Sesame Street Fan-Fic: Street Smarts

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... If only you mew Kathy. But everybody should know... And that'll only happen if Ryan updates. So I come to nag... More story please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohh, another heart wrenching moment with Grover. Sigh. Poor furry guy. Liked the stuff with Miles and Gabi and Bob and Telly. Want more. Please?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I’ll Take Eighteen Chapters To Go

The beak lightly rapped upon the window pane of the hotel room. Hoots peered into the dark hotel room from his perch out in the dark night.

A light flipped on next to the bed, and a red, furry monster got out of one of the beds. He walked up to the window and looked out. The droopy eyelids of the monster instantly vanished when he saw Hoots. He pulled open the window and Hoots peered in. "Hey there little Elmo," Hoots whispered.

"Mister Hoots," Elmo whispered gleefully. "What is mister Hoots doing here?"

"I came to tell you that we’re gonna save Sesame Street, little buddy," Hoots said.

"Yay!" Elmo shouted, waving his arms.

"Shh," Hoots said. "Don’t wanna wake up your mom and pops, you guys are gonna have a long day of drivin’ in the morning."

"Oh, yeah," Elmo whispered. "Yay!" he said quietly.

"He he he," Hoots laughed. "Well my main monster, I’ve gotta fly, lots of other places to get tonight, ya know."

"Okay. Um, mister Hoots?" Elmo asked.

"Yeah, what’s up, Elmo?" Hoots asked.

"Can you tell Elmo how to get to Sesame Street?"

-~-~-~-~-

The Sloppy Jalopy puttered down the road with Maria and Luis following it behind in their old brown pick-up truck.

Oscar straightened his cab-driver’s hat in the rear-view mirror. He looked back at Maria and Luis behind him and muttered. "Why’d they have to follow us anyway, Slimey?"

Slimey squeaked something from his spot in the passenger’s seat next to Oscar.

"Whadaya mean ‘aren’t I glad they’re here’? No, I’m not glad they’re here! I wish they’d just leave me alone!" Oscar shouted. Slimey squeaked again, as if to scold Oscar. "No, I do not miss Sesame Street either."

Slimey rose his head as if to smirk at Oscar. "Uh huh," he squeaked.

"I don’t!" Oscar said. "I don’t miss Hooper’s Store, I don’t miss Elmo, I don’t miss that turkey, I don’t miss Ernie or Bert, I don’t miss Grundgetta, I don’t miss my can, and I don’t miss Sesame Street!"

Slimey squeaked out another sentence. "Wha’- oh, I know you didn’t mention those other things. I was just- well- but- okay, FINE!" Oscar shouted. "I miss it, okay?" Happy now?"

Slimey nodded. "Mmhm," he squeaked.

"Good."

"Aww, I knew you missed us, man."

"Ah!" Oscar slammed on the brakes, causing Maria and Luis to rear-end him. "What are you doin’ here?"

Hoots laughed. "Nice seein’ you too, Grouch man."

"Whadaya want?" Oscar asked.

"I wanna tell ya to get back to Sesame Street!" Hoots said.

Maria stormed over to the side of the Sloppy Jalopy. "Oscar, what is- Hoots! Hi!"

"Hey there Maria," Hoots said.

"What’s going on?" she asked. Luis made his way next to her.

"Me and the Count are savin’ Sesame Street! And we need everybody there to help us!" Hoots said.

"Really?" Luis asked. "That’s great!"

"Yeah," Hoots said. "Hey, think I can get a ride with you guys? We’re probably gonna need to pick up some passengers."

"No!" Oscar shouted.

"Sure, you can ride with Oscar," Maria said.

"Hey!"

"Oh, come on Oscar, it’s for Sesame Street," Maria said.

Oscar frowned (okay, so he always frowned). "Fine. Get in back," he told Hoots.

Hoots flew in the back seat. "Alright, let’s go!"

-~-~-~-~-

Bert and Ernie had crashed on two armchairs after their night of celebrating with Ashley.

Ashley smiled, bringing blankets out and covering Ernie and Bert with them.
She began to lower herself on the couch, but before she could sit, a knock came at her door. She sighed. "Who could it be this late?" she asked herself.

She opened the door and there stood a green thing and an owl. "Hi there, my name’s Hoots," the owl said. "And this here is Oscar. We’re here lookin’ for our pals Ernie and Bert."

Ashley rubbed her eyes. "Are you from... Sesame Street?"

"The one and only," the owl said. "How’d ya guess?"

"Ernie and Bert have told me about it... I wrote a newspaper on it."

"Yuck, now we’ll get tourists," Oscar said.

"You must be Oscar," Ashley said.

"Yeah, what’s it to ya?" Oscar asked.

Ashley shook her head. "Never mind, come on in."

-~-~-~-~-

Ernie, Bert, and Ashley followed behind Maria and Luis in Ashley’s white Explorer. They parked behind Maria and Luis’ truck. "Do you want to get out with them, fellas?" she asked Ernie and Bert.

Bert shook his head from the front seat. "No, I think they can handle it."

"I want to," Ernie said, getting out of the car.

Ernie walked over to where Hoots and Maria were, they walked up to the door and knocked. "I hope they’re home," Ernie said.

Hoots and Maria looked down at Ernie. Maria shook her head. Olivia opened the door. "MARIA!" she shouted.

"OLIVIA!" Maria did the same, hugging Olivia.

"Wha’- what are you doing here?" Olivia asked.

"Me have better question," Cookie Monster said, peering out the door. "You bring cookies?"

-~-~-~-~-

The yellow Volkswagen joined the trail of cars, parking in front of the Don’t Drop Inn.

"Finally, a stop I can appreciate," Oscar said.

Maria, Luis, Susan, and Gordon exited their cars. They stood in the dimly lit parking lot. "We’ll handle this, Oscar," Maria said.

"Fine by me, skinny, just hurry it up, will ya?"

The four adults walked into the Don’t Drop Inn lobby. "Hello," Susan said. "Can you tell us which room Miles Robinson is in?"

"Are you serious?" the Grouch lobbyist asked. "You think I would give away the room number of a guest?"

"Sorry, we’ll just-"

"You guys really know your Grouches!" the lobbyist said. "They’re in room one."

Gordon looked over at the room doors. "Which one?"

"The one, one!" the Grouch shouted.

"Oh."

Maria rolled her eyes and knocked on one of the doors. It fell in. She looked inside. "They’re in here."

"Mommy?!" Gabi shouted, running to hug Maria.

Maria hugged her daughter and ran her fingers through her hair. Miles stepped out of the room as well. "What are you guys doing here?"

Gordon put his hand on Miles’ shoulder. "Son, we’re going home."

-~-~-~-~-

Bob and Telly joined everyone in the great migration home to Sesame Street. Gabi, Miles, Bob, and Telly all joined Ernie and Bert in Ashley’s vehicle, while Cookie Monster and Olivia were with Gordon and Susan in the Volkswagen, and Maria and Luis in their truck, with Oscar, Hoots, and Slimey in the Sloppy Jalopy.

"Where’s Grover at, anyway?" Oscar asked Hoots as he drove through the dark town.

"Not sure," Hoots said. "Just keep your eyes peeled."

They slowed to a stop in front of a stop light. "Ya mean we don’t even know where he is?"

As they waited at the stop light, a blue monster sprayed water on the Sloppy Jalopy’s window.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Oscar shouted. "Watch it pal, I never clean this thing!"

The monster looked up, Oscar’s eyebrow shot up over his eyes. "...Grouchy?" the monster asked.

"Grover?" Oscar replied. "Great, we found ‘im," Oscar muttered.

Hoots looked over the seat. "Grover, what’re you doin’, man?" he asked.

"I am making a living," Grover said. "What are you doing?"

"We’re takin’ you home!" Hoots said.

"Home?" Grover asked. "You mean to Sesame Street?"

"You bet!" Hoots said.

"Well what are we standing around here talking idly for?" Grover asked. "Scruffy! Grad the bags! We are going home!"

-~-~-~-~-

"Oh, Big Bird will be so excited to see us!" Grover said.

"You know it," Hoots replied as the Sloppy Jalopy parked next to the curb.
"Good thing we sent the others on to Sesame Street," Oscar said. "I was gettin’ sick and tired of seein’ them."

"Yeah, they had to go back early," Hoots said. "Just in case Count needs 'em."

"May I go get Big Bird?" Grover asked.

"You bet, blue man," Hoots said.

"Thank you Hoots, sir, but I am a monster," Grover said as he got out of the car.

He walked up to the door and knocked. Granny Bird opened the door and peered out at him. "Hello?"

"HELLO GRANNY BABIEEEEE!!" Grover shouted.

Granny Bird smiled. "You’re here for Big Bird, aren’t you?"

Grover stood up straight. "How could you guess?"

"Call it a hunch," Granny Bird said. "Come in, come in, Big Bird just sat down to a bowl Honey Bunches of Seeds."

"Oh, thank you," Grover said, stepping inside the house. He followed Granny Bird towards the kitchen.

"Big Bird," she said. "There’s someone here to see you."

"Oh," Big Bird said. "Is it Amanda Sue, or Jack, or- GROVER!" Big Bird shot up from his chair at the breakfast table and squeezed Grover.

"Um, hello there Big Bird," Grover choked out.

"Oh, Grover," Big Bird said, hopping up and down with Grover in his arms. "I’m so glad you’re here! ...Why are you here?"

Grover bounced up and down with Big Bird. "Well, it is very- WHAA!- simple," he said, still bouncing. "But, Big Bird, could you stop bouncing?"

Big Bird did, and he looked down at Grover, still mushed between his chest and his arms. "Why are you here?"

"Um, before I tell you," Grover said. "There is one more thing."

"What’s that?" Big Bird asked.

"I can not breathe when you squeeze me like this," Grover said.

"Oh, sorry, again," Big Bird dropped Grover on the kitchen floor.

Grover stood back up and dusted himself off. "Well, you see Big Bird, Hoots, and Oscar, and-"

"Hoots and Oscar are here too?!" Big Bird shouted joyfully.

"Well, yes, they are, but-"

"Can I go see them, Granny, please?" Big Bird asked.

"Let your friend Grover finish first, Big Bird," Granny Bird said.

"Oh, okay. Go on Grover."

"Thank you," Grover said to Granny Bird. "Anyway, we are here to take you home to Sesame Street!"

"Oh boy!" Big Bird shouted. "I’ll go get Radar! We can leave right away!" Big Bird stopped himself. He looked at Granny Bird. "Oh, but... but I’ll have to leave my Granny Bird."

"Yes, part of the package, unfortunately," Grover said.

Granny Bird smiled, and hugged her grandbird. "Don’t concern yourself, Big Bird," she said. "I’ll be fine. You go be with your friends, they need you."

"Are you sure?" Big Bird asked.

Granny Bird nodded. "Of course, dear, I love you, and I know where you need to go."

"Thanks Granny," Big Bird pecked (no, not literally) her on the cheek. "Grover?"

Grover stopped fiddling with his thumbs. "Oh, um, yes, Big Bird?"

"Let’s go home."

-~-~-~-~-

Alex Hooper watched as the wrecking ball drove into the twilight of Sesame Street.

"I'd like to see them stop me now."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Excuse me.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

LET'S GO HOME! LET'S GO HOME! LET'S GO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME AND LET'S LET ALEX HOOPER SEE US STOP HIM NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

<GLOMPS THE PRAWN SO MUCH!>

<Ahem.>

In short, this chapter OH SO TOTALLY ROCKS! ...Sorry, I'll try to stay out of caps, but it's just so hard...

I got SO choked up and OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Prawnie this rocks and I love you and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GROVER! BIG BIRD! SCRUFFY! HOOTS! OSCAAAAAAAAAAR! COOKIE! EVERYBODY! MILES! GABI! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

...<ahem.>

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Loved it all. Although, with what you put into the reunions, I would've liked to see them arrive at Linda's home and get Bob and Telly, and hopefully Linda and Jordan too. Wonder if that little dilema will get tended to in the aftermath of jubilation over saving the street.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the VW painted a powder blue after getting a complete overhaul owing to it being devoured in FTB? Anyway, great chapter and I await the next segmet with great enthusiasm.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yayyyyy!!!!!!! I'm so happy everyone is going home to save Sesame Street!!! Ooh, but then you have to end with this "I'd like to see them stop me now" and a wrecking ball. Come on, don't leave it here, more more more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Someone should tell that Alex Hooper guy... Careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Nineteen Hearts Turning Into Chapter Nineteen In a Story With Nineteen Parts

The sun rose, following the Sloppy Jalopy as it drove into Sesame Street. "Oscar, stop here, Oscar."

"I got it, I got it."

"Stop, Oscar."

"I’m stoppin’!"

"No you are not! You are still going! That is not-"

Oscar slammed on the brakes and Grover flew out of the car into Oscar’s pile of trash. "That is stopping," Grover said.

