Another TV Land Outrage!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't even call them Scrooges. They're more like rich privillaged kids of rich parents who buy their kids a job at a network. Unfortunatley they have to stick to the "uncool" channels like Cartoon Network or TV Land. So they don't even care about the product. They all want to be working for ESPN or MTV or something hip. So they just care about the ratings. And no matter how they mess with them, they can't get the demographics they want. And you know why? Because the people they're trying to get as viewers are watching stuff a lot more interresting that Home makeover reruns and Sitcoms that used to be in syndication last year.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And plus, the generations of today--whom said corporations gear towards--don't even care about years past, it seems. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And plus, the generations of today--whom said corporations gear towards--don't even care about years past, it seems. :frown:
Well, a small percentage of those guys, yes. I think a large part of any number of generations cares about the classics. problem is, they don;t have the buying power of the small group. And it's that small group they want to please so they can keep buying "How I met your Mother" season DVD's that are made during the show's production. Heck, they're not even in syndicated reruns yet. I mean, certain things like Heroes, I agree to. And a lot of people just watch DVD's instead of the broadcast.

But what it all boils down to are the small group of hipsters.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Like those that pay more than a thousand dollars on E-Bay to get tickets to, say, Hannah Montana, who will fissle out in time.

MGov

Reaction score
And, of course, what can be done on the cheap to get ratings is usually done.
Actually, what would be cheapest to do would be to keep running "The Donna Reed Show", "Leave it to Beaver", "Car 54, Where are You?", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Bewitched", "The Brady Bunch" and all the other shows that have run a zillion times in syndication and on TVLand. The syndication price for the older shows would be next to nothing. But no matter how good the show is, people will stop watching eventually.

I love "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "M*A*S*H" and the black & white episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show". I've seen them all many, many times. Now, though, I'll only stop on those shows if it is an episode I really like (Barney and Floyd held hostage by the female convicts, 5:00 Charlie or the walnut episode *).

There are very few reruns that any TV station can run ad nauseam and still keep an audience, let alone stay in business.

*Footnote: Okay, almost any episode of "Dick Van Dyke" will get me to stop.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But no matter how good the show is, people will stop watching eventually.
Not if they're obsessed with it, they won't.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Hey, TV Land shows a great number of "I Love Lucy" episodes, and been though I've seen all of them a thousand times, that show is probably one of the best sitcoms of all time. In that day and age, nobody would have let a woman have her own show, but I give big credit to Lucille Ball for doing something that gutsy back in the 1950's.

I'm just surprised Nick at Night is showing George Lopez episodes. And all of those episodes were made within the last few years!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Nick at Nite has been showing recent shows as of the past few years now.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Yeah, but those shows like Home Improvement went off the air before 2000. I just think it's weird seeing the George Lopez Show, which started sometime in the early 2000's, on Nick at Night.