Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

StarrFilter

Reaction score
nope. that scene got cut. grundgetta is the medium understudy in elmo grows up. she doesn't speak or sing at all.

SSLFan

Reaction score
nope. that scene got cut. grundgetta is the medium understudy in elmo grows up. she doesn't speak or sing at all.
Didn't she have a part in the original? I remember her doing a ballet number with Oscar or something...

StarrFilter

Reaction score
yeah, she did a ballet number with oscar in the original production in 93 and the remount in 98, but now she's the medium understudy. in the new "Elmo's Green Thumb" show coming out this August, Grundgy actually has a major role. And the medium understudy character will be another Honker.

SSLFan

Reaction score
yeah, she did a ballet number with oscar in the original production in 93 and the remount in 98, but now she's the medium understudy. in the new "Elmo's Green Thumb" show coming out this August, Grundgy actually has a major role. And the medium understudy character will be another Honker.
Great! Grundgetta has a speaking role!

And I hope the Honker is Blue. He's my favorite. They've been giving overkill to that purple Honker these past couple of years.

Also, Star, in ECB, was Prarrie the small understudy and was Grover the medium? And was Prarrie even in the original one? I don't recall seeing her.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I'm sorry ... I just have to nitpick ... but 90 seconds is a minute and a half, not three whole minutes. :stick_out_tongue:

lol. thanks. I can't possibly explain where i got 3 min. from!:embarrassed:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Do you ever get any of the CD albums after the show's over or get them since you work for the show? I would love to have every album that came out so far. The one i'm really after (and i'm not saying this because you work or have worked there) is the "Big Bird's Sunny Day Campout" album. I've alway liked all the songs on that album.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Great! Grundgetta has a speaking role!

And I hope the Honker is Blue. He's my favorite. They've been giving overkill to that purple Honker these past couple of years.

Also, Star, in ECB, was Prarrie the small understudy and was Grover the medium? And was Prarrie even in the original one? I don't recall seeing her.

Well they try to switch it up a bit. In EMM Honker was Orange and he was Blue in RFA. But yes, they do use Purple a lot. And yeah, the tall and medium understudies are will both be Honkers in Elmo's Green Thumb. There's a good chance that one of them will be blue :smile: and for some odd reason the VEE Costume people actually refer to the Blue Honker as Green Honker... I don't get it... He's clearly blue...

Anyway, our poor Prairie Dawn is a mute again :frown: She's the small understudy character in Elmo's Green Thumb.

You're right about the understudy's for ECB. In the original, however, Prairie talked and Zoe was the small u/s. Prairie had the whole Cleopatra scene and everything. You probably didn't see a lot of her because the Prairie performer also played Blanche in Act Two. Just as in the more recent version of ECB, the Zoe performer also played Blanche in Act Two. That was pretty much the only change from the 97 original version and the 05 remount.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Do you ever get any of the CD albums after the show's over or get them since you work for the show? I would love to have every album that came out so far. The one i'm really after (and i'm not saying this because you work or have worked there) is the "Big Bird's Sunny Day Campout" album. I've alway liked all the songs on that album.
That's funny. I kind of Hate that show. LOL. No offense. I do have the CD. I like the telephone talk song... that's about it. That show was lame. Even the folks at VEE thought so. It's the only new show released since 1990 that hasn't been and will not be revived.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well they try to switch it up a bit. In EMM Honker was Orange and he was Blue in RFA. But yes, they do use Purple a lot. And yeah, the tall and medium understudies are will both be Honkers in Elmo's Green Thumb. There's a good chance that one of them will be blue :smile: and for some odd reason the VEE Costume people actually refer to the Blue Honker as Green Honker... I don't get it... He's clearly blue...

Anyway, our poor Prairie Dawn is a mute again :frown: She's the small understudy character in Elmo's Green Thumb.

You're right about the understudy's for ECB. In the original, however, Prairie talked and Zoe was the small u/s. Prairie had the whole Cleopatra scene and everything. You probably didn't see a lot of her because the Prairie performer also played Blanche in Act Two. Just as in the more recent version of ECB, the Zoe performer also played Blanche in Act Two. That was pretty much the only change from the 97 original version and the 05 remount.
Oh no! Prarrie an u/s again? Man, it seems some years she speaks, some years she is silent. I'm guessing Prarrie doesn't have that much of a fanbase?

And..omg! Zoe was an u/s and Prarrie spoke! OMG! I don't have many memories from this show, besides the fact the color dissapered and Oscar turned white. But it just seems so odd. She's in this scene:

http://www.jichi.ac.jp/usr/orth/kojima/mayo/image/sesame01.jpg

I wonder, if Zoe wasn't on one night, would Grover or Honker be in her place for that scene? Gee, this really puts question marks in my head. Was Zoe even popular in the 90's? I mean, in Let's Be Friends she spoke, in 1-2-3...Imagine! she spoke, but in shows like Let's Play School, When I Grow Up, and ECB, she's silent.

? Man, I'm CONFUSED!:confused:

SSLFan

Reaction score
That's funny. I kind of Hate that show. LOL. No offense. I do have the CD. I like the telephone talk song... that's about it. That show was lame. Even the folks at VEE thought so. It's the only new show released since 1990 that hasn't been and will not be revived.
I have the CD. And yeah, the telephone talk song is about the only good song on it. Ya know, the show is about Big Bird, and yet he's not even heard on most of the tracks! Even Snuffy is heard more than he is. And the way your talking, I'm guessing it didn't sell so good either.

I'm surprised even VEE would call one of their shows lame. Do the ever review most of their shows before they hit the road? I wouldn't say it was lame, it was quite enjoyable, but probbaly could've been better. In opinion, the lamest show I went to was the Everyone Makes Music show. It just seemed awkward not having them change up the sets like they normally do.The newer version, for some odd reason, I enjoyed more.