The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm very excited to finally get a pristine copy of "The Muppets on Puppets". I just hope it's the original B&W version and not the remade color version which wasn't as good.

:stick_out_tongue:
I didn't know that it also exists in color. I thought it was just produced in black and white. If a color version exists, I'd be surprised if it was computer-colorized (heck, I'd be surprised if this special was ever rebroadcast after 1970).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Was the re-made colour version what was included on Season 2?
Or is this something totally different?

Erine81981

Reaction score
*cleans up aisle 3* There we go. Now as you were.....*overs hears on the intercom* Muppet Show Season 3 coming this soon? Oh my gosh! *faints and spills all the of the remaining peices of Ryan*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that personally I prefer to pretend that the Muppet Morsels never happened, so that my Muppet Show DVD's will feel as if they really belong together as part of a matching set.
Aw, that's so sad! Well I do understand how you feel definitely. But for my part I still put the morsels on every single time I watch the first Season. It makes the whole experience more interactive, and let's face it, that's where the media is going. And I'm happy for that. :smile:

That's cool if "Muppets on Puppets" will be included. I saw the black and white version at The Museum of TV and Radio, it's a true treasure. Hopefully we'll know soon just what version will be on the new DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was the re-made colour version what was included on Season 2?
Or is this something totally different?
It's different. The Muppets on the Muppets was a feature on season two, produced around 1999 but not available to the public until 2007. The Muppets on Puppets was a special made back in 1968, and first broadcast in 1970. The titles are similar, but they are different.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that the feature is called The Making of the Muppets, not The Making of The Mupet Show. I wonder if that would have info on the movies, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and Muppets TV included.

ploobis

Reaction score
I've noticed that the feature is called The Making of the Muppets, not The Making of The Mupet Show. I wonder if that would have info on the movies, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and Muppets TV included.
I wonder what the Making Of The Muppets feature is gonna be likr too. :confused:

But I'm sure it's still gonna be AWESOME! :wink:

ploobis

Reaction score
This is so cool that we are finally getting the 3rd season of The Muppet Show! We get own the season that introduced the following Muppet characters.

1. Beauregard

2. Lew Zealand

3. Annie Sue

4. Fletcher Bird

5. Gladys The Cafe Lady

6. Bobby Benson's All Baby Band

7. Louis Kazagger

8. Sopwith The Camel

9. The Penguins

And many more......

This is the season that starts the series of the recuring sketches of "Bear On Patrol". Also, This is the season where Steve Whitmire first joins the Henson Company! :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
Also, This is the season where Steve Whitmire first joins the Henson Company!
YAY! I noticed it said "Special Edition" and not "Complete Season". That makes me wonder...

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I didn't know that it also exists in color. I thought it was just produced in black and white. If a color version exists, I'd be surprised if it was computer-colorized (heck, I'd be surprised if this special was ever rebroadcast after 1970).
"The Muppets on Puppets" was one program in a series called "Adventure in the Arts" (I believe... I may be wrong on the overall title). I'm not sure about years, but I can definitely tell you that the B&W version WAS rebroadcast after 1970. I worked at a Public Television network from 1971 - 1975 and that is where I first saw it. That is also where I saw the remake in color. It was not computer colorized as that technology didn't exist at the time. They completely reshot the show in color, but it wasn't identical and it wasn't as good. I don't remember why it wasn't as good now since it's been over 30 years since I saw it, but I very distinctly remember that the color one wasn't as good. Anyway, I'm thinking that if it's the 1968 version, then it's probably the original B&W.

:stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.