor's lab. The Turtles rush to her aid when they realize she is in danger. By the time that they get to where she is supposed to be, April is gone. While searching for her, the Turtles meet Ray. A battle ensues, but Ray's arsenal of eel electricty and scorpion fish quills defeats our heroes.

The Turtles finally find April in the Doctor's lab, but they end up getting captured and are unable to stop the Doc from turning her into a walking fish. The TMNT find out about the Doctor's plans for his underwater city. The lads manage to escape from their trap, but Dr. Polidorius gets away. The TMNT rush to disarm all the bombs, but they run out of time and one goes off. The explosive that they miss is under the Lofty condos. The Turtles track down Polidorius with the help of April's fish powers and make him change her back to a human again. Ray escapes into the sea before anybody can catch him and the Lofty condos are turned into an aquarium and underwater restaurant.

There's a vid posted on YouTube of the last act of the episode, where April looked like a green, scaly, humanoid fish with the same yellow jumpsuit and auburn hair. At one point in the episode, she considered calling herself "Tina Tuna". LoL!

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XdVRMmCSI