Animal: Monster or... what?

Kar Ma

Reaction score
I agree, to a point. When such stereotypes indicate prejudicial connotations then it can get messy. However, rock ' n ' roll has been notoriously synonomous with negative and/or crazy behavior, according to mainstream society. Animal fills the stereotype of breaking convention. It's just ironic that convention is responsible for pigeonholing stereotypes.
:halo:

muppet baby

Reaction score
You get it! Bingo!

That animal is a drummer, that drummer is an animal... Drummer = Animal. It's, like, scientific n' stuff.
scientific n' stuff yep that is true LOVE THAT ANIMAIAL :smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I agree, to a point. When such stereotypes indicate prejudicial connotations then it can get messy. However, rock ' n ' roll has been notoriously synonomous with negative and/or crazy behavior, according to mainstream society. Animal fills the stereotype of breaking convention. It's just ironic that convention is responsible for pigeonholing stereotypes.
:halo:
:mad: Rock and/or Roll is the devil's music!

(a 16-ton weight falls from the rafters, and lands directly onto Leach)

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I always thought of Animal as a mix between Oscar the Grouch and Floyd. He shares qualities of the two, ie: Oscar's shapped head, bushie brows, flexable neck, Floyd's hair style, slim figure, and slightly hunched back. Animal has been much more violent than Many muppet Monsters, even going so far as to physically assault people with a mallet, looking for there keys, played his drums so fast, he made them catch fire, suplexed an octopus, and I beleive, chased off a bunch of gathering monsters, at least once... And let Crazy Harry blow him up.

Animal's nature is probably being exposed to the likes of the Muppet Monsters, and Oz's comedy of acting like Cookie, who Animal shares almost the same vocal cords with.

As Gonzo was originaly a Monster, then a freak, what ever, weirdo, then Alien, Animal can be linked to a spazzing Hippy.

"
Name six humans that look like Clifford.

You can't!"
Scooter, Animal, Zoot, Beard, Marvin Suggs, Dr. Teeth, Skeeter! HA!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The next time I saw him was on Muppets Tonight (although he apparently made guest appearances on other shows in the early 90s). The MT version was a remodeled version of the original, and didn't wear sunglasses. But I always accepted the fact he was human or humanoid.
I always thought of Clifford as a catfish-like humanoid.

I think Kermit called him a "Catfish-faced, purple-colored moptop" on Muppets Tonight.

Marky

Reaction score
As Gonzo was originaly a Monster, then a freak, what ever, weirdo, then Alien, Animal can be linked to a spazzing Hippy.
Indeed. In the restless early 70's way, as opposed to the peacenik late 60's way.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I may have an answer about Animal...

Well, I think we can all agree that Floyd would know more about Animal than anyone else, right?

Well, in the Lou Rawls ep of TMS, Lou meets up with Floyd and Animal. Lou wants to hire him for a gig and speak with him man to man.

Floyd: (blinks) "Man to man? This dude don't know Animal!"

Also in the sketch, Floyd says to think of Animal as "your basic primitive man."

That's probably as about a definitive answer as we're going to get.

Convincing John

Marky

Reaction score
Floyd is the guy who takes him out for walks (The Muppet Movie)!

:sing: