"Elmo's Christmas Countdown" - December 23rd on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now THAT was funny... that was funny, it really was!

Looks more like they should be playing the other role than they're actually playing...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHAHA! Oh my GOSH! That clip was AWESOME! Oh wow! I was never unsure about not watching this, always planned on it, but now I'm SUPER thrilled about it! WOOT! Can't wait!

Drtooth

Reaction score
that is just cute. I mean, I wanted to see this before anyway, but now I really want to. That looks just great.

Once again, praying for an uncut DVD release (uncut as in they have the celebrity rights and residuals to songs all worked out, etc.) because my ABC comes in way too fuzzy to tape. heck, I can't even plug the VCR in or ABC doesn;t come in at all.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow that was preety funny i think it will be great.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! That was funny. Can't wait to see it now. Snowthy ran the thing to me thought Myspace and i just enjoyed it. Oh i just can't wait to see more and how everything comes out. I also think it's funny to see what's his face with Bert's unibrow. Now that's comedy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I will be watching. I can understand why the Sopranos actors could be seen as offensive in many respects, but I think they're funny here and not promoting gangster behavior. And the Sopranos program has ended. I laughed at this clip - a lot! :embarrassed:

Some regular PBS watchers don't realize how little of the country watches the channel. It's unfortunate. I even forget about it sometimes, but I mainly watch movies and series DVD sets. But when I flip around to PBS there's usually something worth watching in the line up. That's what makes an ABC special a good idea. It will help steer traffic to PBS and its other programming as well. That and fewer people would know of the special if it weren't on one of the main four networks. :sympathy:

I still am offended that Elmo keeps stamping his name over the Sesame brand. It's embarrassing. Elmo needs to tone it down. Sesame Workshop should really take it easy on all the Elmo obnoxiousness before it reaches Barney territory. I happen to think Kevin Clash is very talented, but come on - the furry red guy's narcissistic reign must end sometime. :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still am offended that Elmo keeps stamping his name over the Sesame brand. It's embarrassing. Elmo needs to tone it down. Sesame Workshop should really take it easy on all the Elmo obnoxiousness before it reaches Barney territory. I happen to think Kevin Clash is very talented, but come on - the furry red guy's narcissistic reign must end sometime. :grouchy:
But then again, Abby was the one with a Balloon, even Elmo didn't have that. But I agree. It really could be called Sesame Street Christmas Countdown... something like that. But to me, it seems that one was a marketting move, similar to them placing the special on a major network. More people will sadly tune in to Elmo's Christmas than Sesame's Christmas. Why? A lot of really young kids don't call it Sesame Street. They call it "I wanna see Elmo." or something. A shame and all, but I digress.

Though I do think it will be heavy handed towards celebs, and they'll take up more time than Elmo... but that's just me.

Wiseman

Reaction score
I will be watching this

I will be watching this when it comes to ABC.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I will be watching. I can understand why the Sopranos actors could be seen as offensive in many respects, but I think they're funny here and not promoting gangster behavior. And the Sopranos program has ended. I laughed at this clip - a lot! :embarrassed:

Well I do agree that this clip was not offensive, and I am very relieved. :smile:

Some regular PBS watchers don't realize how little of the country watches the channel. It's unfortunate. I even forget about it sometimes, but I mainly watch movies and series DVD sets.
I know, I do feel guilty because I do think PBS is a great network, but I don't watch it often enough.

I still am offended that Elmo keeps stamping his name over the Sesame brand. It's embarrassing. Elmo needs to tone it down. Sesame Workshop should really take it easy on all the Elmo obnoxiousness before it reaches Barney territory.
Same here! And I'm reminded of a quote from Joan Ganz Cooney from years ago where she said it was important that none of the characters become too popular and take the show hostage. Unfortunately, I think that has happened here. And again, he's a fine character, but the over exposure is not healthy for the show, and it's teaching kids to follow the pack and like the popular trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.