How Cookie Monster works?

unheard

Reaction score
does any one know what size cookie monsters eye are please and what size the black pupil are please ?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
his eyes might be about 55mm... not sure about his pupils tho :/... He doesnt like rulers anywhere near his eyes... but you'd be terrified too if you didnt have eye lids to protect your eyes :insatiable:

practicecactus

Reaction score
Is 55mm a standard size because I got a plastic ball here [I believe it was a christmas ornament once upon a time] I figured was about the same size as cookie monster's eyes, after comparing it with a video of cookie with someone, and putting my ruler on the front of it, the measurement the eye looks to be 55mm [if you close one eye], but measuring from the back of it, lined up on something flat it's 60mm. Circumference is 19cms.
After looking at this photo, that's a higher rez version of the previously posted pic further up, I was able to get the eye the same size as my 55mm ball, in photoshop, and think the black pupil is 22mm in diameter.
As it was said earlier in this thread, you can see they're tiny screws holding the pupil and the pupil itself is slightly curved.
If I could find a material similar enough to cookie monster's fur, I'd be interested in making my own as well. Looks like that bath mat type stuff judging by how it clumps together.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
thank you for your info that was a great help.

as for fur here you go.

http://distinctivefabric.com/fabric.php?product=SPRFUR1

click the blue bottom left.
This fur has sparkles in it. What you want is a 2 - 3" blur fur, without sparkles. If you boil the fur it should give you the texture of Cookie Monster. I recommend doing test boils on small pieces to gauge how long the fur needs to boil for. The sparkle fur is nice and is the right length but unfortunately I wouldn't recommend it. :insatiable:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Nice find.

That's the ticket! The royal blue one looks like the best bet. Sorry if I sounded like a arse in my last post. I am here at work and can't be on here too long. LOL Had to keep it short and sweet.

Nice find too as it is hard to find long hair nowadays. You can also get a swatch for a $1 if your a member. I gotta favs this site. Thanks