The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
So it's TRUE? Oh my GOSH! I think I'm going to cry now. Pinch me! Someone pinch me!

I hope there's a return of Muppet Morsels, but even if there isn't I AM SO HAPPY! :excited:

I'm going to go tell everyone I know now.

matleo

Reaction score
Woohoo! Very excited!

Hey Greg, do you know if the Making of the Muppets documentary is new or is that the "Of Muppets and Men" doc from 1980?

--Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this great news and on such a horribly rainy day outside. I probably won't even notice anything but the Muppet theme humming in my head all day!

The cover art, well...I was expecting Fozzie to be peeking out from behind his TMS logo-filled hat kind of like this, but this will do. It's a little easier for their graphic designer. Not wild about the poser either, but who cares? I want these episodes! It doesn't appear to have Muppetisms included and that might upset some fans. I never cared for them, but I appear to be greatly outnumbered in that thinking. :embarrassed:

Just so happy to get this.

(just noticed that the logo says 2 not 3 in my mock-up...um...oops)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*EXPLODES!*

*falls over*

*EXPLODES!*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

THIS IS HUGE! Ohmigosh ohmigosh ohmigosh! I can't believe it! THIS. IS. AWESOME! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*ahem* Now then, let's be civilized...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
See, I thought and was hoping so. Let's hope this is a sign that Disney has ironed out any rights wrinkles for future releases and plans to keep plugging away.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Wow without even time to think about it it's here!:smile: That's amazing! May will come fast! Wow....I wonder what Muppets they will use in the DVD Menu's? Hopefully some Gonzo and Miss Piggy with Kermit!

Hi Jamie, Muppetisms as in the Muppet Morsels is what you are talking about right? lol because i don't care to have those Odyssey Channel Muppet ad's again when they've been released on Muppet DVD's and the Party Cruise video game in the past. Really cool news, very unexpected to find it coming out so soon!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm very excited to finally get a pristine copy of "The Muppets on Puppets". I just hope it's the original B&W version and not the remade color version which wasn't as good.

:stick_out_tongue:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The cover art, well...
I should let you know that the artwork is not final and it could be "subject to change" without notice. And as we saw with the season 2 set, the designers like to tweak and change the artwork.

do you know if the Making of the Muppets documentary is new or is that the "Of Muppets and Men" doc from 1980?
I don't think so, but to be honest I don't know – the people I talked with weren't able to give me much information on it (they didn't personally produce the set, nor have they seen the content, and even they had watched it I don't know if they would know). The product listing they received (and shared with me) included a documentary entitled "The Making of The Muppets" as the first bonus feature on the set. It sounds like it could be a 100% entirely new documentary (it could be that documentary/retrospective originally produced for Season 1), or it could something edited together using mainly footage from older docs with some new material, or it could be (as you suggest) "Of Muppets and Men" under a new name, or it could be some other older doc under a different name, or they could be splitting "Of Muppets and Men" up into three parts (to spread out across seasons 3, 4 and 5), or it could be something else. I don't know. I think we'll have to wait until a fan gets their hands on the set to answer any specific questions about what this documentary holds.

I hope there's a return of Muppet Morsels.
The Muppet Morsels pop-up trivia track will not be on this set. The first season had a different producer and when they switched to the new guys for season 2 (one of the reasons for the big gap between seasons 1 & 2) the Muppet Morsels were one of the things that didn't survive. The current producers don't plans to bring them back (apparently the were very costly and time-consuming to produce. And, aside from the real hard-core fans, most consumers didn't really care about them). It's sad to see them go, but understand their desire to let them go (plus it means they can pump out these sets quicker...which they are doing now).

*falls over*
*EXPLODES!*
Um…clean up on aisle 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.