1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TimmyMonsterIL, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Gordon Universe

Gordon Universe New Member

I saw it just a minute ago.

Awesome.

It being so quick after 2 makes me think that maybe the two-year hiatus was spent getting music licenses for the rest of the series and not just season 2 (that's assuming that we get it uncut?).

I can't wait!
  2. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

I just came from over at tvshowsondvd.com to post this...I'm so excited! Not only for the third seasons episodes but for the list of extras including:

• * Documentary: "The Making of the Muppets"
      * "Muppets on Puppets" featuring Jim Henson and the Muppets
      * And Much More!

I'm wondering what the "And Much More" is?

Anyway, I'm way excited!:D
  3. Gordon Universe

Gordon Universe New Member

Unfortunately, "And Much More!" usually means "And Nothing Else!"

unless you count subtitles or interactive menus...
  4. IHAQ

IHAQ New Member

I'm excited, but sad about the trivia :( Any extras that are included will be just as exciting!:excited:

:)
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Amazing. I had a feeling the rumblings would have lead to something. i suspected they were either a small rumor, or just a sign of things. I was just on TVshowsondvd.com checking out the release Date of George of the Jungle, and Muppet Show Season 3 was at the top of the list. Talk about fast breaking news and making up for lost time.

Indeed, I hope the music rights have been cleared for this one too.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Actually, on The Muppet Newsflash, the side of the box can be seen, and it says "The Complete Third Season" there.
  7. minor muppetz

That's weird. I wonder if it was in both color and black and white around the same time or in different years. I wonder if most of the dialogue was the same, as well as all of the characters who appeared. And I wonder how many of us knew about this until now (I haven't read any such info at Mupet Wiki).

I was wondering if Disney owned the rights to this special or if another company did. If it was broadcast as part of an anthology series, then I guess it's owned by whoever owns that series, but at least Disney is able to release it on DVD regardless of who owns the distribution rights to the special (I guess Disney worked out a deal to release this special). And now that I know that I'll be seeing this in a few months and know that there were two versions, then it makes me want to see both versions!

If Disney doesn't own the special, then I'm still not surprised that Disney can release it. I was just as surprised that the Weezer videow as included in the secodn season set, and didn't think that Disney owned that music video.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Great news i was feeling sick today and this made me feel better!
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The side of the box does says "Complete Third Season" (similar to how the side of the second season box said "Complete Second Season").

Also it should be noted that both the first and second seasons were also dubbed "special editions" by Disney. I think it's more of a marketing thing than anything else.
  10. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Wow... well that certainly makes up for having to wait like, 2 years for Season 2!

Although... I KNEW the cover was gonna be Fozzie... I wish it was Gonzo :concern:
  11. minor muppetz

Well, all three sets have significantly different bonus features. The first one had the secodn pilot, the pitch reel, a few promos, and Muppet Morsels on every episode. The second set had another pilot, interviews with the Muppets, and a music video. And this one has two documentaries. It'll be amazing to know what will be on the fourth season set.

But there does seem to be a pattern. Most of the features on the first set were from before the show began. The second set had the other pilot, as the first set had one, and also interviews with the Muppets. The Making of the Muppets probably has interviews (though as of now we don't know if any Muppets will be interviewed in character). And there are two documentaries. I wonder if any other documentaries will be on the next set (crossing fingers for the Jim Henson Retrospective and Of Muppets and Men...). Or maybe the enxt set wil have audio commentary.

I wonder if this new documentary is the "really cool project" that's been announced. If so, then it'd better be a really cool documentary (though many documentaries are really cool).
  12. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

Pinch me I must be dreaming ( please don't really that hurts) I can't wait to buy that!;) :)
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

14. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I guess I'll have to buy Season 2 now :o
  15. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. I can't believe that it is coming out that quick. This is very good news. :) :) :)
  16. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

I CANT WAIT....at least we wont have to wait till freckin 09 to get this.I hope Disney took a look at our post of what we want as Bouns Features! I Just wish it wasn't Fozzie.(I really don't like him.) I wonder who will be on Season 5. I HOPE IS NOT ANIMAL. Hopefully it will be the main 4 Muppets.:) :mad: :concern: !
  17. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

WOW you didn't buy it yet
  18. We are nearly just over half way through the Muppet Show series when this one is released. I wonder what will happen then? Maybe DVD releases or other Muppet stuff that hasn't been available before?

I think Fozzie for season 3 is a good idea. Gonzo should be next and I think Animal will probably be on 5. The bonus features are pretty exciting. Can't wait to see what Disney manages to get for the last two box sets. I can't help but wonder why the movies were treated so badly in terms of quality and extras when they are obviously putting a lot of attention into the TMS box sets?
  19. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I didn't buy it yet either. :o

BJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.