1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TimmyMonsterIL, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I would love to see "Frog Prince" on DVD too, But lets hope it comes in a boxset along with "Hey Cinderella" ans "Muppet Musicians Of Bremen".

And as for "Tales Of The Tinkerdee", Maybe that will be a bonus feature for the Muppet Show fourth season DVD set. And I still hope that "Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show" TV special makes it's way to the season five DVD set!

And maybe we'll get a DVD that includes the two Muppet specials "The Muppets Go Hollywood" (1979) and "The Muppets Go To The Movies" (1981).

I hope I'm not rushing things here, but maybe in the future we'll get the complete series of "Muppet Television" (JHH) and "Muppets Tonight" on DVD!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I dunno about you, but I think I'll get the Non-flocked version of the cover if possible. Wasn't too thrilled with Season 2's flocking (of course, I got it as a gift for Christmas, so I didn't really get a say). While it was indeed cute for season one, that was only due to the fact they didn't have the character's face. But cover art and all that stuff doesn't really matter to me. As long as the content is great.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well with Fozzies fur i would think it would feel different.
  4. needforspeed

needforspeed New Member

Can someone clerify this for me?

So I was able to get the better "fuzzy" version of Disc 1. :) But as far as I could find, there was only one version of Disc 2. :mad: Is that correct? So now, will there be 1 or 2 versions of Disc 3 now? I would love the "flocked" version! :o
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of the info there is stuff we could find elsewhere, before the set was released (as long as we knew where to look). Muppet Wiki wasn't around yet. I wish that the morsels included info on who wrote what particular scene and storyline. Jerry Juhl and Dave Goelz wrote some of the morsels, and they were there when the show was made.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Plus, confidentially, a few of the "morsels" were advertisements for Disney videos. I'm just saying...
  7. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

No, there was a fuzzy version of Season 2.

:p
  8. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

They May have Muppets on Puppets (Oh I am So Happy!:) :) :) )
  9. needforspeed

needforspeed New Member

But there was only one fuzzy version, correct? All I could find was the one version. But, yes, mine does have fuzz...granted, it doesn't seem like as much fuzz as the first one. But it did have some fuzz on it.

fuzz fuzz fuzz fuzz (had to do that)
  10. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

So Season 4 will have Gonzo on the cover, and I'm sure Season 5 will have Animal on the cover...

And I hope, somewhere along the way, they give us the "Muppets At Walt Disney World." I haven't seen it in years, but I still remember the really catchy song "Love in A Laundromat." If all the Muppet Seasons sell well, they may release the complete "Jim Henson Hour" into one complete dvd package. Don't you think? The problem is, they'd cut off the endings where Jim Henson introduced the "Storyteller" segments.
  11. GoblinBabe

GoblinBabe New Member

I would love it if they released the Jim Henson Hour! But I think that's getting our hopes up a bit too far in advance. At this point in time it's still wishful thinking. And I have to agree with the crowd. I don't think TMS Season 3 will be out as soon as May. But I still open to the possibility. I'd hate to be a closed minded person.
  12. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I still think it would be awesome if season 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show DVD's included Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and maybe Jerry Nelson. :)
  13. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I am so excited about this! I've been itching for more, and now, here it comes!

Part of the reason I'm so pumped is because I have not seen most of the episodes in this season. New and unexpected Muppetness always makes me happy!
  14. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm among those disappointed that Muppet Morsels are no more. Even if one didn't like the "format", this was essentially an episode commentary which hasn't been otherwise replaced with an audio commentary or what have you...and these days i really consider some form of commentary on at least some episodes a requirement for a dvd box set release...esp one that dares to call itself a "special edition".