Oscar, Big Bird, and Hoots got out of the Sloppy Jalopy and joined the rest of Sesame Street’s residents on the stoop of 123 Sesame Street. "Hello every-"

"Shh, quiet Grover," Bob whispered.

"What is going on?" Grover asked. "And what is everyone staring at?"

Grover turned to look as the sun reflected off the yellow metal of the wrecking ball. "Oh. That."

"That could be a problem," Hoots said to The Count.

"One, one problem," The Count said. "Don’t vorry. Now that everyone is here vith us, ve’re sure to triumph."

"What’s plan, Gordon?" Cookie Monster asked.

"Me?" Gordon replied. "Why me?"

"Who better, bro?" Olivia asked.

"Thanks sis," Gordon said. "But I really don’t have any ideas. I mean, it’s not like I can summon up an earthquake on command."

Suddenly, the ground beneath everyone began to shake. "Are you sure, pop?" Miles asked.

"That’s no eawthquake," Baby Bear said. "Look!" He pointed to the corner as a shaggy brown Snuffleupagus lumbered down the sidewalk.

"It’s Snuffy!" Big Bird declared, running to hug his best friend.

"Oh, hi Bird," Snuffy said. "Am I late?"

As everyone went to greet Snuffy, and let him know what was going on, Grover ducked over to a phone booth. "This looks like it would be the perfect job for a furry, blue, super-monster."

Gordon looked his family up and down. Not just Miles, Susan, and Olivia, but everyone. They were all his family, and they always would be. He had to save them. "I’ve got an idea," he said.

Everyone stopped. They all turned to look at Gordon. "Oh, great, chrome dome has a plan," Oscar said. "What are we gonna do? Sing ‘em into submission?"

"If any of you sing. I call the police. Which I will be doing anyway, but I can charge you with disturbing the peace if you sing."

Alex Hooper stood swinging a set of keys around his finger. "Fancy seeing you all here again," he said.

"Mister bad-man can’t do this to Sesame Street!" Elmo shouted.

Alex Hooper sneered. "Yeah, are you going to stop my big wrecking ball, Ya little red fur-ball?"

Elmo shied back from the man. "Hey, easy," Maria said. "He’s just a kid."

"So was I. When you ruined my life," Alex Hooper said.

The Street residents exchanged glances, then Susan spoke up. "We’ve only known you for a few weeks. How could we have ruined your life?" she asked.

"You took my uncle from me!" Alex shouted.

Luis stared at Alex. "When Mr. Hooper- your uncle- when he died, it was because he was old. Not- not because of anything we did."

"Some of us didn’t even get a chance to meet your uncle," Gabi said.

"Yeah," Miles added. "But our mom and dad and friends tell us all about him, and how great he was."

"Yeah, for you," Alex said.

"What you mean?" Cookie Monster asked. "Mr. Hooper nice to everybody, monsters, birds, people, Grouches, cows, piggies, Ernie, and even Bert too!"

"Hey!" Bert frowned. Ernie patted his best buddy’s back and laughed.

"That’s just it!" Alex shouted. "He was here for you, but not for me! I never got to know him, because he spent all of his time here!"

"Well, wouldn’t you?" Prairie Dawn asked.

"Yeah, everyone loves Sesame Street!" Zoe said.

"Not everyone," Alex said.

"Really?" Big Bird asked innocently. "Who doesn’t? They must not have ever been he-"

"Me, ya big turkey!" Alex shouted at Big Bird.

"Hey, this guy ain’t half bad," Oscar muttered. Maria elbowed Oscar. "Heh, neither are you, skinny," he said.

"Now, if you’ll excuse me," Alex said. "I have a street to demolish." He jumped into the wrecking ball and turned it on in a flash. He pushed forward a lever, sending the wrecking ball flying forward, straight towards Hooper’s Store. "And I’ll start, with the place that stole my uncle from me!"

"He can’t do this!" Gina cried.

"And he shall not!" shouted Super Grover as he burst out of the phone booth. "Sorry it took me so long, but my helmet would not stay on."

The girls on the street screamed as the wrecking ball narrowly missed Hooper’s Store. "More power!" Alex shouted angrily.

"This looks like my furry, blue chance!" Super Grover shouted. He darted in the path of the falling wrecking ball. "Halt, villain, for it is I! Su-" he held the syllable, swirling his head back and forth. "P-AHH!" The wrecking ball slammed into Super Grover, and swept him off the street.

"Super Grover!" everyone below cried.

