Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

MWoO

Reaction score
I admit that Gonzo looks good from far away but close ups kill it for me. Nice group shot though, would look cooler when Fozzie is in it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I admit that up (very) close the nose fabric is unfortunate mainly for two reasons: the seams and the regularity of the semi-transparent fabric's "foam look" pattern. Everything else is a micro-issue to me. Being on the team that produced the post series two Gonzo figures I bow to this one as the difinitive Gonzo. The figure's beak and eye focus are better (and that's important) but not nearly by as much as originally thought. Darn monkey photographers. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's one more unretouched hi-resolution close-up of Gonzo and his famous nose. :concern:

This is exactly how it looks extremely close. No better, no worse. One foot back, he looks better. Three feet back, almost perfect. That's an honest opinion.

Luke

Reaction score
Here's
This is exactly how it looks extremely close. No better, no worse. One foot back, he looks better. Three feet back, almost perfect. That's an honest opinion.
I agree, photographed from the side angle, a few feet back he looks brilliant and the material is so much less noticeable. I love that group photo, and i think you got one with good pupil positioning.

Seriously dude, i think they need to get you taking their product pictures. You may have just sold me on a Gonzo i think.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
btw... jamie where did you find that spiked collar for your mR Animal? I've been lookin for one! :smirk: was it from online or a store? If so what is the website address man? :wisdom:

Convincing John

Reaction score
I like the pictures so far, but I'm not sure I'm going to get him just yet. (Going to see how much I get for my tax refund first).

So they stuck with the "pantyhose nose", eh? I thought in one photo they had an obvious seam going along the underside of his nose. Did they fix this?

Also, are all Gonzos' eye placement going to be like this or is there a chance of getting one with good eye focus?

If they are, Jamie, how do you fix the pupils if they turn out like this?:insatiable: Just peel them off and re-glue em? I'd like to know if I order this guy.

Convincing John

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
btw... jamie where did you find that spiked collar for your mR Animal? I've been lookin for one! :smirk: was it from online or a store? If so what is the website address man? :wisdom:
Go to this link: http://www.spirithalloween.com/Accessories_Glasses-Jewelry/Large-Spike-Necklace
for a spiked collar. You will need to paint the back bits silver and allow a couple days for it to dry, but that's it.

Convincing John-
The fabric isn't quite as pantyhose looking as I believed it to be but it's definitely there. The material's mesh attempts to mimic the foam texture. The seams are visible up close but appear to fade quite a bit as you move away from it. It is unfortunate but not nearly as bad as I had figured.

The eye focus is off. Think Muppet Show season one Gonzo eye focus. His eyes look a little sad and wandering. I can see some folk not feeling the need to change them as, due to the shape of his design, they only look that way in the direct front view.

Caper directed me to some felt material I have sent away for. It's coming this week and I will update you on that. Peeling the pupils will likely rip them apart.

In all, Gonzo (out of the box) is worth getting. I am picky as h*** about the dude and he is not perfect, but all that changed upon opening his box. I was so darn giddy! That's the honest truth. I think Travis knew it and was waiting to see what we'd say. Even with the nose (and a lower technical score from me) Gonzo is my favorite of the three.