The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm a huge Pearl Bailey fan... she was an amazing blues/gospel/jazz singer known for her "laziness" (part of her act and show biz personality). She was a short little lady, but packed a whole lotta dynamite into everything. She headlined a run of "Hello Dolly!" on Broadway in the 60s, as the very first black Dolly.

Jean Stapleton has done a ton of stuff, but she is known best of all for her portrayal of Edith Bunker on "All in the Family". Her trademark is her squeaky, squawky voice: "Aaaaaarchie!"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, as far as the seasons go, I'm looking forward to this one the most so far. The first season is great, but still sort of old fashioned and the characters aren't fully developed yet. The second season was better in that regard, and I enjoy it, but I don't watch most of the episodes over and over (of course there are exceptions, such as Steve Martin :smile: ).

The third season seems to be where a lot of the theme episodes began (Camelot, Robin Hood, etc) and the insanity we associate with The Muppets starts becoming more apparent (Gilda Radner episode, nuff said! Lol)

Basically to me, the first two seasons are them trying to become The Muppet Show, and the third is where it finally starts to click. :smile:

David French

Reaction score
Sayer and Coolidge were top recording artists of the 70's.

Miller was one of the biggest names in country music in the 60's. His most well-known hit is probably "King of the Road".

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Alrighty Then!

I was very excited to read this news, More Muppets please!
Some of my all time favorite episodes are here...Alice Cooper, Sylvester Stallone, Helen Reddy, Roger Miller (I believe this is the show where everyone turns into chickens!) and my absolute favorite show, Harry Belafonte! The extras sound great and I echo everyone's sentiments about not having to wait 2 more years for another Muppet Show set.

ploobis

Reaction score
There are some episodes from the third season that I have not seen yet, So I'm exited that I will finally get to see them! Here are the season three episodes that I have not seen yet.

1. Lorretta Lynn

2. Marisa Berenson

3. Helen Reddy

4. Spike Milligan

Those are the only episodes from season three I have not yet seen, So I can't wait!

:smile: "YYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!"

LStein

Reaction score
I know, I can't believe how soon this is (hopefully) going to be released. We've waited for Season Two for very long time and I hope it won't be the same way w/ Season Three. There are a lot of U.K. Spots that I haven't seen and hope it's unedited. Oh, well. :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: down two to go!
There are a lot of episodes that I haven't seen the U.K. Spot. (If anyone has these please, let me know!) Thank you so much!

49. Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge
50. Leo Sayer
51. Roy Clark
54. Jean Stapleton
58. Marisa Berenson
60. James Coco
61. Helen Reddy
63. Lesley Ann Warren
65. Spike Milligan

morthimmer

Reaction score
TMS Season 3 DVD price and a question about subtitles

Two questions:
1.- Does anybody knows why the price changed from the first week of selling in Amazon? I ordered when the cost was $27.99 and the day after till now the price is higher, almost $36. I hope that they send me the fur edition and not the normal one (like in the first season) for paying a cheaper price.

2.- Does anybody knows if the songs on this 3rd season will be subtitled like on the season 1 edition and not like the 2nd one? I speak spanish and I can understand the dialogs but not all the songs lyrics.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
More details on the bonus features!

You asked for it... I've got it... even more details on the bonus features!

Aside from the 24 episodes, the DVD will include hours of bonus features - including a vintage television special ("The Muppets on Puppets"), two brand-new documentaries ("A Frog is Born" and "A Company of Players"), original Muppet commercials, and much more!
Hey Greg, do you know if the Making of the Muppets documentary is new or is that the "Of Muppets and Men" doc from 1980?
The previously announced "The Making of the Muppets" is actually TWO brand-new behind the scenes featurettes... the first is entitled "A Frog is Born" and studies the origins of Kermit the Frog and the second is entitled "A Company of Players" and looks at the cast of puppeteers that brought the Muppets to life. :excited:

ploobis

Reaction score
You asked for it... I've got it... even more details on the bonus features!

Aside from the 24 episodes, the DVD will include hours of bonus features - including a vintage television special ("The Muppets on Puppets"), two brand-new documentaries ("A Frog is Born" and "A Company of Players"), original Muppet commercials, and much more!The previously announced "The Making of the Muppets" is actually TWO brand-new behind the scenes featurettes... the first is entitled "A Frog is Born" and studies the origins of Kermit the Frog and the second is entitled "A Company of Players" and looks at the cast of puppeteers that brought the Muppets to life. :excited:
OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!

Now I can't wait for the DVD set even more then I couldn't wait for it before!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm thrilled about "Muppets on Puppets" and the commericals. I'll be cautiously thrilled about the new documentaries until I see them. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.