Sesame Street Fan-Fic: Street Smarts

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's all he wrote? I surely thaught there'd be more... *sniff*
Oh well, I did really love these last chapters, but I fear this time it's me who doesn't know from where came the chapter title.

More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Allow me Kate. That's a song which could be called "Lucky 13". It was sung by Jerry Nelson in the role of a cartoon animated Texan cowboy mouse riding a saddled livestock mouse. The song was about how he liked the number 13 because it, as well as the good luck charms totaling thirteen, brought him good luck. Contrary to why I like the number 13... But I digress. Hope this helps.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, thanks.
:smile:

Uh, Ryan? I see you're online now? Could we have more story please?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It Only Takes a Shove To Add Another Chapter and Make 14 Chapter Love

"Maria," Luis said groggily, nudging Maria awake. "Wake up."

Maria groaned. "Que pasa?" she muttered.

"Let’s go get some breakfast," Luis said.

Maria slouched up. "Alright." She sighed. Luis started the truck and drove out of the rest area parking lot.

Maria and Luis drove their bed slash truck to the next town, where they exited off the highway and pulled into a small diner.

Maria got out of the truck and stretched. "Ungh." She groaned. "We have got to find a hotel to stay at."

Luis got out of the truck as well, and looked around the parking lot. He stopped suddenly. "Maria, mira!" Luis pointed to a completely beat up black trashy looking car.

"Is that... no... can it really be the Sloppy Jalopy?" Maria asked.

"I’d know that rolling dump anywhere," Luis said.

"Does that mean..." Maria started.

"Oscar’s here?" Luis asked.

"There’s only one way to find out," Maria said, walking into the diner.

"Waiter! There’s a fly in my soup! I asked for two flies in my soup! Where’s the other?!"

"That’s Oscar," Maria and Luis said at the same time.

"Who said that?" Oscar the Grouch asked from a booth in the corner of the diner.

"Oscar, it’s us!" Maria said, walking over to Oscar’s table.

"You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me!" Oscar said. "I thought I got away from you people for good! Now you’ve found me!"

"Oh, Oscar, don’t act like you didn’t miss us," Maria said.

"Yeah, everyone misses everyone from Sesame Street," Luis added.

"Not me," Oscar said. "I was glad to go."

"Oscar," Maria chided. "Don’t tell me you don’t miss your trash can, and the Grouchkateers and-"

"Nope," Oscar said. "I don’t miss any of that."

"What about Slimey, Oscar?" Luis asked.

"Slimey?" Oscar asked. "Slimey’s havin’ the time of his life! He loves travelin’ free! Heh heh!" Oscar pulled his worm, Slimey out from under the table. "Isn’t that right Slimey?"

The worm squeaked gleefully. "You brought Slimey?" Maria asked.

"Of course! I brought all my pets!" Oscar said. "...Where’s Fluffy?" Oscar looked underneath the table. Slimey shrugged as only a worm can.

"Fluffy?" Luis asked.

"As in, your elephant?" Maria asked.

"Do you know any other Fluffys?" Oscar asked sarcastically. "Of course my elephant! Fluffy! Fluuuffy!" Oscar called.

Maria and Luis looked at each other. "Luis, did you bring that umbrella?"

"Why? It’s a gorgeous day outside," Luis said.

An elephant trunk popped up behind the diner counter and sprayed water in Maria’s face. "That’s why." Maria frowned.

"Heh heh heh." Oscar laughed. "Looks like Fluffy missed you, Skinny."

Maria picked up napkin off the table and wiped her face off. "Nice to know someone did," she said.

-~-~-~-~-

Hoots and The Count ducked down behind the trash cans as a truck drove by. Alex Hooper and another man stepped out of the truck. "You’re tearin’ all of this down?" the other man asked.

"Down to the ground," Alex Hooper said. "The faster, the better."

The man shrugged. "As long as you’re payin’," the man said.

"Yes, Chris, I’m paying, now, go!" Alex shouted.

The man climbed up in the bulldozer and started the ignition. "Now’s our chance," The Count whispered.

"Right on." Hoots nodded. He flew up towards the bulldozer, his sax dangling around his neck. He perched himself, and blew loudly into his saxophone.

"Gah!" Chris the bulldozer driver shouted. "What is this?!"

"This, my friend," The Count said, popping up as well. "Is Sesame Street! One! One place you vill not be tearing down! Ah ah ah!" Thunder and lighting filled the sky, as per usual, causing Chris the bulldozer driver to jump.

Alex Hooper rolled his eyes. "Two of you? My my, what a resistance."

"Viva la Twiddlebug Town!"

Alex Hooper looked all around, he, and the bulldozer were surrounded by tiny multi-colored bugs.

"This is nuts!" Chris the bulldozer driver cried. "What kinda place is this?"

Hoots looked to The Count, The Count shrugged, and began to commence. "One! One Twiddlebug! Two! Two Twiddlebugs!"

