Another TV Land Outrage!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a demographic advertisers covet: 18 to 45 year olds obsessed with old TV shows.
And a lot of us would fall into that category in regards to our childhood memories, The Muppets included. But sadly, our Muppets have been hardly doing much since their last film, which didn't sell too well, IMO.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Do you mean theatrical as in MFS, or DVD relase of a movie as in MWoO?

Well personally I am upset at TV Land's neglect of the older shows, and cheap attempts at being modern. I like the fact that they're bringing back the Beverly Hillbillies, but dislike the fact that they're introducing it as something new that they're doing. That was the first place I ever saw the show, about 10 years or so ago! Well, maybe if we're lucky this will lead to the return of more classic shows.
As for the modern pop shows that are airing now, I'd say they do belong on TV Land...in 30 years or so!

Well, thank God for MASH, eh Snowthy?
:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that a good portion of what's wrong has to do with DVDs? You know... a lot of these old shows are on DVD now, and fans of any given series would just buy season sets or something?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that a good portion of what's wrong has to do with DVDs? You know... a lot of these old shows are on DVD now, and fans of any given series would just buy season sets or something?
You know, I think you're on to something. And companies can often bundle current shows with other contemporaries as a syndication package. It's all about the new - even with the old. :sleep:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know, because M*A*S*H, I Love Lucy, The Munsters, and The Brady Bunch, to name a few, are all out on DVD completely, and they're still on TV Land's regular schedule (though it seems like the latter two are taken off and put back on a lot).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

TV LAND IS ADDING [scrubs] AND Hogan's Heroes TO IT'S SUMMER LINE-UP THIS YEAR! ! !

Hogan's Heroes I can understand; it technically IS a classic sitcom (though I loathe it), but [scrubs]? ! Isn't that M*A*S*H-wannabe show still in production?

GAH! I CAN'T STAND THIS ANYMORE!

They ought to let me at their control booth, I know what the public wants: their continuing dose of I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver, The Beverly Hillbillies, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, M*A*S*H and The Andy Griffith Show, and the return of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres (on a regular basis), The Munsters (again, on a regular basis), and I'd even try to add some classic animation to the line-up as well like The Bullwinkle Show, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and due to current popularity, both The Alvin Show and Alvin and The Chipmunks (aka The Chipmunks, aka The Chipmunks Go to the Movies)!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scrubs isn't even over yet. But at least it's going to be over, unlike Extreme home makeover.

Greedy 20-30 somethings that were rich kids that got everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they expect the same results in business. People who want to be the heads of a "hip" network like MTV, or VH1- which neither even air music anymore!

Just remember that. That's why there's no market for cartoons anymore, that's why there's no variety, that's why the TV industry is losing to illegal downloads and piracy. No one knows what to do at their jobs anymore, and it effects everyone below them. I can't stress this enough.

travellingpat

Reaction score
scrubs is already airing on Comedy Central and STILL on NBC...its a great show, but do we really need it on three channels?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
scrubs is already airing on Comedy Central and STILL on NBC...its a great show, but do we really need it on three channels?
It ISN'T a "classic" sitcom, so it doesn't belong on TV Land. Neither does Just Shoot Me, but they're still airing it mostly because of David Spade. I'm surprised TV Land hasn't announced they're adding Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond to their schedule as well.