Your Animal Replica Pictures

MWoO

Reaction score
I cant help but take pics ( even if its with my rubbish phone....the wife still has the camera! ).
Here are some more pics. I have found that the flatter the hair goes the better he looks. Id still love some arm and leg spike for him, lets hope MR release them as an add on. Just think guys, this time next yr we will have 4 of these!:concern: & :embarrassed: and if we make enough hints to MR and Terry hopefully :wink: !
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/box.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/animalandKermit2.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/animalandKermit.jpg
Im gonna go and find some old drumsticks in my attic and give him those!
Woah...that's certainly an improvement. The odd thing is that the white eye covers make his eyes look closer together when they are wide open. Seems that is why they didn't put them closer together.

Dang, now with these pics I want him again....

Luke

Reaction score
Honestly, it's all in their marketing of Animal. They don't say this Animal comes with it, they say he has it in his "real life" for our protection. No where in the actual product description do they say he comes with a collar & chain.
I stand corrected, it had me fooled reading it through quickly this morning because of the chain mention. :halo:

The photos people are showing after playing around with him a bit are looking a lot better.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Is anyone tempted to colour the white bits of plstic that are around his eyes ( the bit where the eye lashes are attached ) as it looks a little off......has anyone done this?

If I knew what type of fur it is, I would put that on it, but I am going to go to a hobby store and get a flat black model paint marker and color that in if I cannot find the fur.

Oh yeah, here is my pictures of ANIMAL!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/IMG_0003Small.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/IMG_0005Small.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/IMG_0006Small.jpg

Enjoy!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey....wait a minute...

The Master Replicas website and newsletter originally listed the inclusion a collar and chain for this Animal product. That feature was silently removed from their website description without explanation. It was there. It is gone now. :eek:

Changes nearly always occur from prototype to completion, but lifting out accessories that were advertised at the time people placed money down for it should warrant a heads-up. Especially at 400 bucks. I'm mainly just confused at why the decision was made. I'm also disappointed that we won't be getting the items with him. Honestly, I originally felt that was a lot to accompany him. I guess they felt that way too. I'll take the positive rout and believe they forgot to mention the change. :wink:

This is poser just keeps looking better and better like I thought he would. I never understood why, at least with the figures, people posed Animal all wide-eyed. He's rarely above a squint. Well, unless he sees a woman he's wooing. :halo:

MWoO

Reaction score
Well with the figures posing him at a squint looked kinda weird. Usually Animal will pop his eyes open when surprised, like if he's reacting to something he heard.

I will admit that these newer pictures look much better. I guess the first ones we saw were pics of him fresh out of the box which was the cause of his wet head look and when he is posed squinting you don't notice the eyes. Perhaps I jumped the gun here. He isn't as bad, though the eyes still bug me, especially since I like the wide eyed look. Also the lack of chain really bugs me since they were advertised as coming with him before. It's part of the outfit. He did go without them a lot though, but it screws up half of my display ideas.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
That's funny he's contradicting himself there then because in another quote he says the eyes are the most important part of a muppet and if something is off the entire character looks wrong and said it's very important.
It's not a contradiction. He never said to me that "eye focus" wasn't important, just that minor changes in the rebuilds aren't important. For instance, the Ernie after the original had kind a smashed head that was even more football shaped. It apparently didn't bother Jim. And the second generation Cookie Monster had a completely different shaped mouth. It went from being pliable and rounded to hard and almost duck-billed. But he didn't care about those changes.

:stick_out_tongue:

MWoO

Reaction score
but with the animal puppet we are talking about eye focus.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
but with the animal puppet we are talking about eye focus.
I can agree with you there. The thing is, Jim Henson's team of puppet builders would reportedly place the eye focus last in the process. There is a formula to measuring it, but I remember hearing somewhere that they'd still "eyeball" it and go with what looked right. However, I have seen some very poor eyefocus on real Muppet posers in photographs. Gonzo especially in some of his 80s images.

Also, in this Group Photo it appears that the poser Animal could have his eyes wider than normal. However, he's in the back and it's just a poser. The Gonzo's eye shape and focus look a little funky too.

MWoO

Reaction score
You just had to find the one animal poser with a wide eye gap. :-p

but really, hat pic should not be used as an example of muppet posers. They all look wonky in that one.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
You just had to find the one animal poser with a wide eye gap. :-p

but really, that pic should not be used as an example of muppet posers. They all look wonky in that one.
Ha! I was just going to write that you couldn't possibly deny that not only is there a gap between his eyes, but there is clearly black in between as well... and it's not his nose.

That's a terrible Kermit, too. The MR one is much better!

:stick_out_tongue: