"Elmo's Christmas Countdown" - December 23rd on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Maybe it's because of the Sopranos appearance (which I have no intention of watching, even if I watch the rest of the show. :smile: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
Advertisements have started to air on ABC in reguards to the special. So far it looks pretty cute.

But they really waited till the last minute for this one. Like the day before the day before Christmas. Surprised they didn't air it back in November and then had an encore by now... Like Shrek or Charlie Brown.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The 23rd huh? Hmm...I'm probably going to be wondering until the last minute whether I'll tune in. Not trying to be a downer, but it is a conflict for me. I will think about it though. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Probably so people will see it. So much gets missed on PBS by most of the country, but ABC gets eyeballs watching. Not saying that's a good thing. Plus it can ultimately direct more traffic to PBS' regular Sesame program. That and ABC will probably provide more of a budget for the production. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wonder why ABC is showing it and not PBS like it should be?
Why should SS be delegated soley to PBS? I mean, had they made a prime time major network (big three, plus Fox) 35th anniversary show like they should have, I bet they would have done something much better than they had.

The 23rd huh? Hmm...I'm probably going to be wondering until the last minute whether I'll tune in. Not trying to be a downer, but it is a conflict for me. I will think about it though
I find it pretty ironic that they actually decided to run a new special close to Christmas, and not in the second week of November, like they usually do. I kinda find it refreshing that there's Christmas programming that close to Christmas. And not reruns of stupid sitcoms or random game shows or anything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not so sure I want to watch this...

I mean, I originally read that it was going to be mostly about Elmo AND Abby Cadabby, plus a heavy dose of the others like Big Bird, Ernie and Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Count, etc.

Now I'm looking at Muppet Wiki and seeing it's called ELMO'S Christmas Countdown, and seeing the previews on ABC, and all I saw was Elmo. I didn't even see the street, I just saw what look like a drawing on a snow-covered 123 in the background with Elmo smack dab in front of the camera cheering.

But, I being the true Sesame Street/Muppet fan that I am, I will watch this, and I will make an effort to tape it... but if I don't like it, then I won't probably watch it a whole lot after that.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Why should SS be delegated soley to PBS? I mean, had they made a prime time major network (big three, plus Fox) 35th anniversary show like they should have, I bet they would have done something much better than they had.

Why not?

PBS carries the show and usually when a show is seen on a certain network and there's a special epsidoe reguarding that series, usually that same netork carries that special.

Status
Not open for further replies.