Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I thought that was right, but wanted to make sure.
:smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Terry has changed the eye ratio since the initial Convention photographs. Are those the ones you are referencing or is it the newest third/final attempt listed on the MR forum? :embarrassed:

Personally, I think the bear's the best so far if he comes out like the final attempt. :smile: It's a heck of a lot better than the preliminary art for the Season Three Muppet Show Set. I don't believe I've ever seen a Fozzie poser look like that cover art. :confused:
Ah I didn't see those images since I don't go to that site..but they look much much much better now!
Gotta say though in these pics the body is now looking off but hey I'm more worried about the heads than bodies.
This fozzie is looking great now thanks for showing me the other photos.
Can't wait to see the final product I may just have to pick this one up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ah I didn't see those images since I don't go to that site..but they look much much much better now!
Gotta say though in these pics the body is now looking off but hey I'm more worried about the heads than bodies.
This fozzie is looking great now thanks for showing me the other photos.
Can't wait to see the final product I may just have to pick this one up.
I was thinking you hadn't seen the latest pictures. I didn't see that much of a problem with the Con pictures until Terry's final proto. I also agree with you on the body. Fozzie's weight appears to fluctuate between projects. Hope he doesn't end up like Kirsty Alley. :zany: I couldn't bear to see him on Jenny Craig ads. Get it...bear? Wocka, wocka! :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
Please god they don't mess up that Fozzie at the factory, i want it so much .... and that isn't usually like me.

Surely there's not much that can go wrong

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Please god they don't mess up that Fozzie at the factory, i want it so much .... and that isn't usually like me.

Surely there's not much that can go wrong

I remember Terry saying that he wrote a bible on making Fozzie to send to China in one of his post. Let,s hope that will work and they understand it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I remember Terry saying that he wrote a bible on making Fozzie to send to China in one of his post. Let,s hope that will work and they understand it.
It's usually standard that a product bible is made for factory production. Let's hope the factory has their A-talent on it. That's the rub!

In a factory situation it's kindo of like the difference bewtween a Ford Mustang and a Ford Pinto. It's all about the talent they put on it. :stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
But it's also up to the people at MR to know what's wrong with the China prototypes when they come back. Obviously, no one tried to close Animal's mouth or noticed the white lining under his eyebrows or realized that they had eyelids that moved, but couldn't be posed. I hope they do a better job at spotting the flaws on Fozzie.

With Gonzo, it was a completely different problem. It was not so much spotting the flaws as what material they were going to use and how were they going to manufacture it, something we still don't know the outcome to.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
But it's also up to the people at MR to know what's wrong with the China prototypes when they come back. Obviously, no one tried to close Animal's mouth or noticed the white lining under his eyebrows or realized that they had eyelids that moved, but couldn't be posed. I hope they do a better job at spotting the flaws on Fozzie.

With Gonzo, it was a completely different problem. It was not so much spotting the flaws as what material they were going to use and how were they going to manufacture it, something we still don't know the outcome to.

Well, if you remember Travis when he use to come on here, He was aware of the eyelid hinge problem and he said it was too late about that.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Well, if you remember Travis when he use to come on here, He was aware of the eyelid hinge problem and he said it was too late about that.
That's what he told me at Comic-Con, too. I asked him if it could be corrected on Gonzo and he said he'd look into it.

I wonder what ever happened to him.