"Oh, my fragile blue body," Super Grover moaned.

"Gordon, we have to do something!" Bob shouted.

"I know, I know!" Gordon said. "Count, how many fingers do I have?" Gordon asked.

"Ah! That’s one, two, three, four, five! Five fingers!" The Count counted. "Ah! Ah! Ah!" Thunder and lightning filled the sky.

"That won’t scare me this time!" Alex declared, preparing to swing the wrecking ball back at Hooper’s.

The ball inched closer to the brick wall, Super Grover pried himself off the wrecking ball, and stuck out his arm and leg closest the wall. "Oh, this will not be easy on me," he whined. Super Grover’s hand and foot hit the wall, and Super Grover grunted as he tried to push. "Oh, come on super muscles, do not fail me now!"

He pushed hard, and the ball flew backwards, knocking into the crane holding up the wrecking ball. The metal that made up the crane twisted and broke as the wrecking ball plowed through it. The crane broke, and fell to the ground in a pile of twisted metal and broken asphalt beneath it.

Alex Hooper’s mouth fell open, he stared at the mass of broken machinery that lay beneath him.

No one spoke.

A taxi screeched to a stop in front of the mess.

Two green flippers hit the pavement.

"Grover?!" Kermit the Frog shouted, cradling a newspaper beneath his arm. Kermit tossed the newspaper behind him, and ran over to the broken wrecking ball. "Grover! Oh, Grover, why did you have to do that?" Kermit choked back tears as he pulled aside pieces of metal.

The rest of Sesame Street joined Kermit’s attempt to move the metal. Kermit found the furry, blue, super-monster finally, laying a few feet away from the actual ball. He ran over to Grover’s side and looked him up and down. "Oh... oh Grover..."

"Su-per Grover, if you please, Froggy baby," Super Grover uttered.

Kermit laughed. "Grover!" He pulled the monster to his feet and began to dust him off. "Are you hurt?"

Super Grover pushed his helmet out of his eyes. "I think my cape is torn."

Kermit hugged his old friend. "Thank goodness."

Then Elmo hugged Grover and Kermit, then Big Bird hugged all three of them, Rosita hugged all four, and eventually, everyone hugged everyone.

"I hate to break this up," Alex Hooper said. "But the police are on their way." He slammed his cell phone closed and shoved it into this pocket.

The group hug dissolved, but no one backed down. All of them stood their ground firmly.

Kermit glared at Alex Hooper. "Fine."

"Beg pardon?" Alex asked.

"Um, Froggy baby, jail is most certainly not fine," Super Grover said.

"No one is going anywhere," Kermit said.

"Yes, you are," Alex said. "Once the police arrive."

"I don’t see where you’re going with this one, Kermit," Gordon said.

Kermit ran over to where he dropped newspaper and picked it up, opening the front page, and shoving it in Alex Hooper’s face. "Read it and weep."

Ernie and Bert looked at Ashley. "Ashley, do you think that-" Bert started.

"Of course!" Ernie shouted. "Ashley, it’s your article!"

Ashley blushed. "No, it can’t be. That’s not my newspaper," she said. "It’s the New York Times!"

Alex snatched the paper from Kermit’s hands, and read it aloud. "Can You Tell Me How To Get To Sesame Street?" he read. "What a crummy title."

"Keep reading," Kermit said.

"That’s my title," Ashley whispered. "In the New York Times..."

Alex’s eyes read over the text of the article. He looked back at Kermit. "This doesn’t prove anything."

"No," squeaked a tiny, country voice. "But this might."

Everyone watched as two Twiddlebugs flew down into the group. "Mornin’," said Mayor Thaddeus Twiddlebug.

"Mayor Twiddlebug?" Grover asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I’m here to show that this street doesn’t belong to this cheapskate here in the business suit," Mayor Twiddlebug said.

Alex Hooper shot a glare at the bug. "Twiddlebug, this is treason!"

"Why, yes, yes it is," Mayor Twiddlebug said. "Tom, get out that deed."

"Oh, yes sir!" Thomas Twiddlebug said, digging out a piece of paper and flying it over to Gordon’s hands. "Here you are sir, read it, I think you’ll like what it says."

"But this is just Mr. Hooper’s will," Gordon said. "We’ve already read over it."

"I think you may want to read it again, sir," Mayor Twiddlebug said.

