The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Universe

Reaction score
I saw it just a minute ago.

Awesome.

It being so quick after 2 makes me think that maybe the two-year hiatus was spent getting music licenses for the rest of the series and not just season 2 (that's assuming that we get it uncut?).

I can't wait!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I just came from over at tvshowsondvd.com to post this...I'm so excited! Not only for the third seasons episodes but for the list of extras including:

• * Documentary: "The Making of the Muppets"
    * "Muppets on Puppets" featuring Jim Henson and the Muppets
    * And Much More!

I'm wondering what the "And Much More" is?

Anyway, I'm way excited!:big_grin:

Gordon Universe

Reaction score
Unfortunately, "And Much More!" usually means "And Nothing Else!"

unless you count subtitles or interactive menus...

IHAQ

Reaction score
I'm excited, but sad about the trivia :frown: Any extras that are included will be just as exciting!:excited:

:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amazing. I had a feeling the rumblings would have lead to something. i suspected they were either a small rumor, or just a sign of things. I was just on TVshowsondvd.com checking out the release Date of George of the Jungle, and Muppet Show Season 3 was at the top of the list. Talk about fast breaking news and making up for lost time.

Indeed, I hope the music rights have been cleared for this one too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
YAY! I noticed it said "Special Edition" and not "Complete Season". That makes me wonder...
Actually, on The Muppet Newsflash, the side of the box can be seen, and it says "The Complete Third Season" there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
"The Muppets on Puppets" was one program in a series called "Adventure in the Arts" (I believe... I may be wrong on the overall title). I'm not sure about years, but I can definitely tell you that the B&W version WAS rebroadcast after 1970. I worked at a Public Television network from 1971 - 1975 and that is where I first saw it. That is also where I saw the remake in color.
That's weird. I wonder if it was in both color and black and white around the same time or in different years. I wonder if most of the dialogue was the same, as well as all of the characters who appeared. And I wonder how many of us knew about this until now (I haven't read any such info at Mupet Wiki).

I was wondering if Disney owned the rights to this special or if another company did. If it was broadcast as part of an anthology series, then I guess it's owned by whoever owns that series, but at least Disney is able to release it on DVD regardless of who owns the distribution rights to the special (I guess Disney worked out a deal to release this special). And now that I know that I'll be seeing this in a few months and know that there were two versions, then it makes me want to see both versions!

If Disney doesn't own the special, then I'm still not surprised that Disney can release it. I was just as surprised that the Weezer videow as included in the secodn season set, and didn't think that Disney owned that music video.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Great news i was feeling sick today and this made me feel better!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
YAY! I noticed it said "Special Edition" and not "Complete Season". That makes me wonder...
The side of the box does says "Complete Third Season" (similar to how the side of the second season box said "Complete Second Season").

Also it should be noted that both the first and second seasons were also dubbed "special editions" by Disney. I think it's more of a marketing thing than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.