Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

DTWolf

Reaction score
I think the Palisades line would have been both popular and profitable (the production expense was quite high) if all attention had been focussed on likeness rather than accessories and articulation. Look at the amazing stuff McFarlane is doing with Hanna Barbara and the Simpsons. I feel that Palisades fueled the interest in such product, but McF seems to have found the balance. Likeness is paramount.
I would agree that the accessories, much as I enjoyed most of them, might have been a bit much. They put LOTS of fan-pleasing effort into accessories, and it's debatable whether that was the best use of their resources.

However:
I don't understand what more anyone could have wanted in the likenesses Palisades gave the Muppets. The original Piggy and Gonzo were off, maybe, but after series 2 the figures looked about as close as plastically possible to the real thing. (Which is also when the accessories got better.)

And I totally disagree with the notion that likeness makes up for lousy articulation, which is how I interpret the post quoted above. I admit to letting Neca get away with bad articulation in their Jareth figure, but that's partly because I expected so little from the start, given the way the high-end figure industry works these days. But there are lots of people out here, like me, who can't stand a lot of what's on the market precisely because manufacturers focus on likeness and sculpt at the expense of moving parts. You've got to have both to make a great figure. Jareth aside, I don't want really tall PVCs, no matter how good they look.

nattiemouse

Reaction score
Rizzo as yoda

cant wait ! Rizzo :eek:as Yoda - well done - a dream. Nice one Rizzo x

beaker

Reaction score
Count, I had no idea you were using a text to speech program, I thought maybe someone was reading to you the text. Your vast knowlege of all things Sesame and Muppets remains as extensive as ever, as I had totally forgot who played who in the infamous Muppet Babies Star Wars spoofs.

Well, someone mentioned R2-D2...well Palisades came out with an R2-D2 parody figure, the MAMMA robot from the Dudley Moore episode.

I didn't like the Star Wars Transformers toys, even tho I love both franchises.
But thse Star Wars Muppet figures are definately something Star Wars fans, Muppet fans, and the general public would definately love. I just think it's lame they will be only available at Disney theme parks.

DTWolf

Reaction score
I for one would be much happier if I knew they'd be sold at the Disney Store (the shopping-mall chain) instead of just at the parks. I can get to the Disney Store; I'll never get to the parks.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I for one would be much happier if I knew they'd be sold at the Disney Store (the shopping-mall chain) instead of just at the parks. I can get to the Disney Store; I'll never get to the parks.
You can call either park through DelivEARS and they will ship to you. I did it for the big Kermit figure because they wouldn't hold it until I left. I don't remember the number but you can call the parks and I'm sure you'll get it.

The Disney stores in the malls aren't owned by Disney anymore, so there might not be much Muppet stuff there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I think the Palisades line would have been both popular and profitable (the production expense was quite high) if all attention had been focussed on likeness rather than accessories and articulation. Look at the amazing stuff McFarlane is doing with Hanna Barbara and the Simpsons. I feel that Palisades fueled the interest in such product, but McF seems to have found the balance. Likeness is paramount.
I do agree. Over accessorizing killed the other lines (Ren and Stimpy and Fairly Odd Parents in particular, since it upped their prices). But then again, for the Muppet lines to be a true success, they'da had to follow McFarline's business modle and have Kermit's bloody eye popping out it's socket or some sick minded crap like that. I absolutely hate the garbage "Twisted Fairy Tales/ Wizard of Oz" lines. It seesm like the only people who buy that are serial Killers or something.

I will say, at least with Palisades, they were action figures and not 3D diaramas. I love the Simpsons and Hanna Barberra Lines, but I want an action figure to at least be posible, and not fixed into an action pose. I have the Hong Kong Phooey, and I like it, but I'd rather have a posible figurine and a seperately sold Phooeymobile.

I loved Palisades when they were around (though I said before, their PALZ line was the stupidest thing they've ever done. Kubricks knockoffs you'd expect from any other less than reputable toy manufacturer, but not them.)

paganpoet

Reaction score
These look great! I want the Miss Piggy as Princess Leah! Gonzo looks awesome too! Thanks for sharing this!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder why Master Replicas have a picture of the Muppets Star Wars send up in their Christmas in July Blog?There is nothing related to it in the topic.