Sesame Street Fan-Fic: Street Smarts

Katzi428

Reaction score
Still great Ry!Keep at it!
(I liked Cookie's remark about him having a "teenie weenie bladder!):smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Looks like those songs I gave you have served you well young Prawddouan.

Think there was a bit of a glitch when Cookie was talking upon arriving at Olivia's: "she sure know how to make a happy monster", shouldn't that be "she sure know how to make a monster happy" instead?
And the chapter ended a bit abruptly... Would've liked to see the dinner between Bob and Telly and Linda and Jordan go on a bit longer.
But I'm excited about Ashley's contributions... Hopefully she can help the cause with a well-written article that'll get her national coverage in all the news outlets.

So in conclusion... More please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Cuddles Prawnie>

It get aw' bedder, wight? Because "Bye-bye-for-who-knows-how-long" no fun. Me know. Me spend whole weekend saying "Bye-bye-for-who-knows-how-long." Me no see good friends for long time now. Me no like this "growing up" stuff.

Anyway. AWESOME chapters, Prawnie! And major <HUGS> to you, because... Because I just needed to read these. I just needed to. And now I did! And... And yayful. <HUGS> Love you, Half.

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Animal walks in: Lisa go bye-bye?
Where you go? And why you talking like monster?
*Gives Lisa a big monster hug.

Now... Could you please, maybe, um how do I say this... Post more story Lisa?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
LOVE this chapter! I love the stuff with Cookie Monster, but he's my favorite, so I'm biased. I like Ashley, I hope she can write a good article! I must know what will happen next!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Awwww, prawncracker...I loved this chapter, especially when Bert was asking Ashley all those questions. (Including Bert's favorite number would've been tricky, I admit..."Is your article on page 6 of the paper?" maybe.) Looking forward to an update, 'cause I got the Chapter 16 blues... ;-)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Could we please get some update to this thrilling story? Please? Thank you.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I’ve Got the Chapter Sixteen Blues

"Now, do you understand your duties?" asked the snootish man.

"Oh, yes, yes sir, I understand them fully!" Grover said, nodding his head quickly.

"Good, then take to your work," the snooty man said. "There are many hungry customers."

Grover nodded again. "Yes sir! I will take care of it, sir!"

Grover balanced his tray on his hand and a napkin on his arm, and ran out of the kitchen into the fancy restaurant.

"Boy, this is a lot nicer than Charlie’s," Grover said to himself. "They even have folded napkins!"

Grover saw one of the hostesses sit down an elderly couple and darted over. "Your waiter will be with you in a-"

"Hello there! It is I, Grover, your cute, furry, blue waiter here to take your order sir and madame!" Grover stood up straight. Grover looked from the man to the woman. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Yes, I’ll have your finest Chardonnay," said the man.

"The same," replied the old woman.

"I am sorry, what is it you want?" Grover asked.

"The Chardonnay," the man reiterated.

"I do not know if we have that, sir," Grover said.

"We have eaten here every Sunday night for the past- what is it, Herman?" the woman asked.

"Thirty-eight years," said the man; apparently Herman.

"Oh, well that is quite a feat, but-" Grover started.

"Yes, and each Sunday night, we each have a glass of the finest Chardonnay," the woman continued.

"Oh, I am sure that is-"

"And we’re not going to have things changed tonight, of all nights," the man said.

"Oh, okay, yes sir, yes ma’am, I will go check in the kitchen. Be right back!" Grover shouted as he ran off.

He ran back into the kitchen, almost colliding into his boss. "What is the problem?" he asked, annoyed.

"Um, do we have any chars don’t pay?" Grover asked.

"Pardon?" the snooty boss said.

"Chars don’t pay," Grover repeated. "An old man and woman asked for two of our finest chars don’t pay."

The snooty man shook his head. "Chardonnay," the boss said.

"Oh," Grover said. "Um, what is that?"

The man sighed. "Ryan, take two glasses of Chardonnay to the Sinclairs at their usual table."

A teenage waiter came up and grabbed a bottle of wine from a shelf and two wine glasses, walking out of the kitchen.

Grover turned back to his boss. "Um, should I get back to the table?" he asked.

"No, no," his boss said. "Take a different table. Please."

"Yes sir!" Grover said, running back out. He looked around, and saw a familiar bald blue head sitting at a table across the room.

"Finally," said the blue man. "A nice, quiet dinner to myself. With no worries, no cares, and best of all no-"

"Oh! Sir! Hello there!" Grover shouted.

The blue man stared at Grover in disbelief. "Oh no..." he groaned. "Not you again!"

"Yes, me, again!" Grover smiled.

The blue man slammed his head on the table and began to wail. "Why? Why me? Why always me?" he moaned.

"I do not know. You are just lucky I suppose," Grover said. "Now, will you have the pot roast or the ham?"

"Neither!" declared the customer.

"Oh? Then you will just go straight to desert?" Grover asked.

"No!" the customer shouted. "I’ll just go home!"

"Say again?" Grover said.

"I’m going home," the customer said, throwing his napkin on the table in frustration.

"Oh, no no! Please mister blue man, do not go!" Grover tugged at the customer’s arm.

The customer tugged back. "Now, let me go, I’m not sticking around here just to have you mess up my order."

"Oh, sir, I am so sorry!" Grover said. "I will not mess up your order, I promise!"
"Let me go!" the customer shouted.

"Oh, please sir! I need you to stay! I need this job!" Grover whined.

"I need you to let me go!" the customer said.

"What is going on here?"

Grover released the customer, sending him flying to the floor. He turned around and was face to face with his boss. "Um, well, you see sir, I was just trying to-"

"You, are, fired!" said the snooty boss.

Grover hung his head in shame and walked out of the restaurant.

The customer watched Grover leave. "Hey... I... I didn’t mean it," he said quietly.

-~-~-~-~-

Big Bird held his Granny Bird’s hand as they walked down the sidewalk together. "Oh, Big Bird, you’re going to love this park," Granny Bird said.

"Oh, I hope so," Big Bird said. "I miss the park on Sesame Street."

Granny Bird patted her grandbird’s arm. "I know you do, Big Bird. And I’m sorry you had to leave."

Big Bird sighed. "Yeah, me too," he said.

The two birds walked in silence the remainder of the trip to the park. Granny Bird sat down on a bench. "Now, you go play with some of those children over there, Big Bird," Granny Bird said.

"Okay," Big Bird said cheerfully, walking over to the sandbox where a young boy and a young girl were constructing a sand castle. "Hi there," Big Bird greeted them.

The two kids looked up from their sand castle in awe. "Wow..." the little boy said.

"Are you from the zoo?" asked the little girl.

Big Bird laughed. "No, I’m from Sesame Street," he said.

"Wow," said the little girl, letting her lack-of permanent teeth show.

"I’m Big Bird," Big Bird said. "What’s your name?"

"...Wow..." the little boy said.

"That’s a funny name," Big Bird said.

"I’m Amanda Sue," the little girl said. "And this is Jack." She pointed to her friend.

"Oh, hi," Big Bird said with a grin. "Do you think I can play with you?"

Amanda Sue nodded, while Jack kept staring at Big Bird, wide eyed, mouth agape.

"Thanks," Big Bird said. The two kids stared up at him quietly. "Um... what- what would you like to do?" Big Bird asked.

"Whatever you wanna do," Jack said.

Big Bird scratched his head. "Well, uh, we could sing a song."

"What song could we sing?" Amanda Sue asked.

"I think I know a good one," Big Bird said. "But you guys will have to start it, okay?"

The kids nodded. "How do we start?" Jack asked.

"Well, Jack, you just sing the color of your hair, then you sing yours, Amanda Sue," Big Bird said.

"Okay," Jack said. "My hair is black-"

"-And red," Amanda Sue sang.

"My feathers are yellow," Big Bird sang.

"My eyes are brown-"

"And green-"

"And blue," Big Bird sang.

By this time a few other children had gathered to join in the song. "Okay," Big Bird said. "We’re gonna need everybody for this part!" The kids grinned, eager to join in. "Alright, Jack, you start again, sing your name!"

"My name is Jack-"

"And Fred," sang another boy.

"My name’s Amanda Sue."

"I’m called Paul-"

"-and Jude."

"My name is you," Big Bird sang. "Alright, everybody sing!"

"We all sing with the same voice
The same song, the same voice
We all sing with the same voice
And we sing in harmony."

By this time, every kid in the park was around Big Bird, each kid taking a line of the song.

"Sometimes I get mad and mean."

"Sometimes I feel happy."

"And when I want to cry I do."

"When I’m by myself at night
I hold my teddy tight," Big Bird sang, skipping around the park, all of the children skipping behind him. "Until the morning light."

"My name is you," all of the kids sang.

The kids and Big Bird skipped around the park, Amanda Sue and Jack each holding tightly onto one of Big Bird’s hands.

"I have sisters one, two, three."

"In my family, there’s just me."

"I’ve got one daddy."

"I’ve got two."

"Grandpa helps me cross the street."

"My cat walks on furry feet."

"I love my parakeet."

"My name is you."

And we sing in harmony."

"I like to run and climb."

"I like to sit and read."

"I like to watch my TV, too."

"And when it’s time for bed
I like my stories read
‘Sweet dreams’ and ‘love you’ said," Big Bird sang.

"My name is you."

-"

"And we sing in harmony!" Big Bird finished the song. The kids cheered and gathered around Big Bird. "Oh, that was fun, wasn’t it?" Big Bird asked.

"Yeah!" all of the kids declared.

Amanda Sue tugged at Big Bird’s arm. "What is it, Amanda Sue?"

"Me and Jack have to go home," she said.

"Oh..." Big Bird said softly.

"Me too."

"So do I."

"Bye, Big Bird."

"Thanks for the song!"

Big Bird looked down at his feet as all the kids left. "Bye..." he sighed.

Granny Bird came over to Big Bird’s side. "Ready to go home, Big Bird?" she asked.

Big Bird nodded. "Yeah," he said sadly. "Um, Granny?"
"Yes, Big Bird?"

"Do you think my best friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus, could come and visit us sometime?" Big Bird asked.

"Oh, Big Bird," Granny Bird said softly. "I’m afraid we just don’t have that kind of money to get your friend here."

Big Bird hung his head again. "Okay..." he said sadly, walking home silently.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH POOR GROVER! POOR BIG BIRD! AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE SONG! <GLOMP> Oh, gosh, it hurts that Snuffy can't come... And Grover getting fired! And, "I didn't mean it..."

OHHHHHHH, PRAWNIEEEEEEEEEEE!

MORE PLEASE!