Your Animal Replica Pictures

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great pictures Antony! Yours are truly some of the best Animal photos I've seen.

Just posted a new collar picture in another thread, but Here Goes.

Light trimming of the hair and a Sharpie for the seam is all that was required for this picture. Oh, and love too. I love my Animal good! (In a totally PG way, of course.) :halo:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Cool collar Jamie. I notice you have trimmed his beard as well! I have a weird PG love for Animal as well......am I weird for staring at him for ages, amazed by him?
By the way, I thought your review was fair and honest and I am pleased MR posted it.
Do you think you will do the same for Gonzo? If he looks like your Avatar then I will be pleased, I am just a little worried he wont. If he isnt and you write a not so glowing review, I wonder if MR will post that!

MWoO

Reaction score

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
How is it that your pics are so much better than all the others I've seen?:halo:
I dont know........well I do.....:smile: . I spend bloody ages tweaking hairs to make him look right. I am pleased with the way I have got Animal to look....compared to his fresh out of the box look. Its really nice to hear people say that so thanks a lot. I might have some luck in getting him to look right but I lack the skill with a camera! I need a bit of help with that.
The one thing I feel I have got right which I have found the hardest is his eye brows.
Thanks
Ant

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cool collar Jamie. I notice you have trimmed his beard as well! I have a weird PG love for Animal as well......am I weird for staring at him for ages, amazed by him?
By the way, I thought your review was fair and honest and I am pleased MR posted it.
Do you think you will do the same for Gonzo? If he looks like your Avatar then I will be pleased, I am just a little worried he wont. If he isnt and you write a not so glowing review, I wonder if MR will post that!
There’s no problem with loving your Animal. He just makes me happy! Never thought I’d be this pleased with him much less have my excitement increase daily. If that’s wrong then so be it. Muppets need to be worn-in. I guess that’s official now. :halo:

I think the review was a one-shot thing. I had no knowledge it would be used at MR, but am honored. I’m glad you liked it and saw the honesty and thought put into it. I will definitely post thoughts of Gonzo on the forum and read what others think too. You know, the Gonzo in my avatar doesn't exist. It's pieced together from different images to create a "new classic" look for him. Some like that, some don't. :concern:

Luke

Reaction score
About the collar/chains - the puppet has been seen recently with the chain. In "Muppet TV", the show made in France. Here is a pic -

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:TF1-MuppetsTV-PhotoGallery-44-Animal.jpg

You will notice that this Animal, and the one in the Muppets.com Wallpapers all look a lot like the Master Replicas Animal replica. The eyes, teeth, the slightly larger bags under the eyes, the amount of hair in certain places. I think with Puppet Heap now building the Muppets, the replicas are probably more based around the Puppet Heap designs rather than the classic Henson ones. The interview with the Master Replicas production guy for the Kermit review on MC pretty much said that there was a lot of involvment with Puppet Heap. Gonzo does seem a lot more based on Classic TMS though but the Muppets as we see them now are all a much more modernized design.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
About the collar/chains - the puppet has been seen recently with the chain. In "Muppet TV", the show made in France. Here is a pic -

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:TF1-MuppetsTV-PhotoGallery-44-Animal.jpg

You will notice that this Animal, and the one in the Muppets.com Wallpapers all look a lot like the Master Replicas Animal replica. The eyes, teeth, the slightly larger bags under the eyes, the amount of hair in certain places. I think with Puppet Heap now building the Muppets, the replicas are probably more based around the Puppet Heap designs rather than the classic Henson ones. The interview with the Master Replicas production guy for the Kermit review on MC pretty much said that there was a lot of involvment with Puppet Heap. Gonzo does seem a lot more based on Classic TMS though but the Muppets as we see them now are all a much more modernized design.
Maybe I'm a purest but I don't like the Puppet Heap versions. They seem too...anyway. I would genuinely prefer the Muppets of yester-year and believe it's what the fans would want. Let's face it, it's not going to be your casual fan that parts with $100's to get one of these replicas, they're dealing with the all out Muppet nuts here!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Wow...that pic looks just like the MR replica....good find. On another note, I just watched The Great Muppet Caper and noticed ANimal had his chain and collar on all the way through the movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Also if you go to the photo section of muppets.com the Animal photographs peppered through the selection reflect this modern poser's style. Everything except the eye shape, spacing and focus.