But...the good news is that for those who liked them, there will be an alternative. Season 3 of Muppet Central's episode guide will come out at the same time as the dvd's so you can view those as you're watching your new dvds. (Heck, it seems that there was some cribbing of our guides when they did the season 1 morsels anyway). As some of you know my life has been pretty topsy turvy the last few years which has kept me away from not just the guides but also other things like this forum...in addition to preparing the next season, i also want to clean up the seasons 1 & 2 to include new info that has come out since (and also some commentary on some of the mistakes in the Muppet Morsels!) ...and there's also going to be a special surprise coming too (think along the lines of the Special look at the unaired Juliet Prowse episode entry - but it's going to be something different ...not the unedited Connie Stevens episode ... which i wish i could see - that's the only hint i'm giving!)

I also really am sad that the promos aren't being included...these are rare treats and special pieces of Muppet history - if there was any disappointment with the ones of the first season set it was that they only included a select few. And they can't be that hard to obtain...i'm sure a lot of the studio reels have them included on there...i hold on hope that we'll see a complete reel of the promos for all the episodes as a bonus feature in an upcoming set.

Sad to say i still give the Muppet Show dvd's a below average in the extras dept - a C-. The fact that they do have some extras and that they included what should be no-brainers like the pilots keep them from getting an F and that they did include things like the Muppets on Muppets for season 2 and this docu for Season 3 keeps them from getting a D (i'm also happy about Muppets on Puppets though i think that could have been released on its own or in some other kind of set - there's lots of other stuff that would have been more appropriate for a Muppet Show specific set.) And the fact that other no-brainers like some kind of commentary, the promos and the overall length of the amount of bonus material really makes them seem more like they're just kind of going through the paces...
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's great that the Season Guide will be updated! I agree, the Extras are lacking and they've missed so many opportunities. As usual, the fans seem to know better, heh.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

All about the show -

I still remember the days of VHS where extras were pretty much nonexistent and season or series sets were rare. I feel the extras could be better. I feel the package design could be better too. But it's about having the complete episodes with me. I think many of the bells and whistles have been sacrificed in order to get us complete episodes unlike the first season. Say what you will about the first release, but it pales in comparison with series two because the show's original state should always be top priority.

I wish these could have everything. I particularly would like to hear Dave Goelz and Jerry Nelson recorded commentary, but just seeing the complete Muppet Shows with the UK skits intact gives the release an A+ in my book.
  17. David French

David French Member

You have to bear in mind that Disney may not have been able to clear contemporary clips from British TV shows that the Muppets/Henson appeared on (assuming they did). The second problem you then have is, does such material still exist? If it doesn't...well, that's a no-brainer anyway.

I agree about the lack of promos and audio commentaries.
  18. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

oH WOW! what great news (after aloooong day at work and nOT being able to get on MC in 4 days couse my computer has been actin up.... again! grr!) :) sooooooo looking forward to this! :excited:
  19. Nyperold

Nyperold Member

Time for my rundown (oh, no-no-no-don'trunmeoverAHHHH!):

Knew who that was without looking the person up:
    Roy Clark
    Alice Cooper
    Loretta Lynn
    Liberace
    Raquel Welch
    Harry Belafonte
    Danny Kaye
    Spike Milligan
    Sylvester Stallone
    Roy Rogers & Dale Evans

Heard of but had to/would have to look the person up:
    Kris Kristofferson
    Pearl Bailey
    Jean Stapleton
    Lynn Redgrave
    Cheryl Ladd

Never heard of:
    Rita Coolidge
    Leo Sayer
    Gilda Radner
    Marisa Berenson
    James Coco
    Helen Reddy
    Lesley Ann Warren
    Leslie Uggams
    Elke Sommer
    Roger Miller

I can look 'em up, of course. But if you want to say "Are you kidding? Leslie Uggams was..." then I won't stop you. ;)
  20. I only know Gilda Radner from SNL. Leo Sayer was a very popular pop star of the 70s. Elke Sommer is an actress that I can only remember from British film "Carry On Behind". Helen Reddy sung "I am woman, hear me roar" if I'm not mistaken... I think that's my expertise spent. I have heard of most of the guest stars but maybe only from being such a Muppet Show fan. Who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.