The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppet Show Season Three on DVD!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Muppet-Season-3/8861

I'm really excited about the special features, especially the "Muppets on Puppets" documentary, I've always wanted to see that.

I'm glad Disney's cleaning up their act when it comes to the Muppets right now... I mean that while two year wait for Season Two after Season One was ridiculous!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I wonder if it will have the commercials included. The fourth season should have :concern: and the fifth season should have :sympathy: on it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it, since Disney changed DVD design companies they could be planning a more complete Season One SE release upon completion? It's a possibility. Maybe DVD company expense and expertise had something to do with rights negotiations and that has been cleared up with the new guys. Double-dipping for complete sets doesn't upset me.

I think season 5 will have Animal, Scooter, Beaker, Rowlf or the Swedish Chef (in that order). Animal is most likely.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
That's weird. I wonder if it was in both color and black and white around the same time or in different years. I wonder if most of the dialogue was the same, as well as all of the characters who appeared. And I wonder how many of us knew about this until now (I haven't read any such info at Mupet Wiki).
Oh, they were definitely different years. The concept was the same... Jim explaining puppetry and especially the Muppets, but I think there was better, more specific information in the B&W version. For instance, Don Sahlin and Jim show exactly how a Muppet goes from concept drawing to finished puppet, even down to what materials they use. This was where I learned how to make puppets, especially puppets that look like Muppets.

As I recall, the color one was less specific.

There also is a long segment where they put on a little puppet play with Rowlf as the narrator. Then they do it again with the camera behind the puppet wall. You actually get to see Jim performing Rowlf. It's really cool! I don't think they did this in the color version.

:stick_out_tongue:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I have a feeling that they will choose the colour version over the b&w. Only because it will fit in better with the rest of the material on the discs. The original version may be a little too old for them to include on a box set containing shows from the late '70s. Do we know when the colour version was filmed?

Telly

Reaction score
I guess I didn't look closely at the DVD box of the third season. I just read the article. Oops. Anywho, yeah I totally think Rowlf should be the cover on the fifth season set. I kinda wish they'd have Kermit's face on the first one since that seems to be the trend that's going on now.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I guess I didn't look closely at the DVD box of the third season. I just read the article. Oops. Anywho, yeah I totally think Rowlf should be the cover on the fifth season set. I kinda wish they'd have Kermit's face on the first one since that seems to be the trend that's going on now.
The first season in the UK has Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie in front of a red curtain on it. They are all modern looking versions of the characters too. The second season in the UK is the same as the US one. No idea why they decided to change the first.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
WOWWWW!
Thats a shock seriously.
And its great that there putting The Muppets On Puppets with it, even though i have it, hah, i get a better copy yay :smile:
hahhaa

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The first season in the UK has Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie in front of a red curtain on it. They are all modern looking versions of the characters too. The second season in the UK is the same as the US one. No idea why they decided to change the first.
That is the version of season one's cover that we received here in Australia as well.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is great! Very excited. At this rate we should have the whole series by the middle of next year or sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.