What was the last DVD you bought and why?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Been a while, so here we go:

Igor - Because I've been interested in seeing it and it was on deep discount ($5).

James and the Giant Peach - Because I like it.

Sword in the Stone: 45th Anniversary Edition - It used to be my favorite Disney movie when I was a little kid and it's still in my top 10.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - See 'James and the Giant Peach' and add on a commentary.

Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol - Almost as much for the 2010 At the Proms special as for the episode itself, plus I'm a weak nerd.

Doctor Who: The TV Movie - Because, even for all the faults it has due to too many cooks at the soup pot, I love it!

Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series - (Sensing a pattern here?) Because Best Buy finally had it marked down from $80 to $57.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol - Almost as much for the 2010 At the Proms special as for the episode itself, plus I'm a weak nerd.

Doctor Who: The TV Movie - Because, even for all the faults it has due to too many cooks at the soup pot, I love it!

Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series - (Sensing a pattern here?) Because Best Buy finally had it marked down from $80 to $57.
Doctor Who! Excellent choices. :big_grin:

Quesal

Reaction score
I got the entire series of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger because it's kid of like Power Rangers, but more for adults and because it's Samurai action, it's lots of sword fights and I love sword fights!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Just orderd The Great Muppet Capper on Amazon! I'm going to try and watch something Muppety everday untill the the new movie comes out!

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
Alpha & Omega - Really a mediocre film at best, but it has my favorite anime VA Brian Donovan in a small role. I don't think he's very well known and doesn't seem to get much work so I try support him in any role he lands, even if it's on a less than stellar project. Hey, if I can tolerate the English dub of Digimon Adventure 02 for his part as Davis, I could watch almost anything with him in it.

A Goofy Movie - Now this is a great movie! I haven't seen in a few years and thought it was too old to be in stores. At only $5, I had to grab it.

Night at the Roxbury - One of many movies I have on VHS that I'm upgrading to DVD since I don't own a VCR anymore.

I also looked for The Land Before Time, but they only had the yucky sequels.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Just orderd The Great Muppet Capper on Amazon! I'm going to try and watch something Muppety everday untill the the new movie comes out!
The Great Muppet Capper? I've never heard of that one. Are you sure you aren't being ripped off? :coy:

Sorry, spelling stickler.

Don't know how I forgot this one, but:

Muppets From Space - Mostly just for the commentary (Tim Hill is a boring commentator, but Gonzo and Rizzo were hilarious as always).

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Found and snagged a mint copy of TMS season 1 at the bookstore I used to work at...and got a discount, even. Sweet! :smile: The discs are so pristine they're crispy!

Of course, one of my friends there berated me for not holding out for the fuzzy-jacket one... hah.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Of course, one of my friends there berated me for not holding out for the fuzzy-jacket one... hah.
I don't really get what so special about the fuzzy-jackets. It's just flocking covering a rather nice close-up picture (and that mac-n-cheese orange on Fozzie's was hideous).

Bambi - Because I'm expanding my Disney collection.

Scooby-Doo: Curse of the Lake Monster - Because I liked The Mystery Begins and missed it on TV.