"I’m gettin’ outta here!" Chris the bulldozer driver shouted, jumping off the bulldozer.

Hoots chuckled as he watched the driver run off. "Alright, Count baby, what do we do now?" Hoots asked.

"Nothing!" Alex Hooper shouted.

The Twiddlebugs stopped swarming, and The Count and Hoots froze. "This street is mine." Alex Hooper hissed.

"Not for long!" said Thomas Twiddlebug, who flew up close to Alex Hooper’s face. "We’re taking it back!" said the squeaky voice.

"That’s right!" Hoots said. "You’re outnumbered."

"Indeed you are," The Count said. "I have counted your opposition."

"Please," Alex Hooper said. "An owl, a purple vampire, and a bunch of bugs? You’re nothing compared to my bulldozer."

"Ah, but that is one! One bulldozer you do not know how to operate on your own, ah ah ah!" The Count said.

"A minor set back," Alex Hooper said. "I’ll just call another driver."

"And vhat exactly vill your new driver be driving?" The Count asked.

Hoots chuckled as Alex Hooper watched the Twiddlebugs fly away with the last piece of his dismembered bulldozer. "Looks like you’re up the creek my man," Hoots said.

Alex Hooper growled. "You’ve messed with the wrong business tycoon."

"Looks to me like you’ve messed with the wrong owl, buncha bugs, and purple vampire!" Hoots said.

"So it seems," Alex Hooper said darkly. He climbed back in his truck. "I’ll be back," he said. The truck drove away.

Hoots, The Count, and the Twiddlebugs celebrated. "Yeah!" Hoots said. "We did it!"

"And we’ll be ready for him, whenever he comes back!" declared Thomas Twiddlebug.

"And who are you?" Hoots asked.

"I’m General Thomas Twiddlebug."

"Generally what?" Hoots asked.

"Ah, that’s one! One bad joke! Ah ah ah!"

"Well, what’re we gonna do about that human when he comes back?" asked Thomas Twiddlebug.

Hoots looked at The Count, who stroked his beard. "Vell, perhaps ve should rally the troops, so to speak," The Count said.

"You mean go find everybody who left?" Hoots asked.

"Exactly," The Count said.

"Well, I can fly," Hoots said. "But, uh, do we know where everybody went?"

"That vould be one, one problem," The Count said. "Hmm, but I am sure ve can find them!"

"How’s that?" Hoots asked.

"We shall use the Internet!" The Count declared.

Hoots blinked, then shrugged. "Guess we could teach these people something," he said. Hoots laughed. "Alright Count baby, let’s go."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! Greatness! Post more! Love it, live it, laugh it... Again, post more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea!!! They're going to go find everyone and bring them back!!! Go Hoots and the Count! Woo-hoo!!! Funny stuff with Maria, Luis and Oscar too. I love that he brought Slimey and Fluffy with him!

ISNorden

Reaction score
YAY for prawncracker, the Count, Hoots, and the Twiddlebugs...*BIG HUGS all round!*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
How Hard it is to be Chapter 15

"Gordon!"

"Olivia!"

The two siblings rushed to hug each other. "Took you long enough," Olivia said.

"Sorry, Cookie Monster needed to stop a lot," Gordon said.

"Me may eat like monster," Cookie Monster said. "But me have bladder like teeny weeny butterfly."

The three humans laughed. "Oh, Cookie Monster, c’mon into the kitchen, I think I’ve got some cookies for you."

"Oh boy!" Cookie Monster shouted. "She really know how to make a happy monster."

"She hasn’t been gone from Sesame Street that long, Cookie," Susan said, following everyone into the kitchen.

Olivia set out a plate of cookies and poured everyone a glass of milk. Susan, Gordon, and Cookie sat around Olivia’s kitchen table. "Thanks again for having us, sis," Gordon said.

"Oh, don’t even mention it," Olivia said. "I won’t have my brother living in some hotel."

"Thank you, Olivia," Susan said.

"Yeah," Cookie Monster said. "These cookies are tasty," Cookie Monster said between mouth fulls of cookies.

"Thanks for saving us some," Gordon said.

Cookie Monster let out a small belch. "‘Scuse me."

"So," Olivia said. "Tell me what happened. Why did you have to leave Sesame Street?" she asked.

"Long story short, we didn’t know there was a deed, and well, there was," Susan said.

"It not look tasty, either," Cookie Monster said, licking his fingers.

Gordon smirked. "I’m sure if it did, there wouldn’t be a will. You would’ve gotten to it first, Cookie."

"This true," Cookie said.

Olivia turned to Gordon. "Where’s Miles?" she asked.

Gordon looked to Susan. "He’s with Gabi," Susan said.

"Oh," Olivia said. "So he went with Maria and Luis?"

Gordon shook his head. "No, he went with Gabi."

Olivia looked puzzled. "He went where with Gabi?" she asked.