Gordon read the will aloud. "Dear friends, I, Mr. Harold Hooper (not Looper, Big Bird), have a confession to make. I’m the current holder of the deed to Sesame Street, but after I pass on, I must pass the will on as well. Which is why I’m leaving the deed to Sesame Street, passing on the title of true owner of Sesame Street to-"

"My closest living relative," Alex growled.

"Not quite." Gordon grinned. "My closest friend, Big Bird."

All eyes shifted to the eight foot two yellow bird. "Me?" Big Bird asked quietly.

"Him?!" Alex shouted. "That’s impossible! I have the will, that’s a fake!"

"Not exactly," Mayor Twiddlebug said. "If you’ll show us your copy, I’m sure you’ll see why."

Alex pulled out his version of the will from his pocket, and opened the soda-stained paper up. "See, right here, it says ‘my closest-‘"

"Soda stain." Kermit smirked.

"No! No!" Alex shouted.

"I’m afraid so," Mayor Twiddlebug said. "And if you’ll look closer, you’ll see that your so-called will is not signed by Mr. Hooper. Meaning that yours is incomplete, and the finished copy reveals that the true owner of Sesame Street is the one and only, Big Bird."

"But I don’t know how to run a street," Big Bird said.

Bob walked over to Big Bird and smiled up at him. "Big Bird, do you love Sesame Street?" he asked.

"More than anything!" Big Bird said.

"Then you know how to run a street," Bob said.

Alex Hooper panted, and began to back away. "You’ll never get the deed from me! Never!" he shouted.

"Hey pal," Oscar said. "Look behind ya."

Behind Alex, a police car pulled up and a tall police officer exited the vehicle. "What’s going on here?"

"Officer," Oscar said. "This man stole the deed to our street!" Oscar shouted.

"Our street, Oscar?" Telly asked.

"I think Oscar’s finally starting to like Sesame Street," Herry said.

"Si, it is about time, too," Rosita replied.

"Hey, this place can grow on a Grouch," Oscar said. "Just don’t tell anybody."

The officer arrested Alex Hooper, returned the deed, and tipped his hat to the residents of the "most famous street in the world".

"What? We’re not famous," Alan said.

"Sure you are," the officer said. "That newspaper article about you is the talk of the nation!"

"Newspaper article?" everyone asked in unison.

"Told you," Ernie said to Ashley, laughing.

"You folks take care, now," the officer said, walking Alex towards the squad car.

"Um, just a second sir!" Super Grover told the officer. He ran over to Alex Hooper and looked him in his eyes. "Sorry about your wrecking ball." Alex growled at Grover. "Well?" Grover asked. "Are you not going to apologize to us?"

Alex laughed, then the police officer shot him a glare. "Yeah, aren’t you gonna apologize to these folks?" he asked.

Alex Hooper stopped laughing. His eyes scanned the crowd of Muppets and humans. For the first time since he’d been on Sesame Street, Alex Hooper smiled. "I’m sorry. And... and I know why my uncle never left." Everyone cheered and began to jump up and down.

Sesame Street was saved.

As everyone celebrated, Gordon pulled Miles aside. "What is it, pop?" Miles asked, his grin spreading across his entire face.

Gordon reached into his pocket, and handed Miles a ring. "Go get her, son."

Miles looked from the ring to his dad. "Th- thanks dad." He hugged Gordon, and Gordon hugged him back. "Promise you won’t leave?"

"How could anyone leave Sesame Street?" Miles asked.

Elmo ran up to Kermit. "Green frog! Green frog!" he called.

"Oh, hi there Elmo," Kermit said to the monster.

"Green frog?" Elmo asked.

"Yes?"

"Is Sesame Street going to be okay?"

Miles climbed to the top of 123 Sesame Street, pulling Gabi along with him. He knelt down on one knee and held out his hand. "Gabi, will you marry me?"

Tears rolled down Gabi’s face. "Yes! Of course!" Gabi shouted.

Kermit smiled. "Yeah, Elmo," Kermit said. "Sesame Street’s gonna be okay for a long, long time."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<TOTAL GLOMP!>

SNUFFY! GROVER! KERMIT! "APOLOGIZE!" MILES! GABI! DEED! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG BIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRD! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <TOTAL UTTER GLOMP> THIS IS FAAAAAAAAAAAAANTAAAAAAAAAAAASTICAAAAAAABUUUUUUULOOOOOOUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

And the award for best sentence EVER goes to:

Sesame Street was saved.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE PLEASE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!1