Need help for avenue q puppets replicas

jcnegron

Reaction score
I think that trekkie's hair is made of Ostrich Feather Fringes like these ones:

http://www.tonyhill.net/productCat95937.ctlg

About the licensing, wikipedia cites MTI as the current licensor, but they have a page saying that the show is currently restricted. that page has been there for ages. They are probably licensing it on a case by case basis.

I also wonder if the shows license does not include the characters because I have seen a great disparity on the look of the characters in different performances around the world. And i also wonder why lab rat's characters had to differ from the originals.

Bear Man

Reaction score
i am currently doing a full set of puppets for a licenced performance of Avenue Q but all the characters have to be re designed so they arent too close to the originals i had already started Nicky before they told me this so i have to re make him.
Did they give you any reason for this? I would have assumed that if the show was licenced then character likenesses would form part of that? It actually surprises me that they're not insisting on the opposite, ie characters remaining true to the original designs...

Lab Rat

Reaction score
no i got no explanation regarding character changes maybe it's because the show i'm making puppets for is so close to the west end show in terms of distance they have got the licence to put the show on but but the puppets have to differ.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It probably has something to do with the ownership/rights associated with the characters and the contract Rick Lyon has. Someone emailed me awhile back because they were looking for names of builders for a community theatre production of Avenue Q and said they weren't allowed to copy the originals either.

darkranth

Reaction score
Actually I wrote to rick and told him about my project of making a short french-canadian version for school. He just told me to be careful with the copyrights for the puppets.

darkranth

Reaction score
I checked for the ebay faux fur and it's 2,75" long. So I will take this one...

darkranth

Reaction score
Is anybody has a good adress where I can get polar fleece online?

darkranth

Reaction score
you're right. It's a good place but their lime green is not exactly what I want... Maybe it will be easier to buy antron fleece and dye it the exact way I want. How does it works? How much does it cost? And is it really a lot more for dye it?