"To make lovey dovey face," Cookie Monster said.

"...Oh," Olivia said.

"Olivia starts with O, you know," Cookie Monster said matter-of-factly.
"Yes, I’m well aware of that." Olivia smiled.

"Miles wanted to go with Gabi, and Gabi wanted to go with Miles," Susan said. "We didn’t think we should separate them."

Olivia nodded. "I understand. It just doesn’t seem like he should be old enough to do things like that."

Gordon smiled. "It seems like just yesterday we were cradling him in our arms."

"Or singing him to sleep," Susan added.

"Or feeding him baby cookies!" Cookie Monster declared.

"But sometimes it’s just time to let go." Susan sighed.

Olivia put a hand on her sister in-law’s shoulder. "And you did it at the right time."

Susan nodded. "I sure hope so."

"I know so," Olivia said.

"Me too," Gordon said.

"Me need more cookies."

Everyone laughed, and everyone ate more cookies.

-~-~-~-~-

Ashley picked up the dishes off the table and began to walk to the kitchen. Bert shot up out of his seat. "Oh, please, allow me," Bert said, taking the dishes from Ashley. "Go on, sit down, I’ll take care of these."

Ashley blushed and sat back down next to Ernie at the small round table. "So, Ernie, where are you and Bert from?" Ashley asked.

"Sesame Street," Ernie said. "It’s this great place with kids, and birds, and monsters, and Grouches, and cows, and Honkers, and everything!"

Ashley blinked. "Wow, sounds like an exciting place."

"Oh, it is!" Ernie said. "There’s never a dull moment, that’s for sure. Well, unless Bert’s around." Ernie laughed.

Ashley giggled. "Aw, Bert doesn’t seem that boring."

"Oh, he isn’t," Ernie said. "Once you get to talking to him about pigeons and paperclips, he’s really the life of the party."

Ashley giggled again. "And what do you like to talk about, Ernie?"

"Well, I like balloons," Ernie said. "And ice cream, and jelly beans, and my Rubber Duckie!"

"Rubber Duckie?" Ashley asked.

Ernie gasped. "Oh dear, he’s still in my suitcase!" Ernie darted away from the table. "Be right back, Ashley!"

Ashley shook her head. "What a pair I’ve got on my hands..."

Bert came back into the dining room, drying his hands on a towel, and sat down. "So, Ashley, tell me about yourself. Do you like pigeons?"

Ashley blinked. "Well, no, not really. But I-"

"Oh, well how about paperclips?" Bert asked.

"No, but-"

"The letter W?"

"Bert, please," Ashley said. "I like to write."

"Oh?" Bert asked. "Do you like to write W words?"

Ashley smiled. "Sometimes. But I write articles for a newspaper."

"Ohhh," Bert said. "Articles about paperclips and pigeons?"

Ashley shook her head. "You never give up, do you?"

"Nope," Bert said. "I learned that on Sesame Street."

"That place sounds really, really great. I think I’m going to talk to my boss about doing a story about Sesame Street," Ashley said.

"Really?" Bert asked. "Oh, that would be great! Maybe if we got some community interest, we could save Sesame Street from being torn down!"

"What’s that?" Ernie asked, coming back into the room holding Rubber Duckie.

"Ernie," Bert said. "Ashley is going to try and do a newspaper article about Sesame Street, and try and save it!"

"Wow!" Ernie said. Ashley was blushing. "Oh, that’s great, Ashley!"

"Aw, you guys..." Ashley said.

"Rubber Duckie thanks you too!" Ernie said, squeaking Rubber Duckie.

Ashley laughed. "That’s good to know. And it’s nice to meet you Rubber Duckie."

Rubber Duckie squeaked again. "Rubber Duckie says ‘nice to meet you too’."

-~-~-~-~-

"Yes, I’ll have the grilled cheese, please," Telly said to the waiter. "And can you cut it into triangles?"

"That’s the only way it comes, sir," said the waiter, with a snooty butler-esque accent.

"Oh, well then thanks." Telly handed the menu to the waiter. The waiter walked away and Telly turned to Bob. "Fancy place, eh?" Telly said. "Most places you have to ask for the grilled cheese in triangles."

‘What did you order, Bob?’ Linda signed.

"Oh," Bob said. ‘The soup and salad.’ Bob signed in reply.

"What did you order?" Jordan asked, signing as well to Linda.

"I think she ordered some finger food," Telly said. "Get it? Because she’s so good with her hands!" Telly laughed.

Bob glared at Jordan as he conversed with Linda in sign language.

"Guess it wasn’t that funny," Telly said.

"No, no, Telly," Bob said. "It was just fine."

"Oh, thanks Bob," Telly said. "Are... are you just fine?"

Bob sighed. "Yes, I’m fine."

"Oh, good, because if you weren’t I’d be worried," Telly said.

"You’d be worried anyway," Bob said gently.

"Good point."