Sesame Street TV References

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm watchting the debut of the Spaceballs cartoon and they just showed the part where Yogurt is abandoned by Dark Helmet, he claims "it's not easy being choses, or green." And before, during a space-pod race, I think I saw some giant Yip-Yip Martians in teh crowd.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Spotted on a Flix comedy this morning

This morning I was watching an old movie called "My Brother the Pig", in which a girl's younger brother gets transformed into a pig--and has to travel to Mexico with her nanny to find the one person who can reverse the spell. What does this have to do with Sesame Street? Well, when they'd reached Mexico, this bit of dialogue took place:

PIG-BOY'S FRIEND (who wasn't fluent in Spanish otherwise): Buenos días, ¿como estás?
NANNY'S MEXICAN RELATIVE: Buenos días.
PIG-BOY'S OLDER SISTER (irritated): Where did that come from?
PIG-BOY'S FRIEND: Sesame Street.
PIG-BOY'S OLDER SISTER (sarcastically): Oh, great...Did Elmo teach you how to say "Please help us turn my brother back into a boy"?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I saw the Family Guy one with cookie monster *Adult* in rehab, but I thought it was hilarious lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a great SS refference from Eek the Cat, delivered by Weird Al Yankovic Himself in an episode called The Fug-eek-tive

"To quote a heavily Copyrighted children's show, One of these things is Not like the others!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot to add this, but last night on The Office (the one with Jan's Baby Shower) an Elmo pillow and a large Big Bird plush are visible at the shower. Of course, you could only plainly see Big Bird's side for a second... but there's no mistaking that big yellow shape.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Stephen Colbert: "THESE are the people in your neighborhood! They're the people that you meet, when you're walking down the street! They're the PEOPLE that you meet each DAY!"

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Grover in Casablanca

Grover with Cleo from Between the Lions in an ad for PBS Kids "Ready to Learn" initiative. it's funny how SS has been mimicking advertisement format so well in the show for 40 years that now they're pretty good at making real ads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egTSvx4k24M

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another one from the DIC version of the Bill and Ted's excellent Adventures cartoon show...

In "Misadventures in Babysitting" Bill and Ted go back in time to babysit themselves so they can stop their younger selves from breaking an electric guitar that Bill's dad once owned. In one scene the younger Bill and Ted are watching TV and screaming "We wanna watch Big Bird." The older Ted says, "no, you don't wanna watch Big Bird, you wanna watch Music Videos!"

Speaking of which, Everybody Hates Chris had an episode where some really tall girl no one liked started dating Chris, they called her Big Bird. At the end, Chris blows her off, she gets a makeover and she moves to Paris, just before telling Chris off. At the end Chris Rock narrates: "Today's show was brought to you by the letters, D, A... [etc to spell a certain cuss word]"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Speaking of which, Everybody Hates Chris had an episode where some really tall girl no one liked started dating Chris, they called her Big Bird. At the end, Chris blows her off, she gets a makeover and she moves to Paris, just before telling Chris off. At the end Chris Rock narrates: "Today's show was brought to you by the letters, D, A... [etc to spell a certain cuss word]"
Haaaaahahahahahahaha! That's funny! :zany:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Ever watch "Drawn together"? They had a reference to the Yip Yip Martians in one episode. In one scene, there's a phone, and when the phone rings these 4 characters in the show do a reference by acting like the Yip Yip martians, and they all look like they have the mouths of the martians! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRIING! YipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYip UH-HUH! UH-HUH!