Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Here's one more unretouched hi-resolution close-up of Gonzo and his famous nose. :concern:
Brutal! I love how the inside of the mouth is some kind of open cel foam. Why couldn't they of done the whole face with that stuff? So basically the inside of the mouth will go bad one day? But the pantyhose will last a lot longer? Ha Ha. It looks like an expensive doll. Not a replica.

Luke

Reaction score
So basically the inside of the mouth will go bad one day? But the pantyhose will last a lot longer?
I kinda brought that point up a while back, its the same with Animal. I know that with Gonzo they specifically couldn't do the nose in foam because it could be just yanked off, but assuming the materials are what we think, they are using a minor amount of degradeable materials. There may be some toothless Animal replicas about in time.

Not that i'm that worried about it, i know i will show mine the proper care and attention. I might even let him chase a few women or something!

MWoO

Reaction score
Here's one more unretouched hi-resolution close-up of Gonzo and his famous nose. :concern:

This is exactly how it looks extremely close. No better, no worse. One foot back, he looks better. Three feet back, almost perfect. That's an honest opinion.
I must admit that your photoshop eye placement change and fur trim made me think twice about not getting a Gonzo. I really don't get why MR doesn't crack down on eye position with these things. I'd rather they get rid of the white plastic lid things and have the eyes in the right spot than have moveable eyes. I can't wait for fozzie though as there should be NO issue with eye placement on him...or else...

Davina

Reaction score
oh man.. hubby has to get back to work NOW so i can get these last two.... *sigh*

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
I've got a question for those that have received their Gonzo already:
Putting aside the difficulties, risk and skill required to do such a change, if you could re-cover his nose in a thin fleece type fabric in place of the netting, do you think it would be worth doing the modification?

I'm not asking whether or not you would actually risk the alteration to your own replica, its more I'm trying to gauge how bad the netting does or doesn't look when compared against some kind of fleece material instead.

Obviously fleece is not reticulated foam either, but I'm still wondering if it could be a less 'jarring' substitute than the netting...... if you get where I'm coming from?

Before Gonzo shipped the sock seemed like an abomination that 'had to go' at any cost, but in-person people's perceptions seemed to have mellowed.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Covering it in fleece would probably Not be a good idea. It would throw off the proportions, because fleece is thicker than netting & it would look fuzzy & pill..............idk....but it seems it would turn out with a negative look all around.

I also like the netting nose, it is able to provide shades for the beak & adds a texture that personally I like.