1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MuppetCaper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I suspect quality control and eye placement will improve with Travis helming the Muppet brand over at MR. It still boggles my mind how anyone can mass-produce a Muppet, much less get the pupils uniform. However, they really should and can be better at $299 a pop. I think it will be an easy fix.

General Question:
    About the nose, I was wondering before I got him if there was some sort of material that could "frost" the nose fabric? I probably won't go that rout, but am still curious.
  2. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

BAD NEWS for those of use who ordered Gonzo through the Collector Zone. I spoke to Paul today who said that he has been in contact with their buyer and Gonzo in currently being shipped over from the US and will not be here for another month:sympathy: I really hoped we'd see him ALOT sooner. :(

SO, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a UK retailer who has him IN STOCK and ready to ship :search:
  3. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thats a real bummer!

I guess we were spoilt when we got Animal at the same time as US customers.

If he is being shipped across, it usually takes about 6 weeks to ship, so maybe the date of April 1st is accurate?

Forbiddenplanet.co.uk has him up for sale, but they also have Sun 30th March as the arrival date. I doubt we will find another UK dealer. If you want him quicker we will have to pay Airmail postage costs from US. A friend of mine in US had Kermit delievered to her then posted him to me, so I would get him fast, he was just over $80 to post by Airmail, I think! But a post aslo says Gonzo is heavier, so he will cost more. Also Gonzo in the US is $299, approx £160 plus postage, he is going to be about £50 more than waiting for collector zone?

It hurts, but I gotta just wait! At least we have more time to save before we get billed!

Chris:concern:
  4. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Its gonna be up to 4 weeks....2 weeks at the earliest but like Kermie UK said, its kinda closer to another pay check! I dont think any retailer will have him in stock plus TCZ are gonna get him 1st.
    We were lucky to get Animal so quickly, Im looking forward to seeing more pics thought. Have you all read Muppet Capers review? The pics are really good and its a great read.
  5. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Are you on commission...are ya, are ya? Eh eh, are ya? :D :D
  6. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

I wish...........hey muppetCaper, how are you getting on with Gonzo?
  7. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I simply love him! dispite his little flaw. I am glad that I got him. He looks awesome with Kermit and Animal. Now that I have soaked in Gonzo, I am so ready for Fozzie now! ;)
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

good news for me! just got home from work and checked the ol email.. saborvault emailed me saying "These are suppose to be here
    tomorrow (2/12/08), and will head your way then...should be
    there by Friday." :insatiable: yooo hooo! :excited: well Im all pumped now! :D
  9. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

I read that you may add pink to his lip which I agree may need some colour. How would you do this?
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah! I'll 2nd that my friend! :)
  11. markit

markit Active Member

Evening all , well it's happened again, I held back from ordering Animal as I was undecided until a few other members on here posted their fantastic pics of him, I was even more apprehensive about Gonzo, with the same concerns as everyone else, but sure enough MuppetCaper has sold it to me after looking at his amazing pics and reading his really cool review.

So I've placed my order with Collector Zone, despite having no idea how i'm gonna afford him, heck i'll figure it out nearer the time, i'm way too big of a muppet fan not to! :) Can't wait for him to arrive! Anybody else on here grateful for understanding partners :) My girlfriend's getting seriously outnumbered by muppets now..that's including me, getting a lil overcrowded! ;)

I was just looking through my muppets pictures, thinking how cool it will be to have a Swedish Chef somewhere down the line, obviously not as important as Piggy, and my favourite Rowlf.

Well thanks for the pics so far, keep 'em coming!

Mark
  12. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I am going to use some kind of fabric coloring, or maybe the same stuff that Terry used on his prototype called Delta Ceramcoat. It is a acrylic paint. I am heading to the craft shop today and see if I can find it. I know it comes in many colors so it is going to be hard to find the right one. Stay tuned! :super:
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

A new photo is up on Muppet Central's home page. It's another candid shot with the backround swapped for a more familiar backstage setting. Placing the posers in a context really seems to make them shine. If only MR would remodel my apartment to look like the Muppet set!
  14. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Gonzo on the way!

Just got an e-mail this morning that my Gonzo should be arriving this Friday! Oh....I am soooo excited. I can't wait till Friday. I will take pics as soon as I can. Hope everyone else's Gonzo is on the way too.:concern:
  15. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

16. Nice modifications they seem to have made to the MR replica since the preminilary photos. :p
    On a serious note, when you see creations like that you realize what a great piece of work this new replica is. I think the guys at MR have done a great job!
  17. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

eeep that gonzo I'm not even going to say what I think because I'm sure as usual no one will agree and think I'm just being a jerk.:rolleyes: :sympathy:
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

AWESOME! Love the pic, and the expressions!
  20. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Like the stage? A huge "Muppet Show" title card backdrop with the "O" cut out to put your Kermit and Gonzo through? You could get some red curtains for your living room and hook that up somehow...now that'd be awesome!

Too bad the Muppets have done their bit on "Extreme Makeover". Think of what they could do if they visited you! Animal could help paint your car...:halo:

Convincing John