The Fourth Semi-Annual Official Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Laughs heartily now that the gang's all here

A yellowish Fraggle bonces upwards, red bushy pigtails flying behind her head, following her aerial acrobatic leap as she lands with a firm thud on the boards.
Red: Ha... Beat that Gobo! Oh yeah. I'm here to hand out the award for best fanfic nagger, otherwise known as the Too Much Free Time on their Hands trophy. And it goes to... What? Just a piece of paper? Please, I have better and bigger leafs than that back at... Oh uh, sorry. Yeah, the award goes to our fanfic lovin' fool, Ed Castle or "The Count"!
http://i32.tinypic.com/167tswl.jpg

*Red hugs and then cheers and whoopees wildly before she runs off to hold Gobo's hand again in the madness of Muppet elation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, you two really ARE cleaning up... and Toga too...

I'm beginning to believe Daniel's right, this ain't no coincidence... I'd say this year's awards are fixed!

ALERT THE MEDIA! MUPPET CENTRAL AWARDS ARE FIXED!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Man, you two really ARE cleaning up... and Toga too...

I'm beginning to believe Daniel's right, this ain't no coincidence... I'd say this year's awards are fixed!

ALERT THE MEDIA! MUPPET CENTRAL AWARDS ARE FIXED!
I don't wanna hear it, YOU won some awards too. So, it's not like you hadn't won anything.

Daniel

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Let's make this my speech:
I'm humbled and amazed at the enthusiasm, heart, tenacity, and talent of the muppet fans on this forum. I joined the forums many, many years before The MuppetCast was even a hint of a thought. Even way back then, Muppet Central was a favorite website. Now that it's an unofficial home to The MuppetCast, well you can imagine it means a lot to be recognized and recieve these awards. Thanks so much everyone!

I'll let the time and TLC that went into producing the awards show serve as anything more that I could possibly say. Hope you all like it!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
And how's about this. Since there seems to be some bickering about the voting system (gee, where have I heard that before), next year I'll host the voting on a separate website. Voting via email usually isn't a great system, so that way we'll have a better system in place. Not trying to push a system on anyone, but I'll simply put that option on the table to accept or reject.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't wanna hear it, YOU won some awards too. So, it's not like you hadn't won anything.

Daniel
Hey, I never said I never won anything, yeah I won two awards that I'm pretty darn proud of, but you got to admit, Count and Prawnie are CLEANING UP this year, and you're the one who said it's not a coincidence just because they're the ones running the thing this year.

What does that spell? Fixed.

Uh, I mean... CONGRATULATIONS COUNT AND PRAWNIE1

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! Here here! Good speech man. *Enjoying listening to Jim's characters on the MCR headphones/plugin I brought to entertain myself backstage from time to time.

So moving on...
Bunsen: Good evening. We here at Muppet Labs have worked tirelessly to bring you a better MC awards ceremony. Which is why I am positively tickled pink like my friend Claudia to bring to you our latest honoree. This one is for Light Reading, fanfic stories shorter than five chapters or so. *Proceeds to plug in the book socket to the lamp. And now you too can enjoy some light reading thanks to our portable pluggable books. Simply insert the book of choice, and you'll have just enough light to read that last paragraph or two before dozing off to bed. Oh, what's that Beakie? Yes... The winner is Magical Moments by Beth Kondrick known as redBoobergurl.
http://i30.tinypic.com/15zk3ew.jpg

Do come up here and accept this award dear Ms. Beth. *Cheers come from the ghouls and fiends in Ed's section for Beth.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aww, yay for RHLC! Fer sure, you like us, you really like us! :flirt:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score

Daniel
Hey man, what's wrong? :frown: I didn't win a single thing and I can still have a decent time at an awards show I put some effort into AND got chastised for the quality of said efforts! :smirk:

Now, let's try to be a little more positive, please, a lot of us worked hard to try to make this into a nice little (although a bit delayed) ceremony, so smiles, everyone. :smile:

And congrats to the newest winners! ;-)