1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Need help for avenue q puppets replicas

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by darkranth, Feb 22, 2008.

1. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

Darkranth . About the eyes. I have been thinking about using "Sculpey super flex","Sculpey eraser clay" or "fimo soft" for puppets eyes. I am thinking of making a flat tortilla or patty with one bar and use an ice cream scoop, a soup scoop or a bowl as a mold, pressing the dough from the inside to make it round, cut it with a glass and bake it. I haven´t try it, but I think could be used to make other unusual shapes too.
  2. darkranth

darkranth New Member

3. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

wow! it's extremely good. How did you do the nose? Are you going to put the beard? Good work.
  4. darkranth

darkranth New Member

Thank you! For the nose I just took two pieces of fleece and sew them together and I put a styrofoam ball in it. But all the face is only temporary. It's not the material it's use to be. For the beard I tried to make a line in my sewing but can't barely see it. I tought I could sew an other piece of fleece on it.
  5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

he really doesn't have a full on beard, it's more like a five o' clock shadow
  6. darkranth

darkranth New Member

OMG! Last friday I did my first performance with nicky. I sang "if you were gay" in french... That was AWESOME! Everybody liked it, I received really good comments, I just can't wait to do it again!
    Be careful Quebec! Avenue Q is coming! Yeaaah!
  7. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

Congratulations, Darkranth. Hey.. did you translated the lyrics? have you heard those on the upcoming Paris version? By the way tell me how they sound to you:http://www.myspace.com/avenueqfr I mean soundwise they are great but how does the adaptation sound to you?
  8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

9. darkranth

darkranth New Member

It's hard to tell if the adaptation is good because, there is a BIG difference between french from France and french from Quebec. We don't have same expressions, not the same accent (not at all!) and some words don't have the same meaning. I don't really like the Paris version but it's because I'm from quebec, otherwise it's probably very good.

And yes I translated the lyrics but I started on the paris translation.

A great thing about french from quebec is that we use a lot of english word. So for the: I like you anyway , in the paris version the meaning changes in translation it sounds more like: You can be sure that it won't change anything (je peux t'assurer, que ça va rien changer) but in my translation it's the same (je t'aimerais anyway)
  10. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

I want to hug that Trekkie. The show is going to be awsome. I hope someone could take some video of the performance.
  11. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

Darkranth, In spanish I liked the "unofficial" translations I've seen on the Internet. I liked the ones from Spain, Argentina, Monterrey, and one that a friend wrote. But I din't liked the, so far, only "official" spanish translation, the one playing in Mexico City. And I don't like the idea that they will make eventually an Original Cast CD, that would be equivalent to setting in stone the Lyrics. On the other hand I haven't heard that translation entirely yet, but I've heard that Mix tape is just Hilarious. Well that one was just a matter of throwing crazy titles of songs, but I've been told they chose very funny ones. I wonder if in Quebec you would ever change the "I love Titanic!" part ;)
  12. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

Apparently they are having the dress rehearsal professionally fimed so it will probably end up on youtube.
  13. darkranth

darkranth New Member

I've posted some pictures of nicky and kate monster.
    http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk162/Darkranth/
    Tell what you think!
    Oh and the doll fur is only 2". I don't think that's enough... And I don't want to spend 30$ for a big piece a fur, so I wonder if someone have some little pieces of 3" dark brown fur that I could use for Nicky's hair.

Thanks!
  14. darkranth

darkranth New Member

Ok... So now I have a problem... The fur I want for trekkie Monster is not avaible on ebay anymore. I tried to contact the seller (big4fabric) but they didn't reply yet.

Did someone have a good adress for cheap fur? Mendel's looks great but it's too expensive...

Please... It's for a school project so I'm running out of time.
  15. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

Hey Darkranth, Now I can see that you finally got your Fur for trekkie. I would recommend you make trekkie's horns the same way you are building your puppets. Foam covered with fleece. And get Sculpey for the pieces under the eyes, is the easiest way to do it. So far so good. And your sunshine puppet is looking really good as well.
  16. darkranth

darkranth New Member

Wow! I don't know why I didn't think about it for horns! Thanks!
    And sculpey is so far the best suggestion I had! Thanks a lot! By the way, do you know what nicky and ohter character like kate eyes are made of? The white part...
  17. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

sculpt the horns in Foam rubber, Sculpey will crack , and break , I suggest you use plastic spoons or other found items for eyes as well, sculpey is not durable enough
  18. Herman

Herman New Member

you should use scott foam for his teeth.
  19. Will Callahan

Will Callahan New Member

aw that sucks I would of loved 2 see your Avenue Q puppets 2