Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
When I made photo's of Animal and Kermit, I noticed that Animals shirt ties where sewn . I could not untie them due to the string around them. So what I had to do is slip the shirt off over his pants to take it off. I imagine that you can get the string off to untie the shirt, I just never wanted to do that. When I put the shirt back on, I had to take the pants off and he was nekkid, to put the shirt back on then put his pants back on again. WOW it was too much work. :halo:
There's so much to say, but I'm staying silent. He he.

I am still amazed by my Animal and Kermit replicas. They've never looked better! And if you've seen the new cover art for Muppet Show Season Three DVD coming this May, you will notice the depicted Fozzie poser pales in comparison to Terry's beautiful work. I actually made a crude mock-up of what I felt the cover art should be (although the set could come in a brown wrapper as long as I get the episodes) and used a low-res filtered version of Terry's MR prototype. It doesn't shine in this piece, but when sifting through my catalog of Fozzie images, his were the by far the best. Can't wait for him! :embarrassed:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I think this is an interesting point so wanted to highlight it, just how are people planning to preserve these? ...I guess while a lot of people will have them freely on display it's probably not a good idea to do that for years on end as nobody really knows for sure how the materials on these will stand the test of time, not even Master Replicas.
I keep a container of canned air handy right beside my MR Muppets display. Usually spray 'em down 2 or 3 times a month (we don't have a lot of dust in our house) and they're still beautiful. Kermits' joints are still very tight, as if he was right out of the box. Animals' joints have never been tight, but his joint strength has remained the same. I don't expect to have any trouble with my MR Muppets!

Fozzie is going to kick all kinds of... well, you know. I actually don't think they'll take up too much room. Once I get my final display built, there'll be lots of room within a fairly small space. Pics to come this summer...
:wink:
Anthony

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
There's so much to say, but I'm staying silent. He he.

I am still amazed by my Animal and Kermit replicas. They've never looked better! And if you've seen the new cover art for Muppet Show Season Three DVD coming this May, you will notice the depicted Fozzie poser pales in comparison to Terry's beautiful work. I actually made a crude mock-up of what I felt the cover art should be (although the set could come in a brown wrapper as long as I get the episodes) and used a low-res filtered version of Terry's MR prototype. It doesn't shine in this piece, but when sifting through my catalog of Fozzie images, his were the by far the best. Can't wait for him! :embarrassed:

What I was doing was putting a plain T-shirt on him for my Christmas cards. I just replaces his current shirt that came with him.

:halo:

Keeermit

Reaction score
I wonder if they would be able to fit fozzie in a slightly larger box? it would be cool if all the replicas would fit in the same size box because i think the boxes a great compliment to the replicas - i have both my replicas sitting on their boxes. Maybe fozzie is only filled with wadding and can be squashed in to the same box , as long as his head is squashed - i think that would be cool :embarrassed:
I'm sure fozzie is going to look AMAZING! i can't wait

pinocchio

Reaction score
For the amount of $ Fozzie is going to cost i don't thik there'll be too much box squashing involved.

Besides as he must contain a stong wire frame skellington to enable him to freely stand.

I Believe he'll be arriving in a much larger box than the first 3 replicas

P

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well since no one is really saying anything I like the body that's fine..but the shape of the head looks odd or his face looks smooshed or to flat or the eyes are in the wrong spot or something it's off just like Animals still is.
I really want to plop down my cash for these things but so far the only one I've had any intrest in is Kermit because he actully looks like the frog 100%
Oh well...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Which Fozzie do you mean?

Well since no one is really saying anything I like the body that's fine..but the shape of the head looks odd or his face looks smooshed or to flat or the eyes are in the wrong spot or something it's off just like Animals still is.
I really want to plop down my cash for these things but so far the only one I've had any intrest in is Kermit because he actully looks like the frog 100%
Oh well...
Terry has changed the eye ratio since the initial Convention photographs. Are those the ones you are referencing or is it the newest third/final attempt listed on the MR forum? :embarrassed:

Personally, I think the bear's the best so far if he comes out like the final attempt. :smile: It's a heck of a lot better than the preliminary art for the Season Three Muppet Show Set. I don't believe I've ever seen a Fozzie poser look like that cover art. :confused:

Luke

Reaction score
I keep a container of canned air handy right beside my MR Muppets display. Usually spray 'em down 2 or 3 times a month (we don't have a lot of dust in our house) and they're still beautiful.
Good idea. I think people should be doing something to maintain them. It's not the same as a plush toy and at this money people want them to last a long time. A monthly maintenance routine would probably pay off in the long run.

As for the Fozzie prototype, its near enough perfect for me!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
As for the Fozzie prototype, its near enough perfect for me!
Me, too. I can't think of one thing I would change. He's 100 times better than the poser they used for the "Muppets Take Manhattan" photos... and those were built by the original Henson workshop.

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Quick off-subject question: Is Rowlf's lower lip flush with his upper lip? Or is it set back a little like Fozzie's?

I agree with mostly everyone about Terry's Fozzie, he's beautiful! If China can really outdo themselves this time around it would be greatly appreciated by us crazies.
:big_grin: