Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I put it like this....I find it easy to spend £50 on a night out, you know a nice dinner, drinks and a cab home. So if I had to sacrifice 3 nights out to get Gonzo or whoever comes next then count me as a hermit for a while!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
£150 isn't particularly expensive for something that size and with that much work in it. As far as I am concerned he is easily worth every penny. If they continue with the quality for similar prices I will be more than happy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you really thing that he is a lot of money for what he is.....I guess here in the UK £150 for him doesnt seem that much when you consider the costs of bloody everything here!
Well of course I think $400 is a lot of money! :wink:

I understand the expense of making these, the materials, the quality, the exclusivity, the cool factor of owning a Muppet etc. Even though these are factory produced, I consider them to be worth much more, but I'm not talking about all of that.

$400 is still a heck of a lot of money for most people. Even the most dedicated of Muppet fans. I know many huge fans that have to pass on these because of the hefty price tag. That's the difficulty in bringing these to market.

I'm glad Gonzo is in the $300 range rather than Animal expensive. But even so the price makes him a hard sell. We often are too close to the issue on the forum, but even in a limited edition the majority of collectors find these items to be cost prohibitive. :eek:

These are a hefty investment that I believe to be worth it. I feel bad for fans that really want these but can’t get them because they have to pay “little things” like rent, utilities and groceries. I’m not complaining, just putting this in perspective.

Not much really can be helped about the price point; therefore Master Replicas needs to be sharp in the marketing department. I think we all know the dreadful pictures on their website aren’t helping. Maybe they’re shaking things up now with some new people. Let’s hope these keep selling for years to come. I’ll sell organs on EBay if I have to. :crazy:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Well of course I think $400 is a lot of money! :wink:

I understand the expense of making these, the materials, the quality, the exclusivity, the cool factor of owning a Muppet etc. Even though these are factory produced, I consider them to be worth much more, but I'm not talking about all of that.

$400 is still a heck of a lot of money for most people. Even the most dedicated of Muppet fans. I know many huge fans that have to pass on these because of the hefty price tag. That's the difficulty in bringing these to market.

I'm glad Gonzo is in the $300 range rather than Animal expensive. But even so the price makes him a hard sell. We often are too close to the issue on the forum, but even in a limited edition the majority of collectors find these items to be cost prohibitive. :eek:

These are a hefty investment that I believe to be worth it. I feel bad for fans that really want these but can’t get them because they have to pay “little things” like rent, utilities and groceries. I’m not complaining, just putting this in perspective.

Not much really can be helped about the price point; therefore Master Replicas needs to be sharp in the marketing department. I think we all know the dreadful pictures on their website aren’t helping. Maybe they’re shaking things up now with some new people. Let’s hope these keep selling for years to come. I’ll sell organs on EBay if I have to. :crazy:
$400 ! Wow.......its expensive in the US. He equates to around $300 for us in the UK. Thats a tad unfair for you guys.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
$400 ! Wow.......its expensive in the US. He equates to around $300 for us in the UK. Thats a tad unfair for you guys.
I know plenty of people that passed on Kermit because of the $200 pricetag. I mean that is expensive, but understandable. Many just don't get what it takes to make these things or how cool they actually look! Those are areas where Master Replicas could improve.

I don't see why Master Replicas doesn't post a little of the background about making these with a couple of snap shots (not giving away trade secrets, of course) and also post some better photos to accompany the Muppets product page!

That could easily clear things up and increase sales. No huge marketing campaign required, just a spit-shine in the public relations tools they are already using...badly. This is such a kick-A product! It really is.

There's no pleasing some people and many aren't willing to part with more than $150 bucks for an item such as these, but I believe some better informed potential customers will pay a high $2-400 premium if given the facts.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
So no more news, I hope we see something within the next 2 weeks. So does anyone know when MR are expected to get Gonzo to the customer? It cant be long.

According to Amy, They have two more weeks of production and then six weeks of shipping so it would be right around the end of February or the beginning of March sometime. I'm excited! :concern:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Woohoo for Gonzo! You actually put some support behind him.

Likeness shouldn't enter into the decision making with this item. Cost I can understand. :halo:
Basically comes down to...being a Student, discovered I had a spare(ish) £150 that I could put into a camera, towards a sat-nav, or into Animal or Gonzo...and went fr Gonzo because, personally, I fell he'll work better with Kermit. Down the line, if Animal is still selling and I discover some other extra pieces of money, I'll definatly look into getting him because I know as soon as he is in a room no one will be able to keep their eyes off him. But I could only really get one or the other at this point.

Plus...saving for Fozzie is another thought :stick_out_tongue:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I am so looking forward to getting Fozzie. I don't know where the heck I will put him tho!

doc hopper

Reaction score
I've run out of room in my house and have resorted to hanging things from my ceilings.

Status
Not open for further replies.