The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hooray for TimmyMonster for finding the first news on this! Can't wait.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
The cover art, well...I was expecting Fozzie to be peeking out from behind his TMS logo-filled hat kind of like this, but this will do. It's a little easier for their graphic designer. Not wild about the poser either...
Your mock-up blows theirs out of the water Jamie! Awesome. Hopefully they'll see this (or maybe they're considering a few different covers like last time, a vote on Muppets.com again?) or at the very least get a pic of a better poser.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
The Muppet Morsels pop-up trivia track will not be on this set. The first season had a different producer and when they switched to the new guys for season 2 (one of the reasons for the big gap between seasons 1 & 2) the Muppet Morsels were one of the things that didn't survive. The current producers don't plans to bring them back (apparently the were very costly and time-consuming to produce. And, aside from the real hard-core fans, most consumers didn't really care about them). It's sad to see them go, but understand their desire to let them go (plus it means they can pump out these sets quicker...which they are doing now).
I enjoyed the Muppet Morsels, but I am just really happy these DVDs are being released at all! So there are no complaints from me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Your mock-up blows theirs out of the water Jamie! Awesome. Hopefully they'll see this (or maybe they're considering a few different covers like last time, a vote on Muppets.com again?) or at the very least get a pic of a better poser.
Thanks, this is just the pose I thought they'd have because there's just more personality to it. The other looks like a poser.

GelflingWaldo said:
I should let you know that the artwork is not final and it could be "subject to change" without notice. And as we saw with the season 2 set, the designers like to tweak and change the artwork.

...The Muppet Morsels pop-up trivia track will not be on this set. The first season had a different producer and when they switched to the new guys for season 2...
I hope they alter it a little. As stated, I'd get it in a brown paper bag as long as it has the episodes! LOL!

Fixed the link. I was thinking season four should have something similar with Gonzo playing his horn straight-on so that the logo filled the round end.

Shame about the morsels. Many fans really wanted those. Even non-fans if you check the Amazon reviews.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Oh... my... god...

ALREADY! Yes! This is great! I hope it's uncut again. Can't wait for this release.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Great news! :smile:

The Muppet Morsels pop-up trivia track will not be on this set...apparently the were very costly and time-consuming to produce. And, aside from the real hard-core fans, most consumers didn't really care about them).
I am definitely disapointed, but I do understand the reasons. I can imagine them being very costly, and I know my less hard core friends weren't that interested in them. But it's still a great shame.

But anyway, it's great that they're still continuing the sets. I hope they see fit to include Of Muppets and Men at some point. While the non hard core fans don't want to see the morsels, I'm not as crazy about seeing new documentaries. Of course I can't judge until I see it. :smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
This is the best news I've read all week! I had a feeling that Fozzie would make the cover of the next Muppet show DVD set. :embarrassed:

One thing thats really surprising to me is that "The Muppet On Puppets" 1968 special is gonna be a bonus feature! Thats SO AWESOME!

I wonder what Muppet characters will be in the disc menues? :confused: Maybe Gonzo & Rizzo or Kermi & Piggy. Who ever they use, it's still gonna be a great set!

I'm buying it the very day it comes out! :wink: I can not wait!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The Muppet Morsels pop-up trivia track will not be on this set. The first season had a different producer and when they switched to the new guys for season 2 (one of the reasons for the big gap between seasons 1 & 2) the Muppet Morsels were one of the things that didn't survive. The current producers don't plans to bring them back (apparently the were very costly and time-consuming to produce. And, aside from the real hard-core fans, most consumers didn't really care about them). It's sad to see them go, but understand their desire to let them go (plus it means they can pump out these sets quicker...which they are doing now).
Well I'm glad to see the sets are continuing. And hopefully uncut as well. But I'll take it as it may have to come depending upon the music rights availability.
One thing's fersure though. I won't ever be watching my season one set with the pop-up trivia fact ever again.

I am sorry if I seem to be pouting. I'm not really, though I am disappointed.
All I'm saying is that personally I prefer to pretend that the Muppet Morsels never happened, so that my Muppet Show DVD's will feel as if they really belong together as part of a matching set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is great news. You know, tonight, before dinner, I prayed that this set would be announced soon, and the announcement was amde on the night I prayed for the official announcement to be made (I also prayed that Sesame Street: Old School Volume 3 would be announced soon... maybe tomorrow?:smile: )

I am so glad that The Muppets on Puppets is included. I don't know if I ever thought of that as a possible bonus feature (I might have after I heard of the season two disc contents). And it's so great that this time the set will be reelased in may instead of august (I wonder if season four will be released before the year ends).

I wonder if The Making of the Muppets will be a straight-forward documentary, or if it will be a mockumentary (as in the Muppets give a behind-the-scenes look at the show from their universe), or if it will be a little of both (many real Muppet documentaries have featured the Muppets being interviewed in character). I wonder if this will be all-new, or if maybe it was produced long ago and we don't know about it until now (just like with The Muppets on the Muppets).

Since Beauregard debuted in season 3, it would be great if he hosted the menus. Or, considering the writers strike, maybe there won't be any video menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.