Animal: Monster or... what?

peyjenk

Reaction score
So, is Animal considered one of the Muppet monsters?

If not, what is he? :halo:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
So, is Animal considered one of the Muppet monsters?

If not, what is he? :halo:
I never thought of Animal as a monster. I always considered him...well...an animal. I don't know what kind of animal...maybe an escapee from the Island of Dr. Moreau, but an animal all the same. Floyd seems to be his main handler, and often keeps him on a leash. He tells Animal to "sit" and "stay," as if he were a dog. And isn't Animal sometimes chained to his drumset? So if I had to guess, I'd say he was a highly intelligent animal (and the Muppets are full of highly intelligent animals). But I wouldn't consider him a monster.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Okay, but most of the Muppet animals are specific, recognizable animals. Anything that is otherwise is usually considered a monster, alien, etc. The line seems to be really fuzzy around Animal, though.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
He seems pretty Neanderthal-ish to me... but I think - because of his teeth, and the way his hair grows, mostly - he is a monster.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Ahh... the age old question. I really have no idea I just kinda accept that he's Animal and don't really think of him in a specific group. He's just himself. Sorry I'm not very helpful:halo:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ahh... the age old question. I really have no idea I just kinda accept that he's Animal and don't really think of him in a specific group. He's just himself. Sorry I'm not very helpful:halo:
Yeah, I guess that's what I was trying to say in my post. I never thought about it one way or another. He's just Animal.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree that when it comes to Animal. He is just that, a personification of all that is our animal nature. I can see Neanderthal in him (although I don't believe in Evolution), it's possible that he's throw-back to then? I can also see, Muppet Monster traits in him...although they are usually more specifically monsterish than Animal.

A lot of people speculate that he is humanoid, the same as Zoot, Floyd, and Marvin Suggs.

weredog

Reaction score
Animal is just Animal I suppose. I've never really given much thought to his actual species.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Animal kinda fits the scientific description of what we say Neanderthals would have looked like. Yeah, I've always seen him as just a very primitive, primal creature. Like, the name says it all! :halo: