1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dr. Teeth and Janice

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by minor muppetz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

Dr. Teeth was one of the band members who wanted to quit but he never said anything

2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That is something I wonder about too. Why wasn't Janice involved with that plot? She was a member of the band at the time. Was it established that she really quit? If not, why didn't she play the end theme with Rowlf? I guess Janice had to have been away for some time so she'd have time to take 'valley girl' lessons and acquire that famous accent that she's had since season 2. Lol.

3. SgtGonzoPepper

well janice wasnt a member of the orchastra pit band but then again neither was dr. teeth!

4. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Just one big silly lack of continuity. :)

I think part of it is that most of the Muppets were not yet established as specific characters. I don't mean "not established" only in terms of what the audience knew them as, but also the writers and performers didn't quite have a handle on many of them at that time, either.

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's a bit funny to think that in the Kaye Ballard episode, Dr. Teeth didn't talk, but Zoot and Trumpet Girl, two characters who don't speak much, had lines.

6. minor muppetz

It's a bit hard to determine who was quitting, the Electric Mayhem or the orchestra. At the time Janice wasn't part of the orhcestra, and all of the orhcestra members except for Rowlf and Crazy Harry (who was only part of the orhcestra in the openign and closing, but never in any actual episodes or sketches) were planning on quitting. The band also wear their tuxedos, which they wore as part of the orchestra, yet Dr. Teeth was one of the musicians planning on quitting, and he wasn't part of the orchestra. And Trumpet Girl was there, yet she was a member of the orhcestra but not a member of the Electric Mayhem.

7. SgtGonzoPepper

Lets just leave it as a script continuity problem

8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well...Janice always got her moment in the, um, limelight. From "Look Mother..." to "...artistic..." But she was usually talking to herself.

Although the band is technically "Dr Teeth's" (Tooth? Teeths just feels wrong to write.) Floyd was the glue that stuck it together. He was the guy who handed out intro's in TMM and he was the one who came up with the idea of ancklin' over the theme tune.

As for Janice and Dr Teeth interaction, well, she was with Zoot in the First Season, Floyd in the second, she's been chased by Animal...who hasn't she 'interacted' with?

9. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

theyve interacted

Actually Dr. Teeth did interact with Janice in the Petula Clarke Muppet Show episode. They were dance partners in At the Dance

Janice: Oh wow, I really love being in your arms!
    Dr. Teeth: Yeah me too! (His arms are wrapped around both of them)

10. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

It seems that the only member of The Electric Mayhem she hasn't interacted with is Lips.

11. minor muppetz

I thought I mentioned that as the only example of them interracting that I know of.

(goes back to first post)

Oops, I mistakenly mentioend the Teressa Brewer "at the dance" spot.

D'oh! :eek:

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That would probably be because it's one of Jerry's few recurring characters. plus Jim was usually busy backstage with Kermit.

13. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

Yeah. really Jerry was the only actor who didn't have a backstage character other than floyd. Jim had Kermit, Frank had Fozzie and Piggy, Richard had Scooter and Dave had Gonzo.

Dr. Teeth and Zoot speak in the Great Muppet Caper about how Zoot has no other pants.

14. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Even though Floyd was the one in the band that talked to Kermit and the others the most, it would be kind of weird, since he seemed to be more in the spotlight more so than the rest of the band, for the band to be called Floyd and the Electric Mayhem.

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem seems better!;)

15. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Who could possibly forget those awkward silences in GMC and MTM?
    or this scene from MFC?:
    Janice: [bringing out a basket of Christmas cookies] Hey, everybody, look what I've got: Christmas cookies!
    Cookie Monster: COOKIE!
    [gobbles up the whole basket, as Animal watches in amazement]
    Cookie Monster: Oh, thank you!
    Janice: Who was that strange blue creature?
    Animal: Dat my kinda fella, Ahahahahaha!

16. Gelfling Girl

This may sound like a weird question, but when was she chased by Animal?
    :halo::flirt:

17. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

In Lynda Carter Episode that Dr.Teeth and the band rescued Janice from the evil pigs cannibals

18. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Lips is everywhere, you just gotta know where to look. Lol. He's in a background monitor of the Jim Henson Hour below Zoot, maybe showing Zoot's the better musician? Who knows, maybe Lips will be back for this movie. He's appeared in Muppets take Manhattan, GMC, Muppet Xmas Carol, Muppet Family Christmas, and Muppets go to Disney.

I think Lips was replaced abit by Clifford in MGWDW, as Kevin Clash, who was on and off preforming Elmo at the time, didn't really have any other character, besides Leon, who wouldn't really fit the Muppet MAIN group.

Anyways... Dr.Teeth and Janice interacted twice, not counting the Muppet Show episode.

Dr.Teeth: EXTERIOR DESERT NIGHT, we knew right where you were.
    Janice: Lyke, can you get behind it?

Janice: With RUUUL gewd music and organic refreshments...
    Dr.Teeth: It'll be so fine, laid back, mellow and prophitable.

And in Muppet Caper.
    Janice: Wait till I tell the guys in the band!
    Zoot: Tell us what!
    Floyd: Yeah, whats going down?
    Janice: Kermit is going on a date with lady holiday!
    Dr.Teeth: LADY HOLIDAY! AAAWRIGHT!

19. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Janice also seems to have a thing for Gonzo. She tells HIM when she walked around a beach naked, when someone tried to get her clothes off, and even kissed him in the Melissa episode after When Ever I call you Friend.

20. Gelfling Girl

Janice and Gonzo? If I didn't go back and watch that music number on Youtube, I would have never believed it.

Of course, in my opinion, it would very be cute if she was dating Animal. :flirt::halo: