1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TimmyMonsterIL, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hooray for TimmyMonster for finding the first news on this! Can't wait.
  2. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Your mock-up blows theirs out of the water Jamie! Awesome. Hopefully they'll see this (or maybe they're considering a few different covers like last time, a vote on Muppets.com again?) or at the very least get a pic of a better poser.
  3. Baby Gonzo Member

I enjoyed the Muppet Morsels, but I am just really happy these DVDs are being released at all! So there are no complaints from me!
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks, this is just the pose I thought they'd have because there's just more personality to it. The other looks like a poser.

I hope they alter it a little. As stated, I'd get it in a brown paper bag as long as it has the episodes! LOL!

Fixed the link. I was thinking season four should have something similar with Gonzo playing his horn straight-on so that the logo filled the round end.

Shame about the morsels. Many fans really wanted those. Even non-fans if you check the Amazon reviews.
  5. Java Active Member

6. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Oh... my... god...

ALREADY! Yes! This is great! I hope it's uncut again. Can't wait for this release.
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Great news! :)

I am definitely disapointed, but I do understand the reasons. I can imagine them being very costly, and I know my less hard core friends weren't that interested in them. But it's still a great shame.

But anyway, it's great that they're still continuing the sets. I hope they see fit to include Of Muppets and Men at some point. While the non hard core fans don't want to see the morsels, I'm not as crazy about seeing new documentaries. Of course I can't judge until I see it. :)
  8. ploobis Well-Known Member

This is the best news I've read all week! I had a feeling that Fozzie would make the cover of the next Muppet show DVD set. :o

One thing thats really surprising to me is that "The Muppet On Puppets" 1968 special is gonna be a bonus feature! Thats SO AWESOME!

I wonder what Muppet characters will be in the disc menues? :confused: Maybe Gonzo & Rizzo or Kermi & Piggy. Who ever they use, it's still gonna be a great set!

I'm buying it the very day it comes out! ;) I can not wait!
  9. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Well I'm glad to see the sets are continuing. And hopefully uncut as well. But I'll take it as it may have to come depending upon the music rights availability.
    One thing's fersure though. I won't ever be watching my season one set with the pop-up trivia fact ever again.

I am sorry if I seem to be pouting. I'm not really, though I am disappointed.
    All I'm saying is that personally I prefer to pretend that the Muppet Morsels never happened, so that my Muppet Show DVD's will feel as if they really belong together as part of a matching set.
  10. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This is great news. You know, tonight, before dinner, I prayed that this set would be announced soon, and the announcement was amde on the night I prayed for the official announcement to be made (I also prayed that Sesame Street: Old School Volume 3 would be announced soon... maybe tomorrow?:) )

I am so glad that The Muppets on Puppets is included. I don't know if I ever thought of that as a possible bonus feature (I might have after I heard of the season two disc contents). And it's so great that this time the set will be reelased in may instead of august (I wonder if season four will be released before the year ends).

I wonder if The Making of the Muppets will be a straight-forward documentary, or if it will be a mockumentary (as in the Muppets give a behind-the-scenes look at the show from their universe), or if it will be a little of both (many real Muppet documentaries have featured the Muppets being interviewed in character). I wonder if this will be all-new, or if maybe it was produced long ago and we don't know about it until now (just like with The Muppets on the Muppets).

Since Beauregard debuted in season 3, it would be great if he hosted the menus. Or, considering the writers strike, maybe there won't be any video menus.
  11. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I didn't know that it also exists in color. I thought it was just produced in black and white. If a color version exists, I'd be surprised if it was computer-colorized (heck, I'd be surprised if this special was ever rebroadcast after 1970).
  12. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Was the re-made colour version what was included on Season 2?
    Or is this something totally different?
  13. Erine81981 Active Member

*cleans up aisle 3* There we go. Now as you were.....*overs hears on the intercom* Muppet Show Season 3 coming this soon? Oh my gosh! *faints and spills all the of the remaining peices of Ryan*
  14. heralde Well-Known Member

Aw, that's so sad! Well I do understand how you feel definitely. But for my part I still put the morsels on every single time I watch the first Season. It makes the whole experience more interactive, and let's face it, that's where the media is going. And I'm happy for that. :)

That's cool if "Muppets on Puppets" will be included. I saw the black and white version at The Museum of TV and Radio, it's a true treasure. Hopefully we'll know soon just what version will be on the new DVD.
  15. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's different. The Muppets on the Muppets was a feature on season two, produced around 1999 but not available to the public until 2007. The Muppets on Puppets was a special made back in 1968, and first broadcast in 1970. The titles are similar, but they are different.
  16. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the feature is called The Making of the Muppets, not The Making of The Mupet Show. I wonder if that would have info on the movies, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and Muppets TV included.
  17. ploobis Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Making Of The Muppets feature is gonna be likr too. :confused:

But I'm sure it's still gonna be AWESOME! ;)
  18. ploobis Well-Known Member

This is so cool that we are finally getting the 3rd season of The Muppet Show! We get own the season that introduced the following Muppet characters.

1. Beauregard

2. Lew Zealand

3. Annie Sue

4. Fletcher Bird

5. Gladys The Cafe Lady

6. Bobby Benson's All Baby Band

7. Louis Kazagger

8. Sopwith The Camel

9. The Penguins

And many more......

This is the season that starts the series of the recuring sketches of "Bear On Patrol". Also, This is the season where Steve Whitmire first joins the Henson Company! :)
  19. Telly Active Member

YAY! I noticed it said "Special Edition" and not "Complete Season". That makes me wonder...
  20. Was Once Ernie New Member

"The Muppets on Puppets" was one program in a series called "Adventure in the Arts" (I believe... I may be wrong on the overall title). I'm not sure about years, but I can definitely tell you that the B&W version WAS rebroadcast after 1970. I worked at a Public Television network from 1971 - 1975 and that is where I first saw it. That is also where I saw the remake in color. It was not computer colorized as that technology didn't exist at the time. They completely reshot the show in color, but it wasn't identical and it wasn't as good. I don't remember why it wasn't as good now since it's been over 30 years since I saw it, but I very distinctly remember that the color one wasn't as good. Anyway, I'm thinking that if it's the 1968 version, then it's probably the original B&W.

:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.