Dr. Teeth and Janice

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Besides the At the Dance segment from the Teresa Brewer episode, have Dr. Teeth and Janice ever interracted?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now that you say that i dont really think so. I dont even think they did much in any of the movies ethier.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I hadn't thought of that either. Well I think if the Electric Mayhem had had their own movie or something, we would have seen more interaction. The way it was, they sort of needed to be treated as a unit and group to save time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i always thought that out of all of the EM band that Dr. Theeth and Janice got the least spotlight if ya know what i mean.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it always seems like Janice has to accompany Floyd in his songs, rather than do solos. Still, it's always cute to see. :sing: :flirt:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Hmm that would have been interesting if they had talked...imagine all the lingo they would have used...their convorsations would have been wicked hard to understand haha

BEAR

Reaction score
By interact, do you mean speak directly to each other? If so, then I don't recall them ever either. I always kind of paired them up as Floyd with Janice, and Dr. Teeth with Zoot and Animal just being the other guy. Dr. Teeth and Zoot seemed to have buddied a lot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By interact, do you mean speak directly to each other? If so, then I don't recall them ever either. I always kind of paired them up as Floyd with Janice, and Dr. Teeth with Zoot and Animal just being the other guy. Dr. Teeth and Zoot seemed to have buddied a lot.
That's what I meant. But right now, I realised that Floyd seems to be the one who interracts with other members of the band the most. The others (excluding Lips, who never spoke to anybody) just talk to Floyd, and rarely with the others. In the openign number for the Rudolph Nureyev epsidoe, Dr. Teeth and Floyd have a conversation, and Janice doesn't even join in on their conversation.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
i always thought that out of all of the EM band that Dr. Theeth and Janice got the least spotlight if ya know what i mean.
Actualy, Lips gets the least spotlight (it helps if casual fans are hardly aware that he exists). He's hardly appeared on any merchandise (posters, books, puzzles... and many other obscure characters have appeared in a lot more merchandise, whetehr illustrated or not... I don't know if it's too hard for illustrators to draw him), and even when he was used the most, he wasn't. He only appeared in a handful of episodes during the last season of The Muppet Show, and only appeared whenever a trumpet player was needed (he wasn't with the band in the Paul Simon episode). He was absent from many of the early 1980s Muppet specials (I can't remember if he appeared in The Muppets Go to the Movies, but I'm guessing that he doesn't, since Muppet Wiki doesn't mention anything about him being there). He was one of the "main" characters in The Great Muppet Caper (I base this on the fact that he's with the gang as they attempt to defeat the jewel thieves, along with the fact that he was important enough to have his name in the credits), yet he also didn't have much spotlight there. There are quite a few group scenes where he's absent (often being the only main character absent), he's the only main character who's not shown in full-body form in the movie (I've read some posts where people claim to have seen him in full-body form during the credits, but I've watched closely many times and haven't seen any full-body shots of him), and he's the only member of the Electric Mayhem who's not in the bicycle scene. I've also seen quite a bit of GMC merchandise that he should have appeared in but didn't (especially merchandise that shwos the Muppets on the Happiness Hotel bus). And he hasn't been used in any new productions since 1992 (though I am thankful that Henson hasn't reused the puppet as a completely new character in any of it's later productions).

But after Lips, Zoot probably has the least spotlight, followed by Janice, then either Dr. Teeth or Floyd (hard to tell there), and then Animal, though during the Muppet Show days his spotlight was probably just a bit above Janice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, Dr. Teeth did talk to Zoot in the first three Muppet movies. And I forgot that Janice and Zoot did interract with each other regularly during the first season. And I think Dr. Teeth occassionally interracted with Animal. But otherwise it's Floyd talking with the band, and eahc band member just talking to Floyd and various non-members.