1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dr. Teeth and Janice

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by minor muppetz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Besides the At the Dance segment from the Teresa Brewer episode, have Dr. Teeth and Janice ever interracted?
  2. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Now that you say that i dont really think so. I dont even think they did much in any of the movies ethier.
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I hadn't thought of that either. Well I think if the Electric Mayhem had had their own movie or something, we would have seen more interaction. The way it was, they sort of needed to be treated as a unit and group to save time.
  4. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i always thought that out of all of the EM band that Dr. Theeth and Janice got the least spotlight if ya know what i mean.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah it always seems like Janice has to accompany Floyd in his songs, rather than do solos. Still, it's always cute to see. :sing: :flirt:
  6. travellingpat Active Member

Hmm that would have been interesting if they had talked...imagine all the lingo they would have used...their convorsations would have been wicked hard to understand haha
  7. BEAR Active Member

By interact, do you mean speak directly to each other? If so, then I don't recall them ever either. I always kind of paired them up as Floyd with Janice, and Dr. Teeth with Zoot and Animal just being the other guy. Dr. Teeth and Zoot seemed to have buddied a lot.
  8. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. But right now, I realised that Floyd seems to be the one who interracts with other members of the band the most. The others (excluding Lips, who never spoke to anybody) just talk to Floyd, and rarely with the others. In the openign number for the Rudolph Nureyev epsidoe, Dr. Teeth and Floyd have a conversation, and Janice doesn't even join in on their conversation.
  9. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Actualy, Lips gets the least spotlight (it helps if casual fans are hardly aware that he exists). He's hardly appeared on any merchandise (posters, books, puzzles... and many other obscure characters have appeared in a lot more merchandise, whetehr illustrated or not... I don't know if it's too hard for illustrators to draw him), and even when he was used the most, he wasn't. He only appeared in a handful of episodes during the last season of The Muppet Show, and only appeared whenever a trumpet player was needed (he wasn't with the band in the Paul Simon episode). He was absent from many of the early 1980s Muppet specials (I can't remember if he appeared in The Muppets Go to the Movies, but I'm guessing that he doesn't, since Muppet Wiki doesn't mention anything about him being there). He was one of the "main" characters in The Great Muppet Caper (I base this on the fact that he's with the gang as they attempt to defeat the jewel thieves, along with the fact that he was important enough to have his name in the credits), yet he also didn't have much spotlight there. There are quite a few group scenes where he's absent (often being the only main character absent), he's the only main character who's not shown in full-body form in the movie (I've read some posts where people claim to have seen him in full-body form during the credits, but I've watched closely many times and haven't seen any full-body shots of him), and he's the only member of the Electric Mayhem who's not in the bicycle scene. I've also seen quite a bit of GMC merchandise that he should have appeared in but didn't (especially merchandise that shwos the Muppets on the Happiness Hotel bus). And he hasn't been used in any new productions since 1992 (though I am thankful that Henson hasn't reused the puppet as a completely new character in any of it's later productions).

But after Lips, Zoot probably has the least spotlight, followed by Janice, then either Dr. Teeth or Floyd (hard to tell there), and then Animal, though during the Muppet Show days his spotlight was probably just a bit above Janice.
  10. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, Dr. Teeth did talk to Zoot in the first three Muppet movies. And I forgot that Janice and Zoot did interract with each other regularly during the first season. And I think Dr. Teeth occassionally interracted with Animal. But otherwise it's Floyd talking with the band, and eahc band member just talking to Floyd and various non-members.
  11. karamazov80 New Member

It is kind of strange that the band is "Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem," and yet Floyd was probably the most interactive with the other Muppets. After Animal, he would probably be the most recognizable member of the group to a casual fan.
  12. Gonzo14 Active Member

I'd say here's the order of the band from most known, to least known

Animal (easily the most featured with and without the band, everyone knows him)

Floyd (appeared by himself in many backstage scene and seems to be the band's spokesperson most of the time)

Janice (she isn't featured to hevily with the band much, usually just background vocals and a few solos, but she's higher up because of Vet's Hospital)

Dr. Teeth (even though the band is called "Dr. Teeth and the electric mayhem", he is rarely seen without the band, and doesn't interact much with others)

Zoot (he speaks the least of any of them, exept Lips, he is pretty recognizable because of his Sax playing, and he does interact with other muppets more, he's still probably the least known)

Lips (only with the band in 2 movies, a few specials, and some Muppet Show episodes, most people just think of it as a 5 member band. He hasn't been seen in the last 15 years, and in the muppets at walt disney world, he's only seen during the song, then disappears)
  13. heralde Well-Known Member

Actually in the movies Janice often ended up having more little moments than the other members (except maybe Animal).
  14. peyjenk New Member

Dr. Teeth got a few solos throughout TMS. I'm thinking "Poison Ivy", "Money", and "Cheesecake" (although he was joined by some monsters for that one).

I think Zoot was featured pretty well during the movies and TMS, but since he doesn't speak much, he isn't very memorable... especially to non-fanatics (read: people not like us).
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

You would think Zoot isn't very popular with non fanatics. But I've talked to a couple non-fanatic people who didn't know his name but love his um..."out of it" attitude. Lol
  16. karamazov80 New Member

I had a jazz guitarist friend in college who liked him the most b/c he was the most like a real jazz musician (watch those guys on Conan O'Brien, which Electric Mayhem guy do they most resemble?).
  17. SgtGonzoPepper New Member

If they have a new muppet movie or tv show they better have all the members back in the spot light. i miss them:sing:
  18. karamazov80 New Member

They will probably keep creating new characters like Pepe the Prawn, or Clifford, or some other garbage like that. . .but it doesn't bother me to much. So far, in my opinion, of course, any post-Henson Muppet related film or TV work is just not worth watching. I think that Muppets in Space has been the nadir so far, but it could get even worse.
  19. ryhoyarbie Active Member

I never really did see Janice and Dr. Teeth talking to one another during TMS or the movies.

Both, and Zoot, seemed to interact the least with Kermit and the rest of the gang for some reason. Although in the Brooke Shields episode Dr. Teeth was backstage with Floyd, Fozzie, and Gonzo singing a song.

That's about the only time you'll see Dr. Teeth backstage.
  20. peyjenk New Member

Well, he does appear backstage fairly often; as a group with the other musicians, or going on or coming off stage. But you are right, I don't remember many times where he talked, sang or any other way interacted with the others.

Was he part of the group that threatened to quit in the Kaye Ballard episode? I know Janice wasn't there, but instead that purple horn-blower lady, but I don't remember if Dr. Teeth